"The Beginnings". I'll be splitting this off into many parts, this first part can be considered a prologue of what I went through, what I plan to do, etc. It may not be "photogenic", I will however TRY to put appealing pictures for viewing pleasure. I love Rising World, I want to share the fun. Even if people may dislike me (for whatever reasons), I still want to share my fun and enjoyment with Rising World.
With the biomes update finally having been released it's time to have fun. Time to get cracking for real.
Prologue of - "Harbour City" (To be named later; Founded on November 2nd, 2022)
- A crude picture of where my main settlement shall be. I forgot name of this enclosed body of water. (I tried searching up water terms; Cove, bay, gulf, etc).
- Red = Red forest
- Black arrow = points to spawn 1 minute away
- Outter North-south arrow = Planned outter harbour (bigger boats)
- Inner east-west arrow = Inner harbour (Smaller boats)
- Orange/Red Pin = My home.
(World Seed: 4520548379456497)
- "Spawn" (Humble beginnings):
This second image reminds me of my time in British Columbia. Just a 2 minute walk leads you to my WIP harbour settlement. My humble beginnings, my actual start in this new Unity world. Onwards to adventure!
- "Harbour City" (To be named later):
Found a lovely "inlet" allowing for proper protection of boats. Good place to shelter up, build up, and to set up a trading area. As noted, took me a few hours and days to start construction, finally founding my 'Harbour City' (TBD) to allow for smaller and bigger boat traffic. Started off with a main road, a harbour lining, and even placing my home first. My home may be "simple and boring", it however is functional, or should be. Gotta start somewhere. I scouted out the terrain to find the 'medium' height range between high and low, painstakingly flattening the area. Doing this, I even fiddled with blocks finding out (through a guide on Steam) that 'C' gives me more building controls. I still decided to stick to the default grid giving it a more "European" built vibe.
Painstakingly digging out stone and dirt, flattening areas, planning to curve the terrain to the mountain later.
- My WIP Home next to the roadway.
I'm well aware this isn't much, I however gotta start somewhere. This is my "somewhere". I now need to name my settlement. I need to finish building my home, my workshop, my pub, storage building, fishing warehouse, etc. I have lots to build and rebuild. I even need to place a simple shelter of a structure at spawn. I may not expect visitors, for when I do it needs to shelter people. Needs to have basic supplies, etc. For now, I'll be working on my harbour settlement, picking out a name for it, and just settling in.
- My home with a "garage". To gain an upper floor later.
- Painstakingly figuring out how to build steps down to create lower levels of the harbour for rowboat, rib, etc.
- View of the inner body of water, the WIP roadway, the my WIP home. The dirt I'm clearing.
It's a start. Now to continue the process by working on my farm. Now I simply need more time to actually do what I need to do; To build fancy stuff. I wanted to build a rowboat for the past few days now, I however need a farm, a farm I need to make by clearing out dirt. Dirt is slowing me down so much.
- I wish we could pick up dirt from dirt voxels.
- I wish I can place dirt (I have to use rakes).
- I wish the pickup sound wasn't destruction, more of a peaceful JAVA pickup sound.
- I love how the water adapts to the terrain (no concern there).
- Having to painstakingly clear out dirt with everything getting in the way.
- Cycle spawning dirt from grass blades (to be fixed by Red51 later).
- Can't place raw stone in terrain.