Great job Red!

• The terrain is wonderful and remapping my movement to the arrow keys seems to have been worked out, so Im definitely feeling the pull to step back into it.

Must have a map though as I cant go exploring and find my way back. If there`s a reason your avoiding a map, maybe a small crafting item that lets us place a marker and when we pull the compass up an arrow(s) are seen...Main base1, base2, etc ?

I think your really onto something here. RW has a vibe Im not seeing in the other survival games out there.

• The terrain is wonderful and remapping my movement to the arrow keys seems to have been worked out, so Im definitely feeling the pull to step back into it.

Must have a map though as I cant go exploring and find my way back. If there`s a reason your avoiding a map, maybe a small crafting item that lets us place a marker and when we pull the compass up an arrow(s) are seen...Main base1, base2, etc ?

I think your really onto something here. RW has a vibe Im not seeing in the other survival games out there.

for now you can press F3 twice to get coords. write them down and use the goto command to tp there

• Thanks a lot for your feedback :) :thumbup:

Adding a map is still on our to-do list^^ I agree that navigation is a bit tricky without it... the only ways right now would be to use the compass (the small needle on the compass shows to your spawn position, which can be changed by sleeping in a bed or tent), or the debug coordinates, as mentioned by james1bow

We'll think about other ways for navigation, e.g. maybe waypoints that could be set up or something like that ;)

• We'll think about other ways for navigation, e.g. maybe waypoints that could be set up or something like that ;)

In Java, I created an arrow with fire bins, currently we could use campfires instead. :D Craft one arrow, make blueprint and you have waypoints ... My fire arrow made its way to my avatar here and in steam.

• I would rather like a beacon on screen (subtly) to indicate which direction your base would be. Similar to that seen in Subsistence or that Zombie game (whatever it's called). Maybe you would have to make a compass to get the beacon (and have an established basecamp) but once you've made the compass you wouldn't have to have it in your hand the beacon would just remain onscreen. Maybe it would just be a little line with compass indicators and a dot that shows where your base is:

N____________________E_____________ (base)_________________S______________________W and it would move the indicators depending which way you are facing.

Then when a map is added, we have that to refer to also—it's helpful to see a visual representation of where you've been and the direction to go to get to an area.

I'd also really like it if there were an option to show your food and water numbers always—in settings just turn it on.

I'm loving it so far. Not really understanding the creative mode water placement totally, but I'm sure I'll get it. I think that if I do understand it, the water currently in game is dynamic in that it moves is you dig under or around it. But right now, water you place doesn't really "flow"—mine just stays in blobs!

I haven't tried the new color picker for the paint roller—something I specifically asked for! THANK YOU.:wow: I am excited to get painting.:thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!