Update 0.6.7: Posters, Signs and more Content

• The option to rename the image in the poster window does not work. When clicking is "rename image" nothing happens.

Oh, actually we wanted to remove the rename option before releasing the update :saint: It was causing some issues, so we disabled it (just didn't remove the button). It will be re-added in a future update then.

Shouldn't it be possible to eat burned bread just as it is possible to eat burned meat?

Well, the thing is, the player can't eat bread directly, instead he has to cut it first. It didn't seem reasonable to us to offer this functionality for burned bread as well, so that resulted in burned bread being useless atm... but maybe we'll change that in the long run ^^

I've noticed that not all the door handle animations work.

Oh, thanks for letting me know, this will be fixed with the upcoming hotfix :)

• Well, the thing is, the player can't eat bread directly, instead he has to cut it first. It didn't seem reasonable to us to offer this functionality for burned bread as well, so that resulted in burned bread being useless atm... but maybe we'll change that in the long run ^^

Yes, agree, that make sense indeed.

But you introduced baked beef... maybe we can have now baked potatoes? :thinking::D Should be nice to have it, no? :)

• hello red, about the post of Juggernaut, i can say the stuff only those in the inventory are missing from players on his server.

I saw that in Creative mode we have Trash available in the inventory, maybe that could be the problem, although many players have lost their stuff from the inventory while playing in Survival mode.

Regarding the chests, I don't think there has been anyone who has reported losing things inside them.

it seems that the servers are undergoing a sort of reset of their options, this is my impression due to the fact that, for some things, we find ourselves with strange limits, for example with the images that can now be inserted in game, the server does not allows you to add more than 10 different ones, after which the game freezes and you have to crush it in order to re-enter and play.

i'm not an expert , you will always have to talk to Juggs but this is what happened after the update.

P.S. now I send the customers of bars, restaurants and motels to pee behind the trees :D

BE patient and fix everything ;)

:thumbup: From Old Artisan's Realm Server !

:D on Wild Frontiers Server now ! 8)

• Red,

Thank you for fixing whatever the M1 Mac problem was, because I was worried I would be relegated to going back to my old Java world. Unfortunately, converting my latest Unity world caused an error where it stated I didn't have the right permissions, or something like that. But so be it, because it was a transitory world, and now I'm in a new world. I spawned right next to the ocean and there, not too far away from the mainland, was an island. I risked crossing the channel, remembering drowning in Java waters, and I made it safely to where I will build my new home. What more could I ask for? Oh yes, a boat!

I've said it before, but it bears mentioning again, thank you, Red, and your team, for all the continued hard work on Rising World.

Darwin

• But you introduced baked beef... maybe we can have now baked potatoes? :thinking: :D Should be nice to have it, no? :)

Hehe, this is definitely planned! ^^

hello red, about the post of Juggernaut, i can say the stuff only those in the inventory are missing from players on his server.

Unfortunately the world conversion went wrong on multiplayer servers (if there was more than 1 inventory in the db, that's why this was almost never an issue in singleplayer)... but we're currently preparing a hotfix which should hopefully fix this issue. It's probably ready in 1-2 hours ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regarding the chests, I don't think there has been anyone who has reported losing things inside them.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad that they work :)

we find ourselves with strange limits, for example with the images that can now be inserted in game, the server does not allows you to add more than 10 different ones, after which the game freezes and you have to crush it in order to re-enter and play.

By default there is an upload limit of 10 images per player. This can be changed in the player permissions.

However, unfortunately the game doesn't inform the player about this limit - and there is no timeout for the image upload either, resulting in the upload indicator never disappearing :dizzy:

The upcoming hotfix will change that: On the one hand, it will inform the player if image upload didn't work. On the other hand, there is now also a hard-coded timeout if the upload takes longer than 30 seconds ;)

Unfortunately, converting my latest Unity world caused an error where it stated I didn't have the right permissions

Oh, that's weird :wat: Not sure that kind of permission issue could be responsible for that :thinking:

What more could I ask for? Oh yes, a boat!

Hehe, you can find both a rowboat and a RIB in the crafting menu^^ But we definitely need some biggers vessels :D

I've said it before, but it bears mentioning again, thank you, Red, and your team, for all the continued hard work on Rising World.

Thanks for your kind words! :) :thumbup:

• Another hotfix is available now btw! There had been an issue regarding world conversion on multiplayer servers (sometimes resulting in broken inventories). This hotfix hopefully fixes this issue. There are also a few other fixes and changes in this update. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers for this update accordingly.

If you still run into any issues, please let us know :)

Hotfix 0.6.7.1 (2023-07-01):

• [Change] Crafting a repeating rifle now requires gunpowder (temporary solution until proper ammo is implemented)
    • [Change] Crouched players are now harder to detect for animals
    • [Change] Changed damage dealt by arrows when hitting animals/npcs
    • [Change] Game now shows proper error messages if image upload fails (e.g due to permission)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed broken inventories (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash if the inventory contained an invalid item (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that you couldn't edit area permissions if it contained an invalid player (i.e. a player that no longer exists in database)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed explosions sometimes not triggering
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some doors not being fully colored
    • [Bugfix] Other player IK no longer detects decals (in multiplayer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing animation for some doors
    • [Bugfix] Fixed image upload indicator getting stuck
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some minor localization issues
  • Many many thanks for your reactivity, you deserve it <3

let me try this sneaky mode ^^ :p

EDIT:

sneaky mode approved :thumbup: (maybe could be shortered a bit more, but overhaul it's nice)

saloon door resize ok :thumbup:

• Quote from Alex74
    we find ourselves with strange limits, for example with the images that can now be inserted in game, the server does not allows you to add more than 10 different ones, after which the game freezes and you have to crush it in order to re-enter and play.

Quote from Red51

By default there is an upload limit of 10 images per player. This can be changed in the player permissions.

red51 I cannot find this permission setting (image/poster) to up the limit, even on the example / default ones. I can only find blueprint limits section.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• red51 I cannot find this permission setting (image/poster) to up the limit, even on the example / default ones. I can only find blueprint limits section.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to update the permissions topic! I'll update it shortly! :saint:

The image permissions are stored in a new "image" section (these are the default settings):

JSON
    "image": {
    "maxamount": 10,
    "maxresolution": 512,
    "delete": false,
    "deleteown": true
    }
  • thanks Red.

Another weird bug and suggestion regarding text object.

When placed with no text, there is no placeholder. It becomes invisible. there are a few 'someone' placed down and I cannot find them :)

also, related issue: I get the occasional sound effect of placing a text element (at random, if i am in the area). maybe approx 5 times a minute the sound will randomly play (like someone was placing a poster or text object near you). I suspect it is one of the invisible text elements another player placed down that I cannot find. this issue is localized to one one spot i know of in my world, other spots that use posters I havent noticed a problem. *Edit: Attempted to use visualizeobjects command and get insufficient permissions as admin. i then added "visualizeobjects": true, within the admin group and claim admin (and reloadpermissions) and still 'insufficient permission'. figured it may be a way i can find the invisible objects that may be making that sound :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• Another weird bug and suggestion regarding text object.

When placed with no text, there is no placeholder. It becomes invisible. there are a few 'someone' placed down and I cannot find them :)

Yes, that's indeed a bit problematic :thinking: Maybe it's better if the empty text shows a placeholder... we'll change that with the next update ;)

also, related issue: I get the occasional sound effect of placing a text element (at random, if i am in the area). maybe approx 5 times a minute the sound will randomly play (like someone was placing a poster or text object near you)

Oh, it seems that the place sound for posters is played everywhere :dizzy: Thanks for letting me know, we'll change that with the next hotfix!

Edit: Attempted to use visualizeobjects command and get insufficient permissions as admin. i then added "visualizeobjects": true, within the admin group and claim admin (and reloadpermissions) and still 'insufficient permission'. figured it may be a way i can find the invisible objects that may be making that sound :)

To use the visualization commands (e.g. visualizeobjects or visualizenpcs), you have to set the visualization command permission to true :)

• Appears to affect only certain LODs. If you get closer the chunks appear correctly.

Oh, that's weird :wat: I'm not sure if this is really caused by this update (because we didn't touch chunk generation), but there was an issue like that before which sometimes caused LOD chunks to break after modifying that particular chunk (e.g. after digging a hole at that position, for example). In this case the LOD chunk is just a flat chunk (at elevation 0). You could maybe double check that by typing "toggleworldgeneration" into console (this temporarily halts world generation on your end), then fly to the LOD chunk and check if it actually exists (most likely at elevation 0), or if the LOD chunk is fully missing.

There is a command to recalculate all visible LOD chunks. It's recalculatelods (it requires the "recalculatelods" command permission). If you want to try it, make sure the (broken) LOD chunks are loaded on your end. It may cause some load on the server, so I would maybe recommend using it if there are not many players online.

If the chunks are still broken after recalculating them, you may try to move away and return to the location (so they get reloaded).

It would be nice if the text showed on both sides ;)

Yeah, we've been thinking about that, maybe it's indeed better if the text is visible on both sides :D

• Hehe, you can find both a rowboat and a RIB in the crafting menu^^ But we definitely need some biggers vessels

Oh yes, I spotted the boats. I just didn't have enough wood, yet. Now, the island that only had three trees has about 100 growing of various types, and I have my rowboat. As for bigger boats, I'd be fine with just a canoe as an alternative to a rowboat.

Something I noticed: When I light up a furnace during the day hours and go about my business, it uses up fuel (which is good) and smelts the items over time. But if I light up the furnace just before going to bed, when I wake up, I notice the ore has been smelted (which is good) but no fuel has been depleted (which is not good).

Question: Will there be trapping cages added in the future? Say, to catch chickens and rabbits?

Added Mention: That permissions problem I had with my previous Unity world? It went away with the update you recently did. It was nice to see it load, but I prefer my new world.

• Something I noticed: When I light up a furnace during the day hours and go about my business, it uses up fuel (which is good) and smelts the items over time. But if I light up the furnace just before going to bed, when I wake up, I notice the ore has been smelted (which is good) but no fuel has been depleted (which is not good).

Oh, yes, that's indeed a bit problematic :thinking: Thanks for letting us know, we'll change that with one of the next updates ;)

Question: Will there be trapping cages added in the future? Say, to catch chickens and rabbits?

This is planned in the long run, but unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet... probably this will be added once husbandry plays a bigger role :)

Added Mention: That permissions problem I had with my previous Unity world? It went away with the update you recently did.

Oh, I'm happy to hear that! :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!