Mojang's (And Microsoft's) Growing Failure [Minecraft]

• Back in 2015-2018 there were tons of people who noted they preferred Rising World over Minecraft, to which I have to agree with this sentiment more and more each year. Ever since Mojang threw Notch under the bus over fake political garbage, and sold their soul to a corporate devil (Microsoft) it took a slight nose up, yet steep decline. Many people feel Minecraft to be trash, empty, boring, etc. I agree. Even my friends refuse to play it anymore. The "Golden Age" is over with Rising World taking over, or even other better variants of Minecraft. Sure, Minecraft may still hold #1 thanks to brainless kids not knowing any better, though to those in the Rising World community shall know how much better RW is over Minecraft.

Why am I making this thread? Don't worry, it's not "Spam", as weird people like to note. It's genuinely relevant. Look at this these videos.

- This is not Minecraft? (Minetest)

The jist of Minetest is to make a game similar to Minecraft, yet done so in its own creative and fun manner; Not tied to corporate nonsense. It fixes all the Quality of life stuff while purging any political garbage found in the game, such as singleplayer banning, etc. Minetest is what you desire from Minecraft (the olden-day vibes), while simply being a proper escapism. Pushing Minecraft into modded Minecraft territory. Open source code, updating things in real time (menu wise), and all the lovely jazz.

- Minecraft has lost its identity:

The above video is EXACTLY why I'm making this thread. It may go on deaf ears, it however is the reason why people have had enough of Minecraft while favouring Rising World more and more as days, weeks, months, and years go by. It notes how modern Mojang is afraid of everything, maybe also because of over-protective Microsoft ruining everything in the process (and having me get yelled at by friend in Revelstoke, B.C because I shared how people were getting banned on Minecraft). Mojang is playing it too safe making the very mistakes they initially intended to avoid. Old Minecraft is nostalgic and mysterious, while new Minecraft is similar, yet with a splatter of paint to make it more RPG-like. Less sandboxy, more kid-based story awkwardness.

Mojang doesn't make features just because they find it fun anymore. Everything has to be strangely "logical" taking the fun out of everything. The soul of features was taken away. I mean, look at how people responded to how I desired ridable mounted Moose, even though it was vaguely a part of our history, and even a part of Nier Automata. There is a reason why J-RPGs, and even Asian games tend to be highly more desired than corrupted Western games. Even gaslighting me into playing Asian games over Rising World is overly moronic. I admire Rising World, I don't want to throw it away just because trolls desire to gaslight me every step of the way. I genuinely admire Rising World, it's a step in the right direction. It would do well taking proper notes from the Asian gaming scene! Sadly, Rising World is being intentionally sabotaged like everything else out there. People even attacking me because they know I'm genuine (on Steam Forums) attacking everything they feel is the "weakest link". The Rising World community allows it, which in turn also harms Rising World. Shame. People are stupid, even labeling me as a villain, yet we can clearly see Minecraft floundering in the gaming scene because it forgot what actual fun and entertainment was. Rising World would do well learning serious gaming lessons while shunning each and every troll on this and Steam forums desiring to stir the pot, sabotage, or false-flag attack under false pretenses. Sure, Minecraft has a massive playerbase, but that is all it has in regards to the main game. The meat of Minecraft is in its modding, something Rising World should eventually grasp onto. Minecraft has a lemming fanbase (vanilla wise, and with kids). Rising World has a loyal fanbase, now corrupted by politically corrupted weirdoes hellbent on sabotaging everything around it, including me, because it's still genuine. Everything has to have its soul ripped apart. The more popular something is the more trolls you tend to attract.......

- Nier Automata (Can be found on Steam) with 2B riding a Moose after using an item. Can't ride it otherwise. It either attacks you or runs away.

Mojang wrongly threw Notch under the bus over fake political garbage and nonsense. Keep politics out of gaming; Games are escapism. Mojang wrongly threw Notch under the bus, and bad karma is still bad karma when you disrespect the original creator of a creation. They sold their soul to the devil and now they're paying the price for it. You never EVER sell your soul. EVER! It's your precious identity.

The iconic Creeper wouldn't be there now if they were to be added into Minecraft in this era for the first thing.

Mojang is afraid of many things, though that also may be because of the Microsoft overlords. They always take the "safe way" refusing to add proper necessary features such as cargo boats, proper railway, proper gliders, etc. People desired many things to only go on deaf ears. Everything feels too safe and bubbled up. Red51 can also learn from this warning because I've also seen Red51 (on numerous occasions) making similar errors as Mojang. Red51 appears too afraid to add features because he listens to the community a tad bit too much when some members have been known to intentionally sabotage the community around them. If you give people an inch, they'll take a mile (and more) to which you'll have a trash show. Yes, you can have a poll, but even those can be sabotaged when coordinated. Look at X Community notes. Have enough people and that can easily be hijacked, something which has been proven a lot. People aren't honest with themselves. Red51 has to stay strong and add things he assumes would be fun and entertaining. I'm happy he added various community requested features, even making features work in Rising World, ones which refused to work in Minecraft, making Rising World all that more appealing.

If it adds fun and entertainment, while still being properly balanced, then by all means add it into the game. That's what the Japanese do! That's what Europeans USED to do (view Silent Hunter 3, or other war games with minor nations) before the modern Western nonsense corrupted everybody to be lazy and tardy. Nobody desires to add Canadians, Slovaks, or any other minor nations, as they has in Silent Hunter 3, or Slovakia in sports games, etc. Sure, maybe they're still there in SOME games, but people are even whining and moaning you see Russians and Chinese in Azur Lane, or 'Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts'. There is some good and bad with Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnought because the developers are Ukranians, and they appear fishy. They added the Chinese as a faction, which is neat, but everything else was messed up. Modern game developers are tardy. IL-2 Sturmovik allowed you to play as the Czech Republic, as the Slovakians, and any other noteworthy nation at the time, yet current modern games refuse that same philosophy in gaming. Everything has to be a moronic copy-and-paste cookie cutter nonsense. Nobody desires to be unique, or barely anybody. Everything has to be bland and boring, something which Mojang is adopting accidentally, and Rising World runs the risk of doing.

I, once again, wish Red51 to be true to his vision. If he desires to add a feature, then add it. Don't be afraid by hiding behind a sofa with a knife in hand. If you're afraid of adding some feature then consider mod.io, an example plugin hosted on this site, or other alternatives. The more fearful you are the more it will find a way to hound you in the future. Best to deal with something sooner than later, and face it head-on than have it hound you in the way Mojang is finding out the hard way. :nerd:

Mojang screwed up, especially on a political note and a "selling of the soul" note. They need to find a way to redeem themselves while also finding a way to apologize to Notch and the fanbase. Like with KanColle with Japan, Mojang needs to apologize to their fanbase for being so stubborn and stiff.

---------

On a sidenote:

RTS, various RPGs and other various "thinking" games have been on a decline thanks to lower attention span in people. It's being blamed on the 'Tik Tok' generation, and those I've seen yelling at me to do something in Minecraft while also telling me they dislike both Minecraft and Rising World. They prefer to be ironically political while telling me not to be. Hypocrites. People would much prefer to play games that are quick and simple, not long and tedious, yet still as rewarding. Sure, people and work and school, and that is fine. Everything else has been on a decline to which lazy game developers can get away with not making VR mode, co-op mode, or QoL fixes, among other stuff. Nobody desires RTS games anymore. The Golden age of gaming may have come and gone with the last few saving graces being Rising World and other games before they perish to a potato-brained generation.

We shall see how things shall go in the future.

• I can agree that Rising World is better than modern Minecraft (in my opinion) - it brings your creativity, exploration and atmosphere feeling to new levels. But I can't agree with some statements:

Open source code, updating things in real time (menu wise), and all the lovely jazz.

That still don't make Minetest great game. Minetest engine is very weak in terms of performance (if you are interested why I can explain that in details), very limited in terms of graphics, and suffering from specific development vector when opened pull requests are not reviewed during years, same for issues or suggestions. As a result there are no really good developers in its community - most of them left during early development stages due to aggressive behaviour or ignorance from core dev side.

Open source doesn't always mean "many new content/mods", Minetest is a good example of that. Yes, it is Open Source, but there are no large active forks of it (some old devs that I know labeled its code as a junkyard which is too hard to work with, especially network and light calculation). On the other hand modding is LUA-based, which means that you can create only things that are allowed by the API, not anything else. As a modder I can say that current Minecraft modding ecosystem brings so large freedom that non of other games have, and Minetest is far, far away from it. It is more like official Bedrock addons system - just some scripts and assets, no more.

purging any political garbage found in the game, such as singleplayer banning, etc

They don't have such things in the game (that's true), but they have that thing in the community and on forums. And yes - you can be banned if you don't agree with moderator position or if your opinion don't fit their ideals. Personally I was not banned, but I saw how several people were (even people who were active contributors to the game).

Basically Minetest is a sort of "Minecraft at home". It has same problems, just in smaller scale. Not from large megacorporation, but from its developers. At this moment 12 years of development made Minetest close to early alpha Minecraft. There are people that will like that approach (for same reasons as people play in Legacy Minecraft and make mods for it)

make it more RPG-like

This is more about Hytale, for me situation looks like Mojang tries to add as little content as possible to simulate development (or they just can't, after all if you have ~5 java coders in ~800 employe company that is possible). And also looks like most decisions are directly forced by Microsoft (and like any capitalist Microsoft want to earn money with less effort, which means slow development, and protect itself from lawsuits, which is why banes were introduced)

Everything has to be strangely "logical" taking the fun out of everything

There is much more important thing in games than fun - game balance. Games in survival genre (like RW) follows some specific rules (specific for each game) to keep it. If developers start to add things just for fun the game will become not fun in general since it will just break balance. There are games made specifically for fun (like Besiege, DRG), or the whole genres (arcades, for example). Each feature should be analyzed from balance prism, and if necessary - removed/denied entirely, or heavily changed from the original concept.

RTS, various RPGs and other various "thinking" games have been on a decline thanks to lower attention span in people

Baldur's Gate can't community can't agree with you. Each game genre is popular, but only in its audience. If you will ask Need for Speed players about Minecraft they most likely will say "no, I don't like that game", while if you ask the same in Terraria or Core Keeper community than you will get "yes, definitely, best game of my childhood". Any person want to play games that he like, don't judge them for that

• You're entitled to your opinion so that's fine.

That still don't make Minetest great game. Minetest engine is very weak in terms of performance (if you are interested why I can explain that in details), very limited in terms of graphics, and suffering from specific development vector when opened pull requests are not reviewed during years, same for issues or suggestions. As a result there are no really good developers in its community - most of them left during early development stages due to aggressive behaviour or ignorance from core dev side.

It ran smoothly on my Steam Deck allowing me to play "hours" on the device. I had such great fun while not hearing the fan going it was great playing it this morning and this evening while waiting for the New Year to come.

Maybe you're correct, maybe you're not, I can't say on the alleged "aggressive behaviours" relating to devs.

They don't have such things in the game (that's true), but they have that thing in the community and on forums. And yes - you can be banned if you don't agree with moderator position or if your opinion don't fit their ideals. Personally I was not banned, but I saw how several people were (even people who were active contributors to the game).

Mojang constantly preached about "political" nonsense it was insane, even pushing for it. They snuck it in the title text under the Minecraft title, and Microsoft themselves push it so heavily you have to echo it, or be banned. People just get banned just because, and when other users blackmailed other users on the Minecraft side. It was silly. It's why I enjoy Rising World because it's (currently) neutral, yet always subject to change into something better or worse. I hope Rising World stays neutral through-and-through. I keep seeing people pushing it on these forums (mainly Steam and Discord fan group) to which they gaslight you if you don't agree.

I gained so many - "what" - because the person couldn't respond properly. It was silly, and I'm happy Rising World is still neutral.

As for Steam again, they just ban because its a mood based thing, not a rational or logical one. It's like Reddit moderators. They ban because they desire to stay in a fictional nonsense.

This is more about Hytale, for me situation looks like Mojang tries to add as little content as possible to simulate development (or they just can't, after all if you have ~5 java coders in ~800 employe company that is possible). And also looks like most decisions are directly forced by Microsoft (and like any capitalist Microsoft want to earn money with less effort, which means slow development, and protect itself from lawsuits, which is why banes were introduced)

Yes, everything does come down to Microsoft, and then Mojang after that. Mojang isn't innocent, seeing as how they threw Notch under the bus on numerous occasions. They doubled down on numerous occasions. And yes, the videos I linked (or maybe I forgot one) noted how Microsoft is ruining everything they touch, and I fully agree with that. They ruined Flight Sim, and everything else. They're one of the reasons I keep being nonsense banned on Steam.

There is much more important thing in games than fun - game balance.

I clearly noted balance, and it is also noted in the video.

>>>If it adds fun and entertainment, while still being properly balanced, then by all means add it into the game. <<<

Basically Minetest is a sort of "Minecraft at home". It has same problems, just in smaller scale. Not from large megacorporation, but from its developers. At this moment 12 years of development made Minetest close to early alpha Minecraft. There are people that will like that approach (for same reasons as people play in Legacy Minecraft and make mods for it)

Accidentally skipped this part, though the appeal is the whole nostalgia factor prior to Microsoft hijacking it and ruining everything. Learning the game over again, having to wiki everything, and having things be simplified. People love things for the, now lost, identity that was once Minecraft. :thumbup:

Maybe the developer is corrupt, maybe not. I have yet to find that out. What matters is how well it runs on a very basic level while adding the very basic core fun and entertainment to the table.

Baldur's Gate can't community can't agree with you. Each game genre is popular,

That may be the exception to the newly instated rule. Every time you ask someone to play RTS, Minecraft, or Rising World people always say it isn't their sort of game. Too sandboxy, too logical, etc. People need to be led around, and maybe that's what Baldur's Gate does via hype and internet followings. :thinking:

If you will ask Need for Speed players about Minecraft they most likely will say "no, I don't like that game", while if you ask the same in Terraria or Core Keeper community than you will get "yes, definitely, best game of my childhood".

Even then I always get a "no, I won't install that game", but they'll play any other game. People desire Tik Tok related quick satisfaction, or so I've encountered on my end. I"m just saying, and was noting with things I've seen and been experiencing.

Happy New Years btw.

• It ran smoothly on my Steam Deck

If you will run default "Minetest Game" or other simple games on Minetest - it will be almost fine, but that will not work for any complex game.

First of all rendering system of MT Engine is very bad:

- It separates each texture as individual submesh in the chunk instead of using texture atlases or texture arrays. That means that each chunk will require from 1 to several hundreds of drawcalls (people who know rendering will quickly understand what that will mean for performance). In comparison MC uses 1-2 drawcalls per chunk (if there are transparent blocks or not). That means that same amount of chunks on the screen will require up to 10-20k of draw calls (if there are many textures). Each draw call require CPU-GPU data sending, which is the bottleneck.

- All animations are done with mesh UV switching, any animated texture will require recalculation of thousands vertices in each chunk where it exists, and sending result to the GPU. And that will happen on each animation frame. In comparison MC just changes pixels of the texture. Sending 256 ints is much faster than some hundred thousands of floats to the GPU
    - Light system uses several storages - artificial light, sun light and moon light. Some devs don't even know how it works, but in general it will require much more complicated and massive calculations. And it will require rebuild meshes on day/night cycle changes. In comparison - MC uses lightmaps and have only 2 light types - from blocks and from sky.

- Entities code is very inefficient. Default game (and most others) don't have any entities except player and items. There are many weak points - finding other entities will ask all entities in the world instead of neighbour regions (same for physics), and so on. If you have more than 20 entities on the screen - you will get lag

- Server code is also inefficient, servers with more than 3 players and with complex game than default will have lag (freezing animations, rollbacks, physics glitches. Your FPS will be stable, but gameplay - not)

Physics is also not very good - it works more like physics in liquid than in air. Acceleration for entities and player is frequently incorrect, when player don't hit the node the engine will slowly push player down during a second, entities inside nodes starts glitching (especially items). The last one was partially fixed from LUA side in default game.

Basically MT engine is worse than MC engine during beta period (which was in 2010-2011). Even Modern MC with its runtime object creation and other specific things runs much faster with much more complex calculations than MT by default. RW engine (Unity) is also nice in terms of performance (that's also related to RW dev team code optimizations too)

Maybe the developer is corrupt, maybe not. I have yet to find that out. What matters is how well it runs on a very basic level while adding the very basic core fun and entertainment to the table.

Minetest is not a game anymore (since 0.4.0), it is a game engine now. Since 5.8.0 default MInetest game was finally dropped from default installation, now user should select game manually. All features that devs will add are code/API only, all games for the engine are developed by the community. The problem is that devs of the engine don't actually implement what community ask, in most cases they have their own vision of how it should work. For example they dropped all renderers support except OpenGL, even if they don't need to maintain them since they are using Irrlicht as rendering engine (for some reason they made their own fork and remove all rendering code except OpenGL. That can be understand if they will update its OpenGL version or at least enhance engine to support texture arrays, vertex attributes and so on, but they are not doing this). As a result Minetest Raytracing is no longer possible, instead we will have effects like in 2010 games like bloom that looks like vaseline on screen and very questionable godrays. Some PRs made by the community can stay open for years without review (even if they are important), others can be closed due to different random reasons

Microsoft is ruining everything they touch

Like any capitalist Microsoft is earning money, and looks like they are good at that. Actually without Microsoft MC will probably just become stagnating in 2012-2014 and slowly die (that was an update crysis when MC hit the bottom of its popularity since 2011). Yes, the game lost most of its original identity, but it also get many new things to work with. Yes, we don't have simplified villagers that can only walk and open a randomized trade menu, now we have complete village mechanics with jobs, necessary beds and houses, complex trading, village sieges, wandering traders and so on. We don't have only one world to work with two additional barren places, now we have 3 complete dimensions with their own resources, benefits and experiences. We don't have programmers art textures anymore (well, you still can enable them), instead we have a complex set of textures that are connected with each other, when you can finally build not only from stone and netherrack bricks. We also get many other things that were originally promised by Noth, but not implemented at all - cave biomes, ocean content, advanced End boss fight, complex customizable worldgen, advanced rendering system, multithreading and many others. And Mojang finally clarified their EULA (which was not clear since 2013), now all rules about user-made content are finally clear.

Additionally Microsoft expanded Minecraft universe, now we have Minecraft Story Mode, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Earth, Minecraft Legends. Yes, not all these games are good, but without Microsoft Mojang will never experiment with creation of something except Minecraft. Minecraft Dungeons actually looks like a Minecraft that we all want to see - with nice graphics, animations, textures, models, story and combat. It also has much better environment than original game. Without Microsoft that will be just impossible

• My current concern is how well does it run. Is it fun?

[If my last post seems weird then let it be noted I had 2 beers of Sapporo trying to celebrate New Years last night with VRChat choking here and there. Shal be doing some minor implied corrections here and there.]

The answer seems to both be "yes", and I even noted how it even runs nicely on my Steam Deck. I'm certain if I started adding mods and other stuff it'll become a bigger chunkier game, and that's something that goes without saying. Sure, that's awesome. As for all the nitty gritty stuff? Neat. Noted, though not currently concerned about that. Maybe later, just not right now. Thanks for going out of your way to note it though.

Games like HoloCure, HoloParade, or Titan Quest managed to drain the batteries of my Steam Deck in a couple hours (or less); Mintest managed to keep running from roughly 8 pm till 11:30 PM until I was eventually forced to jump onto VRChat for New Years. MineTest was able to provide more gameplay time than any other game. Even then, I wasn't allowed to have fun, even thinking maybe I should have stayed on Minetest instead of dealing with VRChat's weirdness. Servers choked, people struggled to have fun, and even refused to acknowledge my presence (as they always do). I would have regrets either way, but yeah. Minetest was more addicting to me. It provided more fun for me, though it'll be awhile before I share images of it. Thinking Minetest would do well for my flight to and from Japan allowing me the basic joys of other games which only allows 1 hr & 30 min gameplay, or som. 5 hours and 10 hours.

Rising World goes without saying is a beast of a game. Yes, I can run Rising World and I will play it whenever I do have the chance to. I've played it in a hotel before, though have to keep tethering my Steam Deck. Now, with plugins, it makes it harder to carry over my saves (and even posters) needing an eventual server to connect to. If I can carry stuff over in a better manner then Rising World would be more appealing with QoL save & backup issues.

Minetest is not a game anymore (since 0.4.0), it is a game engine now.

Maybe Minetest isn't a "game" anymore, it still is a game regardless in that I was building a home and a road, as I normally would in both Minecraft and Rising World. I had basic "fun" rediscovering something which was now lost in time. The magic of "rediscovery".

After you noted about "developer arrogance" I tried loosely seeking anything about it instead finding why people prefer Minetest instead. People have only good things to say about it, or so I can find at a glance.

, now user should select game manually.

Yeah, I'm still trying to sort my way through this trying to figure out how to obtain the mini-map radar display, among other stuff. I found tram mods, and other stuff, though haven't really fiddled with it until I felt satisfied I had enough resources to invest into various mods. The selling point of Minetest was how you could drop in and out of mods with ease, though I have yet to fiddle with "how".

It's nice to note the nitty gritty stuff, and it's nice to know. Even learning how Red51 had to struggle with Rising World (with water) was also a nice learning experience. I've had my fair share of development pain to which I even struggled to get games far enough, or even in a released state. Games, mods. Simple stuff. Even then my concerns always drop back down to the basics of - "is this game fun?".

If something stresses me out heavily I simply seek out the basics in the end. If a developer is moronic it's fine to note it, and I'm happy you're doing that, but then you burn yourself out and play simple games. :dizzy: I eventually find myself playtesting some random game I never initially desired eventually finding them fun on a basic 'Nintendo gameplay' manner.

Like any capitalist Microsoft is earning money, and looks like they are good at that. Actually without Microsoft MC will probably just become stagnating in 2012-2014 and slowly die (that was an update crysis when MC hit the bottom of its popularity since 2011).

Money over gameplay.

Probably. Minecraft did die out on me because of other people and other games coming and going. The gaming industry was also on life-support as well with people constantly (and seriously) noting "games are dying". AAA and Indie developers were struggling to make good games (or even intentionally refusing to) causing many players to vent in frustration. I saw 'MarcoMeatball' make note of "games are dying", not realizing how empty the gaming pool was forcing players to migrate over to Asian-made games. He didn't realize the full context. He laughed, mocking the Youtube videos after indie game developers and Japanese game developers mended the situation, somewhat. We're lucky things have been mended, just not fully recovered yet.

Gaming scene was genuinely messed up, no doubt about that.

Also didn't help you had (and still have) arrogant game developers even intentionally being tardy and lazy, gaslighting various situations. They would end up writing up novels about how and why they can't make VR games, co-op, nor add specific features. In the end it was laziness from various developers. Maybe some were honest, the rest (noted via Reddit) were lazy as f***.

But yeah, circling back to Minecraft it genuinely stagnated on various levels, even on a personal level for me. Infighting with people, and the gaming industry failing to be as honest as it was back in 2006, or so. I keep noting Silent Hunter 3 as being the best example of a proper "passion project".

Yes, the game lost most of its original identity, but it also get many new things to work with.

I can't deny that. I do agree with that and was happily thinking about how awesome it was to have horses, campfires, certain block types, and etc. Most of the new features are awesome, while others were more of an "WTF?!" moment. I genuinely admire the features, and tried playing it long-term for people to simply stagnate out of the game. Nobody desired to play long-term causing the game to constantly die. Every server I tried hosting people would just "lose interest". Even on other people's Feed the Beast servers as well. It has its charms, people have short attention spans.

- Horses's hooves were changed for no reason, other than "change". Why?

- Beacons - was cooler in the snapshot than it was in the final release. The community revolted, yet was still kept the same boring way. If we could revert to its initial snapshot appearance it would be cooler.

- Pumpkin pie still isn't placable as cake, or so I'm aware.

- Cargo Boats took YEARS to be added into the game. I'm 100% Mojang saw my Tweets, they still ignored me. They added it via voting, and even a belated addition into the game.

- Foxes are cute. I'm happy they're there, they take items, I'm however sad I can't befriend them. I wish I could have one as a pet. (This is the same for Rising World).

- Mojang/Microsoft now bans you upon being blackmailed (similar to Steam Support). You basically sneeze and get banned.

- Minecarts need a heavy revamp in Minecraft. I've seen posts on X even noting how Minecraft's suffers greatly in this regard. If it replicated even HALF of TrainCraft mod then it'll be a better addition to the game. (Red51 promised and teased various train types, and how they would run. I'm now expecting proper trains from Red51 than I do any other game from what he noted trains would be and how they would behave.)

There are tons of mixed feelings. Minecraft is both "Good" and "bad" at the very same time. Minetest simply brings things back to its basic and simplest core.

Yes, we don't have simplified villagers that can only walk and open a randomized trade menu, now we have complete village mechanics with jobs, necessary beds and houses, complex trading, village sieges, wandering traders and so on.

Millenaire mod

https://millenaire.org/

I have yet to play it seriously, though the times I genuinely played had a far better implementation than the vanilla side. Sure, I mass-produced paper and even sold zombie flesh to vanilla villagers for Emeralds, things were far better in Millenaire mod.

We also get many other things that were originally promised by Noth, but not implemented at all - cave biomes, ocean content, advanced End boss fight, complex customizable worldgen, advanced rendering system, multithreading and many others. And Mojang finally clarified their EULA (which was not clear since 2013), now all rules about user-made content are finally clear.

Yup! Good and bad stuff at the very same time. I was genuinely happy seeing more Mushroom biomes, and even the overly belated Cherry Blossoms. I'm genuinely happy there when I played with friends. Good times. It's fine, it however gets dragged down by a corporate feel. If, and when Rising World has Cherry Blossoms I shall be happy lining my roads with them. Hope we'll obtain Cherry Blossoms in the future!

I still have that world waiting for me if I ever decide to go back. Shall wait and see if we ever do.

Additionally Microsoft expanded Minecraft universe, now we have Minecraft Story Mode, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Earth, Minecraft Legends. Yes, not all these games are good, but without Microsoft Mojang will never experiment with creation of something except Minecraft. Minecraft Dungeons actually looks like a Minecraft that we all want to see - with nice graphics, animations, textures, models, story and combat. It also has much better environment than original game. Without Microsoft that will be just impossible

I'm amused you had to disclaimer "not all these games are good".

Minecraft indeed expanded on the lore, and that's fine. Everything simply goes back on how Mojang and Microsoft are corrupted. It sucks.

I'll admit I had fun with the main game, had nice moments in Dungeons, and even considered Legends. If I had to defend a game, it would be Dungeons. I would genuinely defend Dungeons as a nice spin-off game. It's a shame Mojang/Microsoft dropped the ball with Legends.

Legends died off immediately while Rising World is still hanging on, if barely. We genuinely need the next few updates to keep Rising World alive. We need more updates. If we had fishing, more API plugins, and eventually trains then you'll see an awesome rebound. I'm 100% even trains alone, if realistically added, would genuinely save Rising World from stagnation hell. You have a nice amount of train enthusiasts out there who would play Rising World solely for trains. If Red51 adds trains, and if the community plays with trains, we genuinely need to treat that feature with the utmost care and attention. Trains shall be Rising World's "soft-power" feature. I say this also because of what and how Red51 noted about trains. :nerd:

Yeah, you have the good and the bad at the very same time in regards to Minecraft.

• Games like HoloCure, HoloParade, or Titan Quest managed to drain the batteries of my Steam Deck in a couple hours (or less); Mintest managed to keep running from roughly 8 pm till 11:30 PM until I was eventually forced to jump onto VRChat for New Years

Games that uses more assets and require more operations to work will use more energy than simple games. If you will run Tetris I think that you can play it for several days without any issues. That's not very good argument for the game to be good or not. Advanced games require more resources, that's a consequences of being advanced game.

I tried loosely seeking anything about it instead finding why people prefer Minetest instead. People have only good things to say about it

Looks like you never looked into their Discord server (especially into not main channels, even in the last two days one was banned when he tried to tell that another admin was trolling him, another one was banned when he mentioned his opinion about LGBT stuff (negative)), or into their Reddit (well, most of such posts were deleted), into their GitHub tracker (especially into some closed issues), or their forum (such posts actually are also frequently deleted, like in Reddit). That behaviour was also noticed in topics related to MT, for example in game jam (in 2021 there were 26 games, in 2023 only 12), the drop is related to "aggressive" critique from admins side.

image.png

Maybe Minetest isn't a "game" anymore, it still is a game regardless in that I was building a home and a road, as I normally would in both Minecraft and Rising World. I had basic "fun" rediscovering something which was now lost in time. The magic of "rediscovery".

On the video preview this is not default game, this is a custom game build with Minetest engine. Default game (which, well, is not included anymore) looks like this:

7876932941612201644gol1.png

The games that works fine are the games that:
    - Uses only cube nodes. Advanced meshes/nodeboxes will cause FPS drops
    - Don't have entities. You can try Mineclone 2 or 5 and see the consequences of having many entities on screen. Rollback will be the smallest bug that you will see

Otherwise game will be playable only in singleplayer and on very low distances

I'm still trying to sort my way through this trying to figure out how to obtain the mini-map radar display

It is F6 on the PS, probably you can somehow execute its binding on the Steam Deck

Horses's hooves were changed for no reason, other than "change". Why?

To align with other entities style. All entities have solid boxes for their legs, unlike horses which were directly ported from Mo Creatures mod "as is". Now all entities have same style.

Beacons - was cooler in the snapshot than it was in the final release. The community revolted, yet was still kept the same boring way. If we could revert to its initial snapshot appearance it would be cooler.

Beacons were changed far more than only in 1.4. This is good when devs try to find balance in game mechanics and align it with others. At this moment beacons are popular as decorative and functional block.

Pumpkin pie still isn't placable as cake, or so I'm aware.

Yes, it is not placeable. To be honest 99.9% of players never used pie placement at all. Only as decoration stuff, rarely. It is not worth to add another placeable pie.

Cargo Boats took YEARS to be added into the game. I'm 100% Mojang saw my Tweets, they still ignored me

You should not think that Mojang will read/listen to single person or tweet (only if you will be their CEO). They can listen only the major part of the community (major part, not any part). Cargo boats were announced as a part of biome enhancements (swamps), and were added same as other swamp-related content during world update.

Mojang/Microsoft now bans you upon being blackmailed

I never saw any such bans at all, only people complaining that "I can be banned". Since that feature is disabled on server with single config line then you probably should just use normal servers.

Millenaire mod

It is not comparable to vanilla, Millenaire is a colony sim, vanilla is a village sim. They are completely different in their core and mechanics. And, to be hinest, vanilla approach fits much better into the game then Millenaire.

My original statement was "they created new games since they not to be afraid of experimenting", while Mojang on its own were stagnating. Yes, not all these games are good, but also they are not all bad. Enhanced fighting mechanics combined with MC aesthetics formed a nice diabloid game, while combining it with RTS resulted as a speculative one.

• Games that uses more assets and require more operations to work will use more energy than simple games. If you will run Tetris I think that you can play it for several days without any issues. That's not very good argument for the game to be good or not. Advanced games require more resources, that's a consequences of being advanced game.

Not sure what you're going on about here, the main concern is Microsoft (and Mojang) screwed up while finding Minetest awesome as a neat alternative. Having various alternatives is a good alternative. It keeps everything properly healthy and fresh allowing people to have what they want without being punished too severely in one camp. Other people shared it [MineTest] and I found it neat. It's always good to have alternatives. Now that I'm' aware of it I'm' happily playing it "for scientific purposes" as well as entertainment. Escapism is a must.

I'll happily make use of Tetris now, if I can find a good version to have on my Steam Deck.

I'm not trying to win anyting here, or have some weird "argument", I simply noted Microsoft sucks and Minecraft is dying in various manners. The soul of the game is being sapped out while other games are adding a "soul" into their game. Well, mainly Asian ones.

MineTest works great for the neat nostalgia and simplicity factor. It can be customized however you desire.

I had to listen to my "host" (roommates) vent about how Microsoft is ruining everything, including a forced e-mail scan about "consistency". People just want ot do their own thing without being told they amount to nothing.

While searching for something else I came across this. I didn't give it a read (I'm too exhausted):
    https://forum.kerbalspaceprogr…ng-and-we-need-your-help/

I'll read it over, yet people agree Miencraft is dying.

Looks like you never looked into their Discord server (especially into not main channels, even in the last two days one was banned when he tried to tell that another admin was trolling him, another one was banned when he mentioned his opinion about LGBT stuff (negative)), or into their Reddit (well, most of such posts were deleted), into their GitHub tracker (especially into some closed issues), or their forum (such posts actually are also frequently deleted, like in Reddit). That behaviour was also noticed in topics related to MT, for example in game jam (in 2021 there were 26 games, in 2023 only 12), the drop is related to "aggressive" critique from admins side.

I have no need to look into their Discord. I simply desire to escape while also feeling stressed and burnt out on many things. I'm even seeing people having issues with me so if I do care everything will have to wait for another time when I finally feel "whole" again.

I have no place (currently) to say who is allegedly "right" or "wrong", I'm simply here to "play games for science", and to also escape at the very same time. I had fun with MineTest, and I desire to have more fun. The terrain is both nostalgic, and different at the very same time. It runs well for my Steam Deck and I'll continue using it.

The only thing I can comment is this LGBT nonsense is what gets you banned on Steam (without fail) while games like 'Samurai Maiden' failed. Steam Support sides with those folks. People yelled and shouted in the Steam forums for that game to "do better" to only end up banned (myself included) as a result. Our shouting and protests happily managed to fix the translations, and even belatedly obtained a Steam Deck version support to the game. We had a few fixes, though the damage was sadly done. It's a "mixed" review game for being a "Western Corrupted" game. Sadly, the game is still trash and I don't want to play it. If I do, I'm giving that game a negative review. LGBT stuff is also curse (a cult), and shouldn't have existed in the first place, nor found its way into your example of MineTest. I've seen what it has done in VRChat, locally, and etc. People appear as if they came out of a sewer while spewing genuine hateful things like lemmings. It's disturbing. It has no place in gaming, Anime, or anything at all. To the few who are genuine I do feel bad for them, but everything is just a mess.

(Google up the localizer to AI mess with localizers caught in the act now having to pay for their horrendous sabotaging sins. Everything is going AI now thanks to various cultists around the world damaging source material for their own means.)

I don't care, nor does anybody else. All we care about is playing games, watching movies, and simply escaping into whatever game we're playing. These folks even tried hijacking Anime, even crying when one Anime was canceled for lack of support. We don't care about fake stuff. Everything has to represent this or that, and I can see why (from assumptions) as to why people got banned; As you've noted of "LGBT (Negative)". Steam supports this, even the lower-quality of games ending up on Steam and it's irritating everybody, including me.

People are tuned into reality, not into other people's fantasies. We don't have to lower our standards to other people's grand delusions. These two folks basically ruined VRChat for various people while the best parts of VRChat are from the Asian and Japanese communities. Seeing as how you noted "Drama" I immediately have to assume fake politics is in play and I want nothing to do with that. I've seen what it has done in the Rising World community, and I want to separate myself as far as possible from these delusional people.

To me, I need to see more "evidence" but at the same time I genuinely don't care. Yes, I do make note of things but then majority of time I simply go "meh, it's not worth it". I make note of things people say, even keeping copies of it.

Everything always drops back down to the basic:

- Is it fun?

- Does it run well?

- Can I escape without outside interference?

Good.

Then it evolves into the following.

- Can I mod it?

- Can I get other friends into the game?

- Can I get a helper NPC? A companion, a miner, or something?

- Trains? Boats? Etc.

- What can I do to further personalize this to "me", and not the outside world.

Everything has to feel like a dream. I simply desire to escape in any game I play, and we're not allowed to do that. I'm happy Rising World is the way it is (currently).

(This quote probably deviated to your quoting, I however felt it was necessary to note some side stuff about simply desiring to escape all this nonsense. I'm not even allowed to play VRChat anymore with how fake people are, and slowly with Rising World. When I'm able to focus I'll make note of the other places, if it's worthy of attention. I currently desire to escape, and I'm struggling to do so. I simply desire to escape in a dream-like state in games.)

It is F6 on the PS, probably you can somehow execute its binding on the Steam Deck

This is one of the more fruitful responses so I thank you kindly for this! If, and when I play next I'll bind it to this. I genuinely 100% thank you on this part. :thumbup:

You should not think that Mojang will read/listen to single person or tweet (only if you will be their CEO). They can listen only the major part of the community (major part, not any part). Cargo boats were announced as a part of biome enhancements (swamps), and were added same as other swamp-related content during world update.

They had every ability to fix thing, or even acknowledge something.

"Oh! Sorry! We screwed up so we'll look into adding Cargo boats shortly. Thanks for your input", should have been their response.

Yes, they're bloated, and all that lovely jazz. As for your note about 'biome enchancements (swamps)' was still a case of "little too late" deal. Yes, it's helpful but Rising World and other Minecraft/Minetest mods has shown Mojang how to do it correctly. I'll leave it at that.

I never saw any such bans at all, only people complaining that "I can be banned". Since that feature is disabled on server with single config line then you probably should just use normal servers.

I recall this clearly because of how my friend yelled at me in Revelstoke about showing him how people can get banned in Minecraft. He yelled and yelled at me to properly seek out love and not to focus on gaming stuff to which I felt like deleting myself from existence that day (July 2022). I was *this* close to taking my own life because everything always has to be my fault. This is relevant because of how negative memories tend to stick with you more deeply noting how people shared examples on various gaming sites how they were actually banned.

If I find some actual bans I'll humour both of us if anyone has actually been banned.

It is not comparable to vanilla, Millenaire is a colony sim, vanilla is a village sim. They are completely different in their core and mechanics. And, to be hinest, vanilla approach fits much better into the game then Millenaire.

If you want to do something correctly then you must have the proper features and elements. Doing things the half-assed lazy way always gets you flack.

I'm sure you've seen numerous quotes relating to how a prematurely released game results in forever garbage and a delayed game stays forever good. There is alternations, but the point is how I view Millenaire more highly than I do with Minecraft's villager feature.

Red51 loosely & indirectly noted he desired to go the Millenaire route.

My original statement was "they created new games since they not to be afraid of experimenting", while Mojang on its own were stagnating. Yes, not all these games are good, but also they are not all bad. Enhanced fighting mechanics combined with MC aesthetics formed a nice diabloid game, while combining it with RTS resulted as a speculative one.

Exactly, on the part "one shouldn't be afraid of experimenting".

If it's fun, and if it's balanced then it's all fun and games. Red51 is allowed to have fun, as are other developers. They however constantly show signs of being fearful and afraid, or simply refuse all together to then have their games die off into nothingness.

Once again, I'm happy with Minecraft Dungeons. They need to do more of that and less micro-transations, it's what killed off Legends, as shown in the Steam stats above.

-------

I'm now going to end up worrying about being punished about my LGBT comment above because it always devolves into a stupid mess. Oh my god. I had to say it, and people always stir up a mess, and now I'm going to see who does what with that comment. The point of everything is how people simply desire to escape into escapism, yet they're simply not allowed to over stupid nonsense. I'll eventually dig deeper, though currently I have to take care of my own sanity. Maybe I'll take more time to respond to your next reply. Maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe I won't be allowed here anymore. We'll see.

• This is one of the more fruitful responses so I thank you kindly for this! If, and when I play next I'll bind it to this. I genuinely 100% thank you on this part. :thumbup:

Addition - in the latest versions (5.x.x) this is V, F6 is now a debug menu. There is also a config file where you can define custom key, it should be also available in the GUI. You also need permissions to use it, not all games provide it by default. The command for permission is /grantme all

prematurely released game results in forever garbage and a delayed game stays forever good

There are many examples of delayed games that were bad after release - Cube World, Blockscape, 7DtD and so on. There are also many examples of games that were released fast and they became legends, like Minecraft itself (only a week between dev start and first public demo)

They however constantly show signs of being fearful and afraid, or simply refuse all together to then have their games die off into nothingness.

There is a huge difference between company with almost infinity budget and with two-dev indie studio with one game. When you are a company you can afford fails, when you are indie - not. Companies like Bethesda can make 3-4 "Starfield-like" games at once and stay fine, while any mistake for indie dev will result with game death. Look what happened to Stellar Overload - wrong decisions just finished with bankrupt company. Red and the team just can't allow themselves to make mistakes in development, or at least not major mistakes

• Addition - in the latest versions (5.x.x) this is V, F6 is now a debug menu. There is also a config file where you can define custom key, it should be also available in the GUI. You also need permissions to use it, not all games provide it by default. The command for permission is /grantme all

Noted.

There are many examples of delayed games that were bad after release - Cube World, Blockscape, 7DtD and so on. There are also many examples of games that were released fast and they became legends, like Minecraft itself (only a week between dev start and first public demo)

I'll let you have this. Going to add a few bits to this.

Prior to me joining Rising World and Blockscape I was debating (comparing the two) which one would allow me to have NPC companions over the other. Rising World's initial appearance (Java) was intimidating. I was afraid to be here, yet eventually wiggled my way in here. Got yelled at by Red51 for accidentally making 2 manhole cover reports. I eventually playtested Blockscape fiding it neat, if obviously lacking.

1) For Cube World the assumption is the developer desired to hastily tie up some loose ends. That's my assumption, and mine only.

2) Blockscape was "decent" when I last tried it, the developer however chickened out. They became far too scared of their Steam forums community they kept themselves holed up. A few Rising World members on the Steam forum side went over to try and comfort the developer, even telling them it's perfectly fine to post on their Steam forum. Every update (at the time) was posted via Twitter, and only on Twitter. I'm hoping and praying Red51 doesn't make the same mistakes as the Blockscape developer when it comes to fear and intimidation. I hope he implements features naturally, or even via mod.io, and other avenues.

3) 7 Days 2 Die is anti-player & anti-base making. You're not allowed to make bases to defend yourself. I agree, this game is trash once the 7th day appears and and goes on to be even more corrupted and moronic. The initial idea is great, the execution and anti-player updates upon updates ruins everything. I agree with the tip to turn off the 7 day hoards to simply play with survival attrition on its own.

As for any other games having been delayed more or less helped, though sadly not with recent Pokemon games. They sadly fell victim to political corruption, as seen with Violet and Scarlet. Japanese players were LIVID.

Yeah, I'll let you have this one.

There is a huge difference between company with almost infinity budget and with two-dev indie studio with one game. When you are a company you can afford fails, when you are indie - not. Companies like Bethesda can make 3-4 "Starfield-like" games at once and stay fine, while any mistake for indie dev will result with game death. Look what happened to Stellar Overload - wrong decisions just finished with bankrupt company. Red and the team just can't allow themselves to make mistakes in development, or at least not major mistakes

Indie games thrive on being unique and "breaking the mold". They even thrive on being actually genuinely playable, feature-rich, and with their own fun gimmicks. Sure, they aren't perfect but at least they are supported for whatever features they implement. Scanner Sombre is one of them having added a tacked on VR Mode, yet people LOVE it.

Subnautica developers made a whiny and idiotic excuse (or excuses; plural) how they can't add in co-op mode (even though they initially desired it), or cowardly chickened out on co-op mode. Players desire both yet the developers became giant cowards by throwing their consumers under the bus. Find someone who knows how to work with VR mode then, and with co-op. Hire modders who'll do it for you. Modders would be more than happy to help out. They would be proud and glad.

If there is a will, there is always a way.

I genuinely understand funding and support though. I get it, you only have so much fund to allocate to various areas, but making excuses as to why something can't be done (even through an essay, or a novel) just doesn't work. I genuinely admire (or maybe admired) how Japanese indie game developers simply added features just because they could, and when they couldn't they openly said it. None of this round-about around the bush manner.

If it's fun, and if it's balanced, it'll find its way into a game.

AAA games make trashy games (able to afford it) and then people simply play indie games. Granted, there are those who are also lazy playing mainstream games because they intentionally lowered themselves down to that standard.

Yeah, indie developers do win when they make certain proper mistakes though.

• I'm already losing tabs so I'm only posting these because relevant to the thread, etc. Sorry if people consider this spam, it's however now noted as relevant thanks to the things discussed in previous postings.

- Something about a "toxic community", though Reddit itself leans toxic Liberal so it could mean anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minet…nts/zt9mjf/bad_community/

Reddit is a cesspool of filth so it means nothing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minet…sion_of_dragonfireclient/

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14556

Yeah, to me these are genuinely Non-issues.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-y…rt-developer-on-your-team

*shrugs*. Has some wise words that people are human, and they have their quirks. People need to learn how to deal with them instead of villainizing everything.

Appeal to their pride. :saint:

If you know how to do so properly then appeal to it so you can have them be productive. All people want is validation (people are social creatures) so people need to learn how to validate others and themselves instead of clown-awarding on Steam, etc. Or scaring developers off of Steam Forums (Blockscape Steam forums) to which they solely update on Twitter/X, and other social media platforms, etc. Just be nice and maybe poke respectfully on people's pride. :saint:

I guess every place has its fair share of nonsense and stupidity so no place is perfect. Every place is a mix-mash of quirks and weirdness making even the alleged "best community" a figment of one's imagination. Lipstick on a pig, as the saying goes.

-----------

The Best Minecraft Feature that Was Removed From the Game (Indev version):

Various floating islands, Isometric map making (in engine), and some other neat little charms.

This would be awesome for Rising World, even in a proposed basic manner. Having a floating island realm (a fantasy biome) would be glorious. Red51 desired it, this would be a good way to do it. A fantasy floating island. :nerd:

---

MineTest - Wool:

MineTest does the modded, and maybe Rising World way of getting "wool" via Cotton plants! Nice! I prefer plant based ways of obtaining cotton.

I didn't have time for anything lately, though may play more MineTest when I feel too stressed out for anything else. I"ve been on edge lately so I'll see about relaxing to more fun MineTest amusements, and that is genuinely all I care about. I wonder what else is hiding in the vanilla side of things. It may not be a game (MineTest), I will however treat it as such.

I have to do something while waiting for two indie games to update, one being Rising World, and another being Roshutsu, a R18 game. Indie games are fun. :nerd:.

I genuinely didn't want to post, it however turned out that way with things popping up in my feed this way needing to be shared to those who are curious. I'll try to be more "hush-hush" now. Can't promise anything, but I'll try. *shrugs*.

• Yeah, and this explains why people in the Rising World community also voiced their dissatisfaction with Minecraft. It's not Minecraft anymore, it's an RPG game, and not a sandbox as people have known it.

I already said it, but people also agree that games need more "for fun" features instead of "realism". Granted, Rising World does have realism, but it also has goofy masks, Purple Milka cows, and a rubber duckie for the whole fun of it. Red51 needs to keep this up, or else he'll even lose Rising World in a similar fashion to how Mojang is losing Minecraft.

The video author noted how nobody asked for cherry blossoms. I had, since 2013, as promised by developers back then. It was promised for 1.8 update - The Update That Changed The World. I was pained not having that update.||

dyoloh 1 day ago

I think a big problem withe updates is that mojang is prioritizing realism so fun ideas are not considered or features are scraped because of it and for some reasone everthing needs to have a niche use That most people aren’t gonna use

Yeah, it's like the whole Creeper situation all over again. If it was suggested now nobody would desire them. I mean, look at what people had done to me on Steam Forums when I requested 'Mounted Moose', even if Asian games (Nier Automata) added them in by having to do a trick. People are too concerned over fake realism they can't even have fun anymore. They resort to trolling, and Mojang even resorts to now ignoring anything similar to Creepers.

@LazerDisk

22 hours ago

Great video, but you were SO close to what I personally feel is wrong with the game rn lol. For me, it’s not that the game had nothing but intrinsic motivators, it’s more like there were very simple basic extrinsic motivators that push players to creatively solve their problems. Building homes, mining, making safe ways to move around, all of it starts as something you need to do, but eventually becomes something you want to do for fun, and even start to get super creative with. It pushed you to engage with the gameplay loop until you were immersed in it and dong it because you wanted to. Now, the gameplay loop has deteriorated as there’s really no need to do anything the game has at all while still being able to build these mega builds, and what’s really the purpose of survival at that point when creative mode is essentially the same thing besides the copy pasted from YouTube resource farms, the strip mining, and the trading halls?

People lost their creative edge. The game now plays itself to the point players don't feel motivated to build anything on their end. Granted, I've also personally conversed with people who are simply creatively bankrupt they rather play a boring linear game over a creative game. Players had to indeed solve their housing issues, their resource issues, and even make supply lanes. I've done this, people hated me in the RW community for building roads, yet it had to be done.

"BUT I DON"T WANT TO BUILD ROADS!"

THEN BUGGER OFF! I'll do what I want and I'll build roads to safely and correctly move my resources around. It's the smart thing to do!

I digress. I agree, old Minecraft pushed you out of your comfort zone to build in your own style, not in fake styles. People sadly play in Peaceful mode being unable to build in a neat "supply and demand" manner missing a meat of the game (battle of attrition gameplay), something both Minecraft & Rising World heavily rely on as a game. Nothing wrong with Peaceful, though people miss out on the core of a gameplay then complain a game is empty.

Survival mode is where the fun and creativity is at. It's what keeps your brain healthy by making you constantly guage what to do next. It's like a strategy game keeping your mind healthily wired while prioritizing your situations, hostile and structure projects.

@maksymiliandabrowski

1 day ago

it's also worth mentioning that minecraft nowadays is soooo poorly optimizied. you used to be able to run it on a potato, now you need a decent pc to enjoy it fully.

That's where MineTest comes in, even if it's a branched off side-experiment going off in an "what-if non-corporation" pathway. Sadly, even Rising World is a bloated game (in terms of software, not gameplay), something you need to keep the Steam Deck tethered to even play Rising World on the go, or risk the device to power off.

@eduardocarranza4333

8 hours ago

Ok I'm gonna be real, games that listen to feedback are way too enjoyable because this applies to youtubers and etc, but Minecraft just forgot what it actually was.

I agree, Minecraft genuinely forgot what it was, hence why I also made this thread sharing videos noting this. Minecraft genuinely has lost its identity.

It used to be a sandboxy blocky game, now it's trying to be everything, and the RPG Kitchen sink included into the mix. Dont' get me wrong, I genuinely enjoy Cherry Blossoms, and other fun features, it however lost that appeal to me. It feels like a poorly made AAA game pretending to be an indie game, not an indie game at all.

Minecraft was supposed to be a place you told YOUR story, not Minecraft's story. It's your canvas, yet they're injecting their perspective over your own. You don't matter.

@DrUnfunny

16 hours ago

One thing I have a gripe with is how Minecraft just feels..bloated. I like new content don't get me wrong but after the nether update ( in my opinion) updates felt bloated, uninspired, loaded with filler, removed features people wanted, and made for s pay check, not with passion. I'd even argue that last point has been a constant issue for all updates since the Microsoft acquisition.

I agree. Minecraft simply feels aimless and lost. It doesn't even do the whole "for fun" feature, though it does add random features for the sake of it. It's not even balanced. It may be somewhat worthwhile, though not what it could be.

The problem comes down to corporate bloating, forum users punishing genuine POVs (internal sabotage), and simply missing the whole plot of the game. Rising World also seem to suffer this ailment in regards to my various suggesting (mainly mounted Moose & automated instruments) to which people simply forget about the whole "For fun, yet balanced" elements.

Or when I request Canadians in WW2 naval games, also viewing games like Silent Hunter 3 and IL-2 Sturmovik having Canadians, Slovak, and other "minor nations" simply because they were present. People forgot how to have fun, let alone how to make things accessible. Then you wonder why Asian games (previously from Traditional European avenues) are superior, yet still sabotaged by the overly prudish and monotoned-minded Reddit twats.

@diagojonathan

2 hours ago

1.7.3 was the peak of Minecraft all the updates after that were lacking especially the aquatic and the nether's

The major update which holds nostalgic vibes to me was 1.7.2, formally 1.8, or so I recall. The updates went through 1.8 twice, this one adding new biomes, mineshafts, jungles, more trees, and was supposed to have Cherry Blossoms in that update, not in the later update (1.20 Java & Bedrock version). It was initially teased to release from 2013, only added a decade later. That's painful, and it hurts. I would have lined my Arcticu City with it.

https://minecraft.fandom.com/w…te_that_Changed_the_World

(1.7.2, formally known as 1.8 to me, as teased by Notch.)

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe Rising World will allow me to play with Cherry Blossoms?

Maybe 1.7.3 was indeed the final best update for Minecraft before everything simply died off, with special thanks to MIcrosoft's idiocy.

https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Cherry

Once Notch was aliented, bullied, and treated like a villain that's when Minecraft died for me. I tried getting back to it, just wasn't the same. I admired the new changes, and the foxes, it however wasn't done properly. Even other people constantly lost interest. I lost interest, with help from other people.

Just no fun allowed. Screw our fun........

@kinggalactix391

5 hours ago (edited)

I think another reason why Minecraft isn't as fun as before is because of how extremely compact everything is, both in gameplay progression and in structure generations.

In older versions, everything felt rare and it wasn't common to find a village, nether fortress, or a stronghold. You have to create your base or even a large kindgom for yourself in the older versions. You could choose to be a nomad or a master of the world. Everything had value, and because everything was rare and pretty sparse, you could explore and find beautiful places with interesting loot.
    Nowadays, that isn't really common. If you travel a few hundred blocks or a thousand, you can probably find a village next to a village next to another village. Same goes for shipwrecks, monuments, and more locations.

As noted previously, everything was done by YOUR hands. You, yourself. You decorated the stage. Even with mods, such as the Mining turtle, extra biomes, Traincraft, etc, everything was still neutral to you. Millenaire mod even kept the game neutral and non-invasive.

Are you a nomad, or a settler?

Everything is indeed far too common.

-----------

I'm done. :monocle:

• Why Is Minecraft So Depressing?

Why is it depressing? Why is Rising World the same way in singleplayer mode?

("But! But! You need join multiplayer mode! You're missing the whole point here.")

What made Minecraft great was its negative point. A double-edged sword, if you will. The selling point of open worlds is how you're initially alone, eventually gaining companionship as time goes on, or at least via tamed pets. As noted in the video, even echoing my exact thoughts, Minecraft is depressing because we're the only ones there. We're alone. Even with pets we're still depressingly alone, nobody to talk to, share our builds, etc. We randomly spawn in the world, spurred on by the first few days of survival before everything starts to settle down. We're rushing to stay safe from mobs, build farms, etc, all prior to eventually feeling the full effects of "loneliness".

It's the "settling down" part which gets people thinking "I wish I had someone to play with" which starts kicking in. People wish and desire to play the game with someone (even if it's NPC companions) to join them in this world.

Various folks made varying levels of NPC companions mobs, the highlight even being the 'LittleMaidsMod'.

You at least had little helpers helping you out, even interacting with. Having humanoids to properly interact with at least spurred you on further as you pampered them. At least you had someone to care for. Sure, maybe they won't acknowledge your creations and builds, but at least they distracted you enough with cute happy thoughts for long enough.

Then there is Millenaire mod, something to which you could gravitate towards. The more you would help them out, the more they helped you out in return.

It helps make things "less lonely", though it does distract long enough you have something to earn, work for, and connect with. You gain attachment to both LittleMaidsMod, and even to the settlers in Millenaire mod. You sadly can't show off your builds to them, though they'll proudly show theirs to you. The more you aid those in Millenaire the more you'll be appreciated by those there, even if it's scripted.

Because Rising World competes with Minecraft on a sandbox openworld nature it has the same flaws and concerns to worry about as Minecraft.

How to solve this?

1 - Friends need to be more friendly.

2 - NPCs need to evolve to be more aware of their surroundings (View 'Dragon Quest Builder 1' & '2'.). Being able to acknowledge both you and their surroundings would help vastly in the immersion.

3 - Artifical Girl, Artifical Academy, & any "self-awareness" games with NPCs able to tell what they're looking at, even if staged by scripting & prompts.

4 - Add in proper humanoid NPC Entities

Bonus:

1 - Allow NPCs to use imported models, as done via Tower Unite & VRChat SDK.

2 - The said NPCs need to function in the world they're apart of (view "how to solve this, Part 2", above).

3 - Would help if NPCs could read pre-determined prompts on signs, body gestures, etc to know what's going on around them (basic conversation & communication).

4 - Saving, hiring, or befriending an NPC fully should give you their full attention. They should eventually be personalized to your own playstyle with enough trust and etc (or overwritten by external imported models).

5 - Ignoring NPC companions, simply have Millenaire-styled settlements sparsely dotted in the world. Not obnoxiously, though still fairly rare giving proper rest, refuge, and desired social interaction to a wary traveler. A home away from home.

Still lonely, yet less lonely. At least you have SOME mental distractions to keep you deflected long enough to simply care for NPCs instead of longing for external companionship. Maybe the weight of an empty world shall be so vast to the point even an NPC's presence will eventually be outweighed by the crushing deep loneliness of seeking social interaction.

Similar to what I was thinking (even being a natural social outcast; Introvert) I already knew people enjoyed being in fake "social-cliques" preventing others from being in their social circles. Rising World has this, as does every community and social circle. People are still social, yet people still have that desire to share and converse with folks. Even sharing their builds in public spaces. Without social interactions we die as individuals, even resenting the world which falsely denies us the basics; Basic social interaction over fake nonsense and artificial barriers.

I've felt this loneliness when I hosted a Java-Rising World Christmas celebration in my world. In the spawn city I spent a decent amount of time making gift boxes, placed them in my park's tree decoration, even noting to people we would be celebrating Crhistmas. All but 1 person decided to join leaving my Rising World Java world lonely and empty. People ghosted me. What's the point if people are going to be 'MIA'. Might as well allow me to befriend my own NPC Companions, those of whom I can eventually mold into my own style, doing things I need them to do. Saving them from pirates to befriend them, have them enter combat (general fighting), farm, cut trees, building structures via blue-prints, admiring my builds, etc. Just having a wind-down moment in a cafeteria with them even sitting in the chair of their own accord. That would be glorious. Beats playing in a ghost-like server, especially those which die from lack of interest.

- Is Minecraft Depressing For Someone Else?
    (I made a fancy build, nobody to admire it.)

What's the point of making something (in singleplayer) if nobody is going to view it? Even multiplayer, prone to ghosting and lack-of-participation? Both Minecraft & Rising World are the same, and especially with social-clique alienation, solo-playing, etc. No NPCs to even admire your builds , no NPCs to admire your food or creations, no random banter, etc. It's (both Minecraft & Rising World) a lonely, depressing world. There are no entities to interact or feedback with. It's just you, the pets (in Minecraft), or other NPCs/Animals in Rising World. Nothing is intelligent enough in these sandbox games in the manner of Starbound, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Quest Builder 1 & 2, or Skyrim. Granted, they're different genres of games, though the point stands on their follower-Companion side of things.

We need "SOME" social interaction to stay healthy, motivated, and to keep pushing ourselves. If you still think - "but join a multiplayer server" - then you're still missing the point. You even missed the point even servers can be ghost realms. Still lonely, scary, and spooky. Think about it, especially on a real-world manner. You're asking someone to reject reality to simply talk to people on the moon (or let's say a next country over), not in their personal vicinity.

People are social creatures. They need some social interaction, even if it's a fake one in video games. Pets do help, humanoid NPC companions would help even further.

I'm sorry for how much I pestered Red51 to add them into Rising World, I however request this especially thanks to the void Minecraft initially created. I'm mentioning this because the video popped up on my feed, even echoing my already-noted sentiments. We 100% NEED NPC Companions in both Minecraft AND Rising World. We need social interaction, something to which Red51 unknowingly noted via settlements, factions, and hiring of NPCs. We, sadly, however need more personal additions to stick with a person's side through-and-through. Something deeper, similar to Skyrim's 'Followers', and Dragon Dogma's 'Pawns'. It's not perfect, though it is a solution.

• Saw another video recommended to me, thought I'd share.

The Downfall of Minecraft & Mojang... has begun?

The title may be click-baity, it however isn't wrong. Minecraft can't fix Bedrock edition, even if people prefer Java over bedrock. Everybody proper prefers Java version over Bedrock Mojang. Mojang seems to half-care, yet sadly Microsoft is the one who cares even less than even the half-caring Mojang. It's horrible.

Minecraft Dev edition allegedly added Fireflies, was leaked, and added it fully to then gaslight the community.

"Concept art isn't commitment."

(Most hated video of Mojang.)

Rising World shall always be my most preferred game, with MineTest now coming in second. I'm having fun rebuilding in Minetest, and even testing out various add-ons of farms, trains, etc, all in survival mode. I love how peaceful and awesome it is to play MineTest on my Steam Deck, something I wish I could do naturally with Rising World. Rising World is sadly still "bloated". My friend played Rising World on his Steam Deck enjoying what he saw, yet sadly being forced to relog into my session every 20 minutes, or so, from chunk loading errors, etc. I can also see why MineTest has Butterflies and fireflies now all thanks to that video. Rising World and MineTest are both awesome.

Everything needs to go back to the basics.

• The building system of Rising World is so good. It is also much better than Enshrouded.

Some options are a bit too extended, I like the options of the Java versions more and this leads to the feel of a editor instead of a building game, but it works as expected and this counts.

• The building system of Rising World is so good. It is also much better than Enshrouded.

Some options are a bit too extended, I like the options of the Java versions more and this leads to the feel of a editor instead of a building game, but it works as expected and this counts.

The building system in Rising World is the best out of everything I've tried. Well, maybe Feed The Beast Modpacks have a decent building, something RIsing World takes full advantage of. I never tried Enshrouded, though every other game bores me now when having experienced both Medieval Engineers, and now fully with Rising World.

Yeah, everything works better in Rising World now. Each update is making Rising World that much better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!