all blocks should spin anyway

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • i think if you can make it that we can spin every block anyway, as some times you need the block upside down, and sometimes you want the pattern to go the other way like timber plank blocks ect ect

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I love the half bocks and understand that blocks are limited to one block per single cube space. However it would be great if we could do as yahgiggle suggest and spin or flip the blocks.
    I'm particularly thinking of the new half block which can only be placed in the bottom of the full cube it would be so much better if it could by rotated so it was in the upper half of the full cube, so it might be used in a ceiling or whatever.

• I love the half bocks and understand that blocks are limited to one block per single cube space. However it would be great if we could do as yahgiggle suggest and spin or flip the blocks.
    I'm particularly thinking of the new half block which can only be placed in the bottom of the full cube it would be so much better if it could by rotated so it was in the upper half of the full cube, so it might be used in a ceiling or whatever.

mmmm they do have that block and you use your arrow keys the move it up or down my idea is more about how some blocks cannot spin or anything the way i see it is if one block can then all blocks can also it would be good to spin the texture as say you want to lay a roof and the iron is running side ways this looks very bad so spinning the texture would solve this problem

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • But rotating blocks won't solve all texture orientation issues ;) Especially when building a roof, you will most likely use ramps. Even though you can rotate them, you have no influence on the texture =O

• But rotating blocks won't solve all texture orientation issues ;) Especially when building a roof, you will most likely use ramps. Even though you can rotate them, you have no influence on the texture =O

that's why i said spin the texture as this would help us when the texture is not running the way we want it

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I think the way it is it is fine. The reason is, we have a 2x2 tiled 256px texture for construction blocks, the way it is now the texture gets applied planar for x,y,z axes. If you save the rotating of every tile of the texture you get an storage overhead which is unnecessary, i believe such rotating would have no improvements. You will always have seems at texture or stretching, you can just try to make the best out of it. If you want a texture to be perfect seamleas you have to make the tiling smaller for instance 8x8 tiled 256px textures which results in the lose of detail.

• This is the way voxels work as they are squares (or deformed squares ) you will need special blocks with curved textures to make a curved roads or sidewalks. That is just how it works . All the engine sees is a square with a texture on it .

• This is the way voxels work as they are squares (or deformed squares ) you will need special blocks with curved textures to make a curved roads or sidewalks. That is just how it works . All the engine sees is a square with a texture on it .

Yeah and i still don't understand whats the problem with it.....

• Yeah and i still don't understand whats the problem with it.....

same here why wont this square fit into place i too get this happen and for the lines running sideways on a iron roof just looks bad if we cant spin them why not add another block type with the same shape and texture but running another way

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!