Biome studying

• Could there be the option to have a field kit (Biomology Kit?), which allows players/characters to go out and study the soil, water, vegetation etc of any biome, to uncover more information about them?
    It would really immerse players in the biomes. Then, you don't just have the surface value of the world, but you can get really deep into the undergrowth, and take samples for special research back home.
    There could be some kind of lab to place at home, which takes so many days to process the samples.
    The uses of the results could be Ore/Coal presence, edible/poisonous plants, drinkable water.
    It could be an interesting way to find resources, rather than the usual straight forward mining process found in most survival games. Rising World definately deserves some unique features like this in my opinion.

• I would love such a thing. But I doubt it will be done since most people would have no interest and it would take a lot of effort to add all this. But we can hope I suppose.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• i don't know about most people not having interest in this idea i mean i would be keen to see this added also and i think most people would love this idea :-)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • You could be right. But nearly a week this thread has existed and only us two have responded haha. Anyways, IMO this idea would add a lot of immersion and reasons for more content to exist in the game. And I like games where you can have a journal which acts like a field guild kind of encyclopedia. As you learn about stuff, new entries are added. Would give us more reasons to explore etc.. The more I think about it.. the more I want it so.. moving on now haha

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• if they add this idea to the game it will give you more options and the more options the more people, i loved the settlers games and i feel this could bring some of the aspects of that sort of game to this one. needed iron gold ore and having the skills to test dirt for areas that may contain this sounds awesome as long as there is a point to it like needed type of ore to be able to make a type of sward or when cars come if they do we could look for oil to make fuel to run them hahaha if money was added also we could buy that fuel from users who make it to run our cars hahaha now i am dreaming ;-P

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • This sounds loosely like "Industrial Craft (2)" for Minecraft with how you could build gadgets that would estimate how many ores were in the area. With that, you would then focus on whatever gave you the biggest yeild through the number you were given. If Red keeps to what the main post mentioned then we could use it to its maximum feature worth when hunting down for needed resources. This would have to pair up well with the item variety and with what kind of resources you want to hunt down to work out.

As for popularity? Like I said, it depends on how you pair it up with resources. You could use it to hunt for resources, dungeon hunting, and to possibly even show how much you polluted an area when farming. Seeing as how environmental diseases are considered (Red on steam mentioning environmental effects on people) this should pop its way to the front. You could make sure that you're in a safe-zone also.

And yes, I would love this. I can of course wait for when such feature is added in whatever part of the timeline.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!