Possible computer object use.

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • just a thought for the computer object.

If you like an object in the world, such as a graveyard fence, you could take a sample from it, and take it back to the computer, which could have an add on called the physical materializer. this add on object allows you to scan samples of objects into the computer, and the object they were taken from are materialized. Then, you simply take them and use them as a normal object.
    The computer in itself could have hundreds of different add on objects, which do different and interesting things, but you're limited to ten per computer or something. haa!

What do folks think?

• Makes me think of Minecraft's Redpower modpack...Redpower, computercraft, and etc with the robotic squared little 'Turtles' and similar. This is the modern way to change or create varieties of existing blocks eh? That would be an interesting 'high-tech' way of doing such in a form of 3D printing. I'd approve of this as another form of collection + the mobs entries in the game's own glossary that you can piece together. Adding this ontop of that would be awesome for those ACNL players.

Adding add-ons would be interesting, if you can list at least 20 different types for a general vibe of things :)

• just a thought for the computer object.

If you like an object in the world, such as a graveyard fence, you could take a sample from it, and take it back to the computer, which could have an add on called the physical materializer. this add on object allows you to scan samples of objects into the computer, and the object they were taken from are materialized. Then, you simply take them and use them as a normal object.
    The computer in itself could have hundreds of different add on objects, which do different and interesting things, but you're limited to ten per computer or something. haa!

What do folks think?

this sounds a little silly and i don't get why we need a materializer computer when all you need to do is make more item in the first place with the tables or you could just use world edit.

i would be more interested in water or even more block types before they even look at silly ideas like this lol lets come up with ideas that fit what the game is about. ( materializer computer lol too funny )

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I was thinking about rare objects which appear in the world, which you cannot craft in your workshop. They appear in certain areas in the world. I find it quite exciting in the way which as you explore more and more, these rare areas pop up, and you can explore them in great detail with a small tool, a bit like ferensics, to take ,say, metal shavings from a fence, or brick particles from a wall. then the physical materializer reconstructs them to their original state. That way, you're not hacking the hell out of really interesting ruins and biomes. (unless you want to of course ha!)

Obviously this is intended for very late stages in the game, and for the modern-style era, where technology will be pretty plentiful.

• Just a list of odd add-ons, which i think would add some options for players to (mostly) have fun with. haa!

1- Id Plotter- This object will identify debris from mining and exploring, such as metal or wood particles, and give information about the civilization who handled the material. This will allow players to collect pages of lore and research the different settlements and even individuals dotted around the generated world. It could even reconstruct the material into a collectable object, such as a dagger or pot for display.

2- Bacterial Scanner - the player holds onto this object much like a mobile phone, and it scans their entire body for infections, and gives information about what they have and how to gain the remedy, complete with ingredients needed.

3- TechnoSketch - the player freely draws out plans for objects, tools, clothing etc, and prints them out. The plans can them be scanned through the physical materializer, to make them into real objects.

4- Linguistic Translator - this object will translate any page of strange text, or an audio item into a chosen language. There could be hundreds of pages and cds strewn across the world, and some could even lead to mysteries for the player to uncover.

5- Bio-Matter Combiner - this mixes up different living items, to create something new. For example, you could combine a carrot sapling with a maple sapling, and create a carrot tree.

6- Test-Subject vault - This object will create creatures from anything living, such as raw meat or saplings. there could also be cage objects to display your mad scientist's creations.

7 - Automated Tasker - This could be the brain which commands certain other robots. they could be capable of undertaking various tasks, such as farming, building etc. The tasker could be interacted with, and programmed to command the smaller robots to perform these tasks. This would be cheaper on your resources that human allies, with the cost of interaction. balancing out the costs.

• So 3D printing basically. Sure, I wouldn't mind it on a computer object as add-ons. Being able to 3D print items using similar materials to pop out ones from ruins. Preserving dungeons and ruins is what I loved doing in Minecraft, and would love to do so here also. I'd love to do so here because it's in my nature to have 'touristy' zones. I'd love to scan & print out materials that we would find rare that could be used in a semi-lesser form.

What I enjoyed the most in Minecraft was also coming across abandoned modded structures with broken computers and stuff. It made the world feel lived in, lively, but abandoned. You think - "Damn! So I'm basically stepping on where the abandoned people were" - in that game. Would be interesting to come across unique add-ons from ruins to add onto that, at rare times.

Interesting add-ons also. The one I would love to have the most would be #3 & #4 in the add-ons because it's a nice collectors tool. Great for creating museums.

• @ ArcticuKitsu - Many thanks for your comments Friend, i thought that the robot idea was quite weak really, but added it anyroad for folks to add upon. haa!

• ok well if your going to post ideas expect some users to not like them don't get upset its just our opinion ;-D so with all the items here in your list i think they are as silly as the materializer computer i mean come on a Automated Tasker - This could be the brain which commands certain other robots, Bio-Matter Combiner - this mixes up different living items lol just sounds so silly to me

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @yahgiggle - Everyone's opinion is valid Friend, i was not upset at all. I do not expect everyone to like my ideas. Haa!
    These were mere suggestions Friend. to be honest there were a few which i thought, "aah! i don't knooowww." but i though i'd see what you folks think. You've done that, and i thank you for your opinion Friend. Let's see what Red and the guys come up with shall we. haaa!

• Where computers are, should be a "wireless network" too. So players could than send "emails" to offline players, or for a price in diamonds you could buy something you need from online store, like some more advanced blocks...

• (Mindset of this post being separate of the above while loosing connecting to the above main posting.)

I love the idea of using computers to in-game email players. No ISP should be needed, just power & the ability to wirelessly send players long-winded messages, this forum style.

Computer Use:

• E-Mail: Sending players email in both off-line & online state for them to read at their whim. Could also send poster-sized images to simplify museum oriented builds.
    • Fossil Scanning: Scanninn fossils that you can 'randomly' dig up while identifying, archiving, and then putting the fossils together. This is along the lines of Minecraft's Jurassicraft mod (which I haven't played, only watched) to add some end-game flavour & variety. To also add decoration into homes & use to computers.
    • Media Use: To stream music from your computer in a way similar to Second Life's music streaming, Euro Truck Simulator 2's radio selection, Grand Thet auto 3-5 audio streaming, & Minecraft's jukebox. Should also be able to store images & posters in there.
    • Mini-games: Only if Red desires, we should be able to play games similar to Tetris. This being inspired by Minecraft's Computercraft mod with how you can program stuff. Could also give the players the ability to make gaming arcades & computer cafes by allowing them to code in a similar fashion to computercraft. The higher experienced can share their knowledge to the lesser experienced to add onto the fun.
    • Google Maps: Using a digital GPS tablet to sync up to the computer to view your explored world in that computer. Server stores the map so you can take a peak as to what you explored, updated, to then plot further in the late modern age of the game. [Minecraft had a Google Maps mod that auto-updated every 5 or so minutes, even live, to show where everybody was. It makes for easy travel when you know where you are, especially with the occassional 5 minute updates.]
    • Youtube: You should be able to connect & stream from YouTube to view videos from there. Similar to Second Life with it actually being a dual-function with the TV for viewing.
    • Archive: An archive along the lines of the journal & blueprint, just more on Animal Crossing: New Leaf & Pokemon's Pokedex of the type of materials you collected, mobs you encountered, and etc. You could also view your blueprints here to see them in more detail while also linking it up to Steam's workshop from within the game. I'm imagining this being more along the typical Japanese games with how they have a 'museum' type option to view what you unlocked.

That should be something to look forward to when given the computer option. I'm sure I'm repeating myself, just that it seems appropriate when bringing up this thread again. Something more along the lines of what Red51 believes should be 'practical'.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!