So how are the biomes coming along ? Any hints ?

• I was Just wondering how the biomes were coming along . Can we expect Rising Mountains with snow ? Vast Plains, Deserts, Artic regions, ? Hilly areas with snow. What Kinds of biomes are you working on ?

• I believe Red and the folks are working on; Desert, Savannah, Tiaga and polar biomes. I hope this helps Friend, and i'm sure Red will correct me if i'm mistaken. haa!

• I believe Red and the folks are working on; Desert, Savannah, Tiaga and polar biomes. I hope this helps Friend, and i'm sure Red will correct me if i'm mistaken. haa!

I am eagerly awaiting them, As good as the endless forest and mountains look it does get tiring not to see a change of scenery , Since the world is endless it will be interesting to see if the polar ones are north or just mixed in , since this is not a "round" world it should not matter. Also the transition zones will be interesting , I am sure he will add Swamp, Lakes , wetlands and others soon enough when water is ready.

• Making me overly curious which types of biomes we're getting as basics. Guess I'll take Ozzy's word for it with a grain of salt.

- Desert - Savannah - Taiga - Tundra - Swamp -

Something like that, eh? I hope they take quite a bit of time to travel through one. The desert biome is an interesting one because Google images shows it can go 4 different ways or more, especially with Rising World's freedom & potential. This one is so vague that you can get soft sand + tropical trees, dry cracked soil with void, the vast hilly soft sand, and the light USA Vegetation type. That's an extra few biomes with the 3-4 of the other ones. Will Red go that far? I guess it might be something as simple as a typical soft sandy biome that's also in 'SkySaga'.

Taiga is also a fun one because a river is supposed to go through overly dense forest with the occasional empty patches in my lovely Canadian side of things :thumbup: . Would love to canoe through that in this game. Same with the tundra version of it in both forested & cleared with Skyrim type scenery. Making me curious on the vanilla side of Rising World of what to expect for them.

I guess I should wait it out for suspense and surprise. Making me overly curious to see if Red is going for quality basics or going that extra mile from January when dealing with biomes. Biomes need more care, thus me being curious. I can't wait for autumn when I can finally try for a new damn computer + this game.

• I think it's really awesome that the Tiaga biome is on it's way already. I've been looking forward to this one ever since i first heard that biomes were going to be implemented. haa!
    I recently had the idea of claiming some land on one side of the Taiga biome with all of my personal chests and junk, and a working town, with a farm, workbuilding etc, so i actually have to travel the perilous trail (which will be raked or such by myself) through this awesome place to get to a source of food, and smelters etc. haa! I'd do it for blocks too. i'd have the blockbench in the workers' town, so that i have to haul stone into town through the snow, to craft it into the blocks for my house. haa! It just sounds like a really intense push for survival mode. haa! It seems to add a bit of realism too. I can't wait to (die a horrible death in the snow).....errrrr i mean try it..... haa!

• If it's what I'm seeing in these images, and with static water, then that should be glorious. I'm not expecting it to be like - this - right away, just that it would be awesome if it was. Nice rivers and small lakes to mess with to then allow fishing months later heh. That Taiga biome shall be awesome if it's close to that image in any way. Just having a nice Canadian cabin to call home while away from both physical & digital cities heh. You and hostile nature.

That sounds like what I did with Arcticu City & Kyuukon 'village' (I said 'Kitsu'; that's my starter town. I meant Kyuukon). I had all my main stuff in Arcticu City while 'Kyuukon' behaved more like a mining, farming town, & a traveler's stop town. I'd shuttle goods from this mining, farming, and traveling town to bring goods to Arcticu City because I had all this land to play with. Land is precious in Arcticu City when buildin grand. Linking it up with trains, cars, trucks, and maybe even helicopters (cargo) & planes (Twin Otter) would be swell. If I can get a small airport that be swell heh.

I love your idea that you would travel between biomes in that tedious manner. I kept doing that while others were yawning & panting in Minecraft. I would happily build hiking trails, cycling paths, and all sorts of stuff in the way you mentioned from one wild biome part to the next. That similar vibe to 'carrying all your resources from one base to the next' in Minecraft where you risk losing all. Best feeling, even if I found people complaining about it.

Oh! I wish the snow biome had snow that would accumulate if we're getting water physics. If it snows then the snow should build up at random to force us to shovel, snow-plow, and etc. Others would be against it but as a Canadian I think we need to add that 'fun' for the survival aspect. The aspect of getting snowed in while having to keep your trail fresh to keep hunting. Look at all those Alaska shows with how people use their same path throughout the winter to survive. Wild-life choose to venture onto main-roads because it's a 'path of lease resistance'. Not expecting it upon release, just that something that needs to look into. Imagine hauling goods then getting snowed in :whistling:

• It's so exciting isn't it. i'm loving the wait, because for me, it's the most fun part...waiting for something to arrive. Haa!
    What you said about getting snowed in and losing your trail, would be absolutely awesome for me, because i'd love getting out of that situation. It seems to me that a lot of players want an easy road, but i want something where i can go,"bring it on!" haaa! Give me a real challenge! haa!

• The older you get, and the more time you managed to allocate, the more you want out of your games. This is being more true after playing games that secured a strong foothold for others to climb higher, and in greater detail. Rising World placed itself on a high level that I can't help but expect being snowed in now thanks to the feature page, and because Minecraft never included that. It did lightly, just not fully. Modding did it, just that I never gotten around to toying with it.

It's just more fun when you're being pressured and battered to come out victorious on the other end of all what others consider to be "tedious". Eustress! I happily did my resource pilgrimages into new settlement, even surviving mobs that others had to put on peaceful. Bring on the challenge of surviving in the desert & snow!When going into peaceful mode things felt awkward. I guess myself and Ozzy shall find ourselves fighting the snowy digital elements with us digging out of the snow, if that ever becomes a feature :D

Damn straight it's exciting! I do apologies for the spam postings but you can have your silence on Monday onward haha! I can't wait to see & hear the new awesome features. The "thrill of the hunt" or something like that.

[Note: I'm not trying to berate people. Just simply saying that you'll feel more awesome when you steam through what you consider to be 'tedious'. You'll learn ways to become 'better' at it. The fun is in the challenge.]

• @ArticuKitsu- Yeees! Perhaps one day we'll join up and face the unknown side by side. i'd love that! Starting a new world, and just facing whatever the game can throw at us! Sod Creative mode, Sod commands and rubbish like that, just true to rules venturing into the wilds. haa!

• Alright, ya...Had to delete the previous two to simply my post....

1) I'd be happy with wherever the game spawns me. It can be desert, swamp, and etc.
    2) I keep having desert thoughts with WW2 jeep. Basically an Indiana Jones thought.
    3) Check this site out that was shared to me to get your RW daydreaming juices flowing. All those beautiful ripe scenery for RW to replicate. http://aktualne.atlas.sk/obraz…u/showbizz/vystavy/foto/1 - Enjoy!

------------

There are several different biomes, including forests, deserts, rainforests and snowy landscapes. In addition, there are several transition biomes, such as steppes, tundras and savannahs, which form the links between the individual biomes.

Ozzy, this is what we both wanted to say. Not bad, and we were close.
    - Forest: So, basically a taiga without water.
    - desert: Nice on that, yet curious if one or many styles.
    - rainforest: A must, and something to look forward to. Imagine all those nasty bites you'd get.
    - snowy landscapes: Canada! How brutal shall it be? Hopefully snow accumulates.
    - Steppes: So basically central Canada & similar areas.
    - Tundra: Sweet! Canada & Europe's north. Looking forward to this to reenact Canadian & Alaskan survival films and such.
    - Savannahs: These would be sweet in RW manner. Minecraft was nice, yet this should be more awesome in this game. Could be ideal for my Arcticu City heh.
    - Also plans for a 'fantasy biome' that may or may not see light.

Alright! Now happy with my posts. Looking forward to the post-biome biome update to add what I'm seeing of Norway's gorgeous scenery & other places. Even on the mod side of things.

• There maybe biomes added very soon like in a month or two i would say within 3 months we MAY even have water if all goes well, but red would need to confirm this before we get our hopes up ;-)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ya, I've been seeing Red51 posting that he wants to add water in a short time around biomes. Once biomes are added then water shall follow quickly behind that. Maybe within the update itself, if all goes smoothly, or just like the lights with the mining update.......Check his Steam posts and you'll get his meaning. I can't right now so someone has to dig for me XD

Awesome news :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!