Hello, Love this game!

• Well, this 0.7.1.1 update just showed how dangerous this game is. How addicting is with simple features adding a lot, like the scaffolding, canteen, & water bucket. There's so much to do, more so now, thanks to these that nobody should whine that these updates are trivial. Damn....Scaffolding making things so much more fun for both construction & mining. Canteen allowing you to drink on the go with a usage meter (same with bucket), as well as the bucket allowing you to make canals & rivers. The bucket also allowing you to make drinking spots closer in survival mode style, among others. It's awesome.

Night sky is brighter, sharper, and etc. That, and the new grid for placing dirt....

Only complaint is that canteens now need variety (sorry, Red! :P) just to be 'different' & 'personalized' to players. Ignore the variety to canteens though, that's a half-jest & a loose suggestion :saint: . What is actually & genuinely important is that buckets need a leveling option with other water to match the layers around, and to also fill everything under it until it touches a solid sand or man-made block. Basically a way to fill everything under it & to level it to water with that extra option of positioning it layer wise (G Key style) with man-made blocks.

• Oh, once we get the dungeons and the character models (with new clothing and armor) I'm going to lose lots of hours in this game. I'm just waiting for it to happen.

The night sky is certainly an improvement but it needs a long way to go still. The resolution still needs to be increased by several magnitude. I'm an amateur astronomer so this is important to me. There needs to be more variety of brightess and more stars. If you are outside on a pitch black night you'll see an endless number of stars and messier objects and the side of the galaxy (milky way). I think the light pollution in Germany is so bad that I can understand if Red51 has never seen a true dark sky as I have. Its something that is unfortunately rare to see today with the light pollution problems across the world that doesn't seem to be an issue to most.

I kinda envision also a night sky like in ARK where actual individual light sources are rendered, not just a bitmap.

• You & us both. Even the other regulars. It's a serious game only to become gradually more serious a time sink the more updates we obtain. Damn, ya.

Ya, the night sky does is indeed impressive, yet I did desire the appearance of the milky way. I've seen Silent Hunter 3 having a very special and accurate night sky you can make out the little & big dipper in it. Many real-world constellations also. That, and when I was in Europe heading on a bus trip from Slovakia to Croatia & back we managed to get up onto this giant hill (or small mountain) that we could make out the milky way. It was impressive. From my bus trip I couldn't sleep on I managed to happily see the milky way the way I couldn't see at home here in Canada that city life is a buzzkill to the truly enjoyable things. It makes you want to go rural.

Imagine having the night sky in Silent Hunter 3 + the milky way seen. A bit 'messier', yet the wording is actually 'detailed'. It's an nice improved step though. We need a moon & noteworthy stars in the sky. Red51 could have fun by giving us a telescope to zoom into these starts to see various real & fictional plants, among others. Imagine building a observatory to see the occasional 'fictional' planet in detail, similar to [Space Engine].

Dangerously addictive.

• Arrakis is nice has most valuable resource in the galaxy also it has plenty of underground lakes. Tatooine is just a bunch of dumb creatures who seriously I don't get how they ever left their home planet, and bug people and crazy Warlords, Bounty hunters, slavers along with 2000 pound slugs.

• Bumping because I love this game!

I admit I haven't been playing much lately as I'm a terrible builder. I'm looking forward to new survival elements, dungeons, and API!!!! I looked at the LUA API once and felt frustrated over its lack of documentation. I'm sure its very capable as is but I don't have the patience to trial and error stuff. I write code for a living and I know how much time can be wasted in trial-and-error because something is either poorly documented or there are no good examples to follow on Stackoverflow. When the JAVA API, comes along I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. I have some ideas of mods I'd like to write and I've needed an excuse to brush up on my Java skills. I've even started downloading source code for a few minecraft mods I like to get a feel for how they are implemented.

Also, since the Dungeons and API announcement was made, I felt a surge in positive energy on this forum. Seems like a lot of people are excited with the upcoming update. Dungeons look cool but I'm looking forward to the API now more than anything. Although I spent some time last night in Minecraft in spectator mode (never used it before) so I could explore the strongholds and mines and get an ideas of how such structures might generate in Rising World and how expansive they might be. However the dungons turn out, I'm sure they will give us a foundation to expand on and write more complex dungeons and additional room types.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!