Please dont add zombies rising world

• Don't worry, zombies are not planned. Only thing we want to introduce is zombiedogs, but no "human zombies" :D (btw., as soon as monsters are in the game, they can't be disabled per world, if a realistic setting is desired)

• is when the next updated ?
    and what will add what ?

sorry google translate

You know you just hijacked this thread? ;) The best thing would be to create a separate topic, but you can also PM me such smaller questions.

The next update will be available on Friday or Saturday. We're working on several things, but don't know yet what will be actually ready for the update. The biggest things we're currently working on are tree replanting and a serverlist, but I will not guarantee that this will be ready for the update.

• Back on topic, I agree. Please, no zombies. There's plenty of natural bad things (ie, bears, wolves, even snakes) that can be added. I'm not in favor of any 'supernatural' or 'fantasy' entities.
    I might be hijacking the thread too, but there's plenty of different weapons to add... but please, no guns. There's gobs of other games people can play if they want guns, but RW doesn't need them and they would be very out of place. I don't see it as that kind of game.

• Sorry, I am going to have to disagree about guns. Since this game is spanning to modern times, guns and the explosives behind them aream integral part of why no one wears plate mail in wars these days.

In the end, if some orc comes waving a sword at me, I am going to pull an Indiana Jones and shoot it. Better technology wins, and I do not believe in a fair fight.

• ... I do not believe in a fair fight.

.45's > AK47's > lasers > cannons > grenades > TNT > C4 > nukes > ? Where does it stop? No matter what is added to the game, some people will want something more powerful added to insure they'll always win. People think how cool it would be if they had a _____.... but they forget that everybody else gets a ____ too. Having a gun would great, right- till you get shot.

Reminds me of the old BC comic strip: "If the object of golf is to have the lowest score, then why play at all?"

• What if they add a recipes.xml so that the server admin can control what items can be crafted? Let the server admin decide what level of tech is available. Another survival game that I won't mention here has implemented that very well.

• I agree with Quezax, if this game is going to support technology spanning from medieval times to present date, then firearms would be a logical choice to include at some date.

However, I do not believe that the devs should focus on implementing firearms until the rest of the game's content is roughly completed. Putting firearms into this game will probably end up being a significant time sink, and should not take priority over all of the core mechanics and content of the game. If this game is going to succeed, then people need to be able to play in the alpha and beta worlds without getting bored or feeling cheated by a lack of things to do other than shooting pumpkins. ;)

That was a mistake that Starforge made, and combined with their lack of innovation and motivation in other fields, they ultimately failed to deliver just about all of the other content and features they promised, and now have a 34% (and falling) approval rating on Steam as well as a constant stream of hate mail.

TL;DR: guns would be a great addition to this game, but don't loose focus on more important functionality and content yet.

On a complete side note (assuming the devs choose to implement firearms in this game), I would appreciate it if shotguns get treated with a modest level of respect within this game. It always seems like every other game out there consistently nerfs and cripples them because they are inherently very powerful devices. Instead of limiting their knockdown power, I think it would be fair to consider other limiting factors such as ammunition capacity. In reality, shot shells are large and heavy compared to rifle cartridges, even if they do hit like a freight train.

• [quote='djamelSky','https://forum.rising-world.net/index.php/Thread/365-Please-dont-add-zombies-rising-world/?postID=2377#post2377']The next update will be available on Friday or Saturday. We're working on several things, but don't know yet what will be actually ready for the update. The biggest things we're currently working on are tree replanting and a serverlist, but I will not guarantee that this will be ready for the update.

Phoque Yay ! :D

.45's > AK47's > lasers > cannons > grenades > TNT > C4 > nukes > ? Where does it stop? No matter what is added to the game, some people will want something more powerful added to insure they'll always win. People think how cool it would be if they had a _____.... but they forget that everybody else gets a ____ too. Having a gun would great, right- till you get shot.

This is not my goal of having guns, PVP is still balanced even since both side could potential have access to the same tech. I am thinking progression and realism. As a human, a bear should have me licked in melee combat, so having a good range weapon is needed if one decides to claim territory over your home. A troll will probably take a bit more than that to take down. And given the 700+ years of firearms, i would like to see a few technology steps before you jump to futuristic laser weapons.

****On a side note, did you see that the US navy has successfully deployed its first laser weapon system prototype in the field called LaWS.

• just my 2 cents...
    dont know exactly where you guys're going with this game but please leave an option for us to be able to just build stuff and enjoy the extensive crafting this game has to offer.
    iam playing arma3 epoch and other "survival games" already. leave us the joy (and peace) to be creative rather then destructive :P
    other than that...let your mind run wild with mobs.zombies are chewed up though

• This is not my goal of having guns, PVP is still balanced even since both side could potential have access to the same tech. I am thinking progression and realism. As a human, a bear should have me licked in melee combat, so having a good range weapon is needed if one decides to claim territory over your home. A troll will probably take a bit more than that to take down. And given the 700+ years of firearms, i would like to see a few technology steps before you jump to futuristic laser weapons.

****On a side note, did you see that the US navy has successfully deployed its first laser weapon system prototype in the field called LaWS.

nope...leave guns out altogether. dont put in any of that stuff. let RW be a game where peeps can build fancy things and sword off foes (read,wildlife). there's too many games out there going for the "modern life survival" thing with gunnzz. implement a decent melee system instead i say...if your cuppa tea is fighting.
    just my opinion but i like the game for its building capabilities..not the "tough guy shooting things" stuff :)

• I'm happy with small fire-arms + the bow & arrow. Those are fine. Anything else is just asking for too much trouble that you would need scripts to remove them. On the flip-side, I'm now curious if German or Canadian destroyers should be a thing for sea travel. Pirates should be a thing for the ocean biome with their canons in the colonial sail ships. As for modern, how would you scale that up? Destroyers at the least of German Z# types, Canadian Tribal-Class (British in origin; thinking HMCS Haida), and possibly a Polish ORP Blyskawica. All at random, and even unflagged....Unless you want to flag them up or add our own through posters.

Being German developers I say they should dig into that European pride that keeps being robbed from them from the North America side of things. I guess it's something I should expect, if at all, late game developement or in a mod. I mean, it be interesting to encounter Destroyers at random. Not battleships, Light Cruisers, or aircraft carriers. Submarines as an AI threat? Sure. Small things, like Destroyers & Colonial ships.

Ah well.......That's some food-for-thought on Red's side. Maybe even modding. (Do I need to make a new thread for this? I already did in the 'suggestions' thread under boating. Still in and out of the topic at hand with 'firearms' & 'zombies' or mobs' :P)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!