Alternate blocks (damaged, chiseled, mossy) with specific tool

• Sometimes, I feel Rising World's blocks too « clean ». I have played several hours on minecraft and I like the cracked, mossy and chiseled version of blocks. In Rising World, can we imagine a tool (I think the hammer, or create a chisel ?) which can alterate a block ? 1 hit on a building block -> cracked. 2 hit -> chiseled. have some vegetation in hand -> mossy. I imagine it's a lot of texturing work on each block, but you can make ruins, give ages to builds : you give unique taste on a build.

• Could do something similar to the Minecraft way you do things by attaching moss, or have it that the longer a block is in the world that the more likely it'll grow some kind of overgrown vegetation on it. It might lag the game, yet it's just a thought.

I do like the mention of tools though, and seen 7 Days to Die doing something via damage that the more zombies attack the blocks the more decayed it appears. Even on the long term.

• Arctic,

Didnt Red51 mention a while back about storing the hit count of each block? So essentially if it takes 4 hits to destroy a block, you could hit it twice and have it half cracked. It would achieve the look that OP is seeking and I admit thwt would be cool looking.

• also, I imagine that hanging spider webs might be an option, atleast in creative mode, once the dungeons are released.

you could just Search spider web .png on google and use that for spider webs, also red has said they plan on letting you paint the blocks with any texture you want, but if they do add this option its going to be some time away, in the mean time use png images they are awesome for all sorts of things

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • if there's a special thing that you want concerning images like transparent just go to google images> search what you want> go to search tools alternative> colors> and then transparent > and there you have it , if you want a crack in the blocks just search for crack and go through every thing i mentioned and there you have it a crack without a background

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!