Placeable bucket

• I just had a thought about how nice it would be to place a full or empty bucket. A full bucket placed next to a furnace seems appropriate. An empty bucket placed outside would be great for catching future rainfall. :)

I also had a thought about stacking the new storage crates but that won't work since they open upwards. It would be cool to recreate the end scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• I just had a thought about how nice it would be to place a full or empty bucket. A full bucket placed next to a furnace seems appropriate. An empty bucket placed outside would be great for catching future rainfall. :)

I also had a thought about stacking the new storage crates but that won't work since they open upwards. It would be cool to recreate the end scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'd go for a barrel that can hold liquids to not only catch future rainfall, but to also fill with other liquids as they are introduced. Such as sea water, oil, milk, gunpowder, tannin, limewater, dyes, paints, or alcohol. I'm sure there's at least one person playing this game who'd like to tap a keg. And the thought of using tannin and dyes for our leather is very appealing to myself. That was always a fun part of TerraFirmaCraft. It would also be nice if metal and plastic barrel variants eventually came along.

As for stacking crates, you could always place a wood plank atop one crate, then another crate atop that plank. It's easier against a wall than out in the open, but it does work. For the sake of realism, just say the plank is there for extra reinforcement from the weight above it. All those iron ingots do weigh a lot.

i just thought of something. The blueprint hack for turning a barrel sideways might be a applicable to crates as well.

Did it work on the crate? Personally, I didn't know there was a blueprint hack to do such a thing. The idea is very intriguing.

• the rotation restriction is on placing a crafted storage container. A blueprint not including blocks is free to rotate so in theory a blueprinted crate should be rotateable as a barrel is. Some people have exploited this to create the appearance of a cellar with beer barrels on their side. Very lovely looking incidentally. :thumbsup:

• I would love to place a bucket for both function and decoration. That, and have liquid barrels of both wood & metal to store water, milks, and anything else. Even apple & tomato juice, as well as anything other. I would love to leave a bucket to collect rain water in both humid & rainy situations. Add moss to filter the water.

I've even been brainstorming ways one could have gained water previously from the water update when we didn't have canteens, even recalling my trip to Europe when cottages in the mountains of Modra had to use rainwater for showers and such. The primitive way could be a leave into some bamboo or something other. Carefully crafted wood box which could scale up to cloth funneling into a barrel, and etc.

-> Modern Water storage:
    http://www.directindustry.com/…product-63962-942353.html

Inspire from this to keep your liquid all in one spot, or to have it transported via trains, trucks & etc.

Then think of both above & underground liquid storages:

http://agri-shop.co.uk/ekmps/s…e-pump-systems-1270-p.jpg

This will become a very big thing, more so when oil & renewable fuel sources are a thing.

• I would love it if we could place any of the items: buckets, food items, tools, etc. and have them stay there. Imagine a table set with food on plates! Also hang up your tools in the barn. So many possibilities.

You can hack the bookshelves to allow placement of decorative items. Put a matching board in place where the shelf is, and it'll allow placement of items.

Would also be cool if we could plant flowers in the pots provided.

• I kept bugging Red51 to allow us to display stuff, and it's on the list. What's possible right now (via modding API) is to make tool racks. SOmeone however has to be brave enough to code that in, even having the will & desire to tackle that. We shall also gain a tool rack ability to hang our tools up.

I really want bookshelves to hold various books, scrolls, and etc. It should be a must, and I bet it is.

+1 to planting flowers in pots.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!