The game so far....

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • So I have ~37ish hours into this. I love the graphics, the feel. I'm seeing people here and on the Steam forums coming up with all these great ideas about where this could go from a vanilla as well as some real awesome mod ideas.

My take is this: This game is sooo young....with so much potential. I'm sitting here giggling like a child waiting impatiently to see whats gonna happen next lol. After a few years(off and on, more so on than off) of modded Minecraft I have come to really love this game in all of the limitations it has so far. Of all the things that could come out, or things that are confirmed, the one major thing I'm waiting for is what ima call "The Big Water Update!" Duh Duh duh! lol

No really...this look...with flowing water that reacts to environment voxel changes.....carving a swath of the earth with hand (or machinery) to redivert a river or high pond to irrigate a crop...or power a watermill...
    Imagine the potential for textures and function that could come from one major part of coding (I'm assuming it's a big task code wise) from getting water to work WELL!

Imagine beginning a new game and one thing you and your friends do is start by digging a well, as well as everything else. Food, shelter, clothing my mom would always say.

Hmm, now that I think about it...Water flows over the wheel and gears are made to spin the sawblade to be able to get 12 lumber from one log as opposed to 4...

Yeah, I want the water....
    Love this game guys, keep goin.

• Glad you love the game just like all of us! But I don't think we will se the "Big Water Update" anytime soon... simply because it will be a Yuge things to create and implement and there are more glaring needs atm. However, I am excited for it when it does finally come.

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• I am aware of the huge structural things that are going on. A number of months ago when i first played it, my pc on all the lowest settings with everything turned off couldn't play it at more that 5 fps, now i'm knockin 30-40 solid. I'm sure theres a number of things that have to be done before water "can" work.

As far as being able to create a trench with the rake lol, takes a long time, but I've been able to make BIG farming plots (roughly 50-60 by 30) after a few hours by hand lol. then I stand back and examine my work and it's great.

• I think most of us share your observation about the "feel" of the game. Pretty much all of us have a background in Minecraft, but started yearning for the "grown up" equivalent, and this is it. I don't believe it's intended to be a MC knock-off, but has a very similar agenda.

I still like Minecraft, but now that this game has crossed the threshold to being a real game (early access or not), I seldom go back any more. I think you touched on what appeals to me the most. Like you, I cleared a sizable area for my base, removing hills and filling in low spots, all with just a few hand tools and a bit of persistence. Much more labor and finesse required than on MC, but also much more satisfaction with the results.

Reminds me of some real-life experiences I shared with my dad, and at the end of the day it was all about sitting back and admiring the fruits of our efforts. That's the "feel" I like. ^^

• I am coming from a Minecraft, Wurm Online, Wurm Unlimited background. I think this has the potential to be better than both. It has the playability of Minecraft with the visual elements of Wurm. Still a long way to go.

• This.

I agree with this 100%.

(Minecraft, MInecraft FTB, Terraria, Starbound, & Astroneer background. Heavy on the Minecraft :rolleyes: )

It's so frustrating the game is so awesome, yet it's still so frustratingly youthful that we have to wait many months & years for it to reach its intended goal line. The part where you ride on horses, drive trains & vehicles, even exploring the vast 1-world ocean with many islands & continents.......That's going to take years, something I'm fearing something may intervene to prevent me/us from enjoying the end-goal of the game.

There's so much greatness to it. I just want to see the next Player Models & customization so we can customize our characters + ride horses at the least, then whatever is after that. Cooking? Trains? Something like that.

Hopefully we'll gain teasers of how our characters shall appear.

• Well, maybe after the next few major updates, the price will be bumped, Rising World will get Rockstar/Minecraft-like popularity and making millions in sales. Then Red51 can have his gigantic development dream team for the next company game project or maybe even rapid DLC content development for Rising World. :)

I know I'm biased in my opinions but I still think Rising World is going to be the Minecraft killer some day

• Well, maybe after the next few major updates, the price will be bumped, Rising World will get Rockstar/Minecraft-like popularity and making millions in sales. Then Red51 can have his gigantic development dream team for the next company game project or maybe even rapid DLC content development for Rising World. :)

I know I'm biased in my opinions but I still think Rising World is going to be the Minecraft killer some day

Even now it is, yet you know people. They have to see the whole picture before they jump onto it, yet we're here & we can cradle the game until it becomes the grand game people chose to miss until they gain those necessary updates. I'm still annoyed with Lewis from Yogscast for mocking this game constantly just because it's still in Alpha. Constantly whined moaned knowing full well himself how hard making games are. They tried making a game themselves, yet failed.

But yeah, apparently it shall be "months" (not weeks, but months) until Rising World shall gain the mandatory 'Player Models & Animations'. That has me annoyed.

As @joni0helper suspected, the new player models and items will be the next big update. Actually it's going to be a huge update, but it might still take a few months until it's ready. In the meantime, there will be some smaller updates ;)

Btw. a big cooking update is also planned, unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet

Damn. Rising World shall be an on-and-off thing for me then. I hope the next updates shall distract me/us long enough until we get the next major update.

• A few months sounds normal. Seems like we are getting 3 or 4 major feature updates and a bunch of smaller content updates each year. Like I said, when this game kills the charts, as someone else put it, and generates a serious cash flow then Red can have his big dev team. But for now, this is the reality for most startup companies developing a major product. The reviews on Steam are mostly positive, the community is awesome, mods are beginning to develop, and 1.0 is creeping up so I'm not too concerned.

• A few months sounds normal. Seems like we are getting 3 or 4 major feature updates and a bunch of smaller content updates each year. Like I said, when this game kills the charts, as someone else put it, and generates a serious cash flow then Red can have his big dev team. But for now, this is the reality for most startup companies developing a major product. The reviews on Steam are mostly positive, the community is awesome, mods are beginning to develop, and 1.0 is creeping up so I'm not too concerned.

Cooled off again after reading that player models & animations shall take a few months. I thought with that headstart it be out sooner. Guess not.

Nice. Well, it could have happened now, yet you know how silly people are. Hope it does keep gaining in traction & support so we can gain better & better things as time goes on. Yeah, 1.0 is indeed popping up. I'm still curious where the other biomes are at also. The rivers, jungles, swamps, and such. The coves, frozen ice lakes, and etc. That, and it's been warned we can't go further than 10,000 or else we'll gain performance issues hmm.

What you're imagining, that'll be the day.........Can't wait for it. For Rising World to mature, as with the developer team growing :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!