Customisable or better Predefined World Generation

• My proposal for @red51 revolves around a more customisable world generation tool, will explain in a bit what I mean exactly but I first need to provide my reasons behind this suggestion/request.

Often enough I find myself looking for a specific type of terrain e.g. a lake that has a snow biome to its east and a savannah biome to its west, or a big mountain canyon that starts from a beach and ends on a lake or a desert. So instead of looking through 10s of random seeds until I find what I want I propose a customisable world generator in which you would be able to specify the spawn biome as well as a few biomes around it to be whatever you like, then the rest of the world outside would be randomly generated as with the current system.

So this is how I propose this system to work:
    You get a small grid (I would prefer a 5x5 grid) where each gridbox represents a biome e.g. for a 3x3 grid:

Biome 1Biome2Biome 3
    Biome 4Biome 5
    (Spawn)
    Biome 6
    Biome 7Biome 8Biome 9

Then you select what you want these biomes to be (if the grid background changed colour for each biome you select that would be useful too) e.g. on a 5x5 grid:

And finally this custom world would be generated for you :D

• we need more baldness on our player model first

I agree! Maybe add one of the circle checker things on the side of his head so he looks more like a crash-test dummy...

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Took me awhile to understand what Mino tried to propose, yet I finally understand it (That drama we had on Steam). I love the idea where you can pick and choose what biomes are nearby, also because it simplifies processes before hand. Just pick what's nearby and have fun. Even decorate the spawning a bit with a makeshift lake, or a nice desert biome so we can make glass.

The other thought to this is that we should eventually see biomes becoming progressively different where there's a 'hot zone' & a 'cold zone', similar to how Minecraft does it with biome dividers, rivers, oceans, and all those sorts. Granted, that's going to be much harder & longer, yet needed to be mentioned.

Mino, I finally understand what you proposed that I +1 it. Instead of having to go 5,000+ away you can have biomes at your fingertip. It makes checking out updates all that much easier.

• Joni, we need to make you an ingame Rising World shirt with a Rising World logo behind the word "YEP!" in proper 'classy' font.

Also, I forgot to mention that 'Lego Worlds' (at one point) had a preview of the spawning area that you could pick out a world with the the "best" spawn point. It wasn't that large, yet it was somewhere with where you could start off with as the world randomly generated around it. When Red51 is ready to tackle this proposal I wonder if we can gain a preview window of how biomes shall appear within your selection of choice.

https://vignette4.wikia.nocook…/latest?cb=20150603210523

You would see a rotating snapshot of the spawn area in Lego Worlds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!