As you may have noticed, we were experiencing several DDoS attacks in the last weeks unfortunately. Since this resulted in some downtimes of the game, we decided to get rid of the hive (which was responsible for user authentication in the first place). With this update, authentication is now solely handled by Steam. Even if our servers are offline, you can still play multiplayer.
As a result, the usernames are no longer unique, since the SteamID is now used to identify a player. This allows you to change the username at any time (menu -> profile). Old worlds will be converted automatically, so you (hopefully) won't lose your inventory.
These changes not only affect authentication, even the server list is handled by Steam. We added support for the source query protocol, and Rising World server can also be found in the Steam server browser now (Steam -> View -> Servers).
Unfortunately there wasn't much time left to work on other features, but we still fixed some bugs and added a few smaller things, like a crowbar (which enables you to deconstruct planks and beams without destroying them). The character is now also able to crouch properly, although this still needs some tweaks. We hope you also enjoy the two new music tracks we added to the game!
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know!
Changelog 0.9.2.2 (2018-02-14):
- [New] Usernames can now be changed at any time
- [New] No more need to create an account to play multiplayer
- [New] Added support for Steam server browser
- [New] Game server implements Steam Source query protocol now
- [New] Added "unloadplugins" command (useful for replacing plugin jar files)
- [New] Added "nofalldamage" general permission (multiplayer only)
- [New] Added option "game_mp_hidestatus" to config so friends can no longer the server you're playing on
- [New] Steam offline mode fully supported now
- [New] New item: crowbar (allows you to deconstruct construction elements like planks)
- [New] Added proper crouching for character
- [New] Added two new music tracks
- [Change] Authentication is now fully handled by Steam (no more HIVE)
- [Change] Menu shows player SteamID now (rightclick to copy to clipboard)
- [Change] Increased max stack sizes for torch mounts
- [Change] Servers no longer use temp folder for sql files
- [Change] Steam friends now get highlighted in the player list (tab) in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong size of ingame friend list when using resolutions smaller than 1080p
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash when Steam runs in offline mode
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong lamp alignment when placing on south-facing walls
- [Bugfix] Fixed erroneous wood torchmounts after picking them up
- [Bugfix] Kick messages are now displayed properly when being kicked from a P2P session
- [Bugfix] Fixed random game crash when client lost internet connection
- [Change] Increased speed when filling fuel into the furnace
- [Change] Server browser no longer shows server which failed to respond
- [Bugfix] Fixed server detail view in Steam server browser
- [Bugfix] Fixed animation issue (jitter) when holding items in the hand
- [New] Added server_query_ip setting to define the query server ip for servers
- [Change] Removed some unnecessary debug output
- [Bugfix] Fixed some server browser issues
- [Bugfix] Players are now able to join your game if the dedicated server was started from Steam
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with music not being muted properly when volume was set to 0
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash when running multiple instances of the server
- [Bugfix] Fixed SteamAPI init error when starting the server