[SCRIPT] Zcript (Admin tools)

• I also add you in the Author files, as well as in the readme as author too ;) Hope we could work on this together soon :)

That's sounds awesome :-) i have been plotting some ideas and when i am free i am going to work on them.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi folks !

I said it many times, but now it gets real :P I'm currently working on a group management system. But before launching myself, I would like to know what you think I should add (as functionality !) for the group management part ! So far, this is going to be like this :

Little group (so called :P)

• Any player can create a group. When it create a group, he became "Group Leader" and can add and remove people from the groupe
    • When the group leader disconnect, the group is deleted
    • When multiple players are in the same group, they can use a /p (for party) command to speak only inside the group

Bigger Group, guild (Maybe?)

• Only admin can create guild (so people will need to ask to admin to create a guild), but they don't administrate guild, when an admin create a guild, he must specifiate a guild admin
    • When the guild admin is offline, the guild is still there
    • When multiple players are in the same guild, they can use /g (for guild) command to speak inside the guild only
    • Guild can have one or multiple "Guild's Chest", to use like a "guild bank" (well, I'll see what I can do with this)

Maybe I could use the AreaProtection script to mix Guild / Area
    Maybe I could do something else ?

So I'll try starting working on this as soon as I'll get more feedback about it :D Also, I would definitely need some help for the testing part !

Cheers guys :D

• nice idea this would be good for survival mode and users can make groups to protect there builds from griefers lol

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

• I would create a "Guild Script" of the like for that, IMO, so to not mix responsibilities of the admin script. But I like the idea. And, I would not necessarily remove the group if the group creator disconnect... Perhaps, instead, invalidate the group only if the group creator has been disconnected for some period of time, just to avoid breaking the group if the group creator is disconnected briefly.

As for protecting against griefers, only admins should protect anything. This is to insure ownership of the server to admins only; a player is a guest, unless granted by an admin and should not grant himself rights without approval. This is why I was proposing "admin" grant "Group Admin", and "Group Admin" grant "Group Owner", and "Group Owner" grant "Group Guest". But this should go into the AreaProtection script discussion. :)

my2cents

• I was also thinking about putting it in a separate script.

However after the discution we had on IRC Lord, I'm thinking to update and totally rewrite my script to be okay with your standards, and clean this mess ^^

So I wont add any new features until the script is totally reorganized ;) what about your searchs about calling module and stuff in LUA ?

• Sounds great.

If you allow a group to contain persons and groups you can get a real organisation structure. Also if a person can me member in multiple groups and later on assign rights/grants to groups and allow some smart inheritance you can go really wild. ;)

Geforce GTX 960 2GB, i5 4590 @3.3, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Win 10

• I think Lenko mean Info over the server, server rights, ts- adress etc. pp and thits all in info block so with the command /server info /server adress etc. pp.

Well that can be done indeed :) I'll think about it and put it on my to do list :D

Sounds great.

If you allow a group to contain persons and groups you can get a real organisation structure. Also if a person can me member in multiple groups and later on assign rights/grants to groups and allow some smart inheritance you can go really wild. ;)

Easy ^^ It won't be very advanced, only a simple group management system ^^ But yeah, I'll try to do as much as I can :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!