Posts by botchikii

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Hi ! long time I'm not posting in this forum, but keep involved in RW (the game I spent the most time in). A new engine is such a big move, and I can't wait to see what you can do with unity :) For me, RW needs two things : better world generation and complex cooking concept (for taking advantages of ressources and help endgame job (bonus with more complex recipes)). So It's very good news because you seem to focus on world generation with this update).

I'm also onboard with a blog with news every X time (like rust but not so deep, you are a smaller team), it would help to keep community hyped.

Thanks for the news !

Quote from red51

Hmm... well, the height of skeletons (or other npcs) is indeed limited. If it is too big, there is a higher chance that the npc gets stucks or even warps to the roof, at least in rooms with low ceilings... I will try to tweak this a little

Well, it's not dramatic ! First time, I have been surprised by a samourai skely who beat me up right after :D Now I'm aware, it's fine :thumbsup:

Hi. I noticed something weird with skeleton. they can pass throught blocs if too high placed. if you want to block an entrance in dungeon, you put 2 blocs for secure the door way. 2 block above ground : ok, skeletons are blocked :

but 3 blocks above ground, they don't care and pass throught :

their hitbox are only 2 bloc height ?

Hello ! Just want to give more feedback after 10h of gameplay in this update and with a new start in singleplayer. :thumbup::thumbup: the game have a really nice progression from the beginning and now with the weather and hostiles, we need to use every workbench quickly (and adding iron plate for some workench add some challenge for finding iron quickly). this update give us some danger in cave (spiders hit hard and they sound creepy af :thumbsup: ) and dungeons are much much more fun now. well, fun isn't the right word when you have to face a samourai skeleton, he is very tanky :p

I take a night for hunting bandits in a forest : 3 encounters in a night, but each time, only 1 bandit. I find them little too easy to kill (one shot with a bow seems weak, they give us big loot.
    Animals move a lot now, it's nice. I saw girafes climbing a mountain, that was something !

So, I thought some suggestions for NPCs :

- skeleton could be looted and have bones on them (head, chest and or bones). it would take less time than pick the ones on the ground, and maybe they would be useful (magic spell for creating squeletton, undead or npc ??? :whistling: )
    - bandits more tanky, stay the day (I know they do now but perhaps not for ever) and perhaps randomly spawning in abandonned cabin (like rats)
    - we have information ingame of armor/clothes (protection and isolation), could we have some info for weapons (damages). also we cannot block with morningstar, so this weapon seem less useful than swords now.
    - also, weather can be really hard for us (if you're cold, you are checky as hell) but we don't have any status indicator (except the hot/cold) on our character. some informations in the profile (effect increasing/decreasing, malus) could be useful.

That's it. but this message is most of all for congrats your team for the great job. your game rocks and deserve much more visibility. hope with the hostile, you'll have tons of new players.

<3<3<3

Hello ! big thanks for this update :thumbsup:

Just few minutes in creative for testing these npcs :
    - they look amazing
    - they hit hard lol
    - I love bandits have some lines
    - some good loots in bandits (but nothing for skeletons ?)
    - no collision between Npc ? I saw a bear run into bandits like they don't exist

I think the agro distance has been increased (bears don't let us run away, they chase us longer)
    I have seen one think little strange when I stayed up of bandit in fly mode : they respawn at my position in the sky and take fall damage. Aml 2 red blocks appears in air above a bandit :

very excited to test it in real situation !!! well done Red

Great news ! I can't wait to see these hostiles and they look great :thumbup:

Unfortunately we have no ETA for the update yet. We try to get it ready as soon as possible, but recently there were some unexpected changes introduced to Steam which have a big impact on Rising World and its future development. We can't say much about these changes yet, but we will definitely keep you informed about the current status.

I'm scared of that part of your post. Waiting for more info on this but hope development will not be stopped :(

Hello,

I've seen this topic on Steam forums and I think it would be interesting to see it here. Link : https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/3393916911750368110/
    It would be nice to have these ingame (like the protection for armors). Also : We have a secondary attack with right mouse button, did that attack do more damage ? And I think the range is different between weapons (mace seems to hit shorter than axes). is it real ?

The list below will show you the BD {Base Damage} with is how much damage you can deal to a player when they don't have any armor. The AD {Armor Damage} shows how much damage you can deal to player when they have armor equipped. Also all projectile weapons will kill any player when they are shot in the head, no matter if they wear armor or not. Head Shots Are Deadly!

(Note: You must wear both the armor and the helmet for you to protect yourself. Wearing just the helmet will not protect you from damage. However, wearing the just the armor will protect you from some of the damage; somewhere around 50%. Wearing the helmet and the armor will protect you from around 70% of the incoming damage, which is shown in the list below)

WEAPONS

Wooden Sword 10 3
    Sword 40 15
    Longsword 45 17
    Demonic Sword 60 23
    Katana 60 23
    Master Sword 70 27
    Legendary Sword 80 31
    Battleaxe 60 23
    Master Battleaxe 70 27
    Warhammer 42 19
    Deadly Warhammer 70 27
    Mace 55 21
    Morningstar 60 23
    Deadly Mace 65 25
    Reflexbow 35 13
    Crossbow 35 13
    Blackbow 35 13
    Semiauto Rifle 50 19
    Rifle Repeater 60 23
    Musket 80 31

TOOLS

Stone axe 15 5
    Pickaxe 15 5
    Steel pickaxe 30 11
    Mining drill 5dps 1dps
    Sledgehammer 30 11
    Steel Sledgehammer 30 11
    Axe 25 9
    Steel axe 35 13
    Chainsaw 10dps 3dps
    Scythe 30 11
    Sickle 15 5
    Wooden Rake 5 1
    Rake 5 1
    Hoe 10 3
    Steel Hoe 10 3
    Hunting knife 20 7
    Crowbar 20 7
    Rolling Pin 1 0

Thanks for this update :thumbup::thumbup:

Some impressions on the first hours testing it :

- fishing looks good (but it would be a must to do that in the boat or on chairs. but I guess we will need to wait until the mounted combat system ?). A rustic fishing rod would be nice for players who want to stick withe medieval themes.
    - boats are very nice and looks great. A question : as we can't pick it up, do they work like mounts (owned by the crafter) ? and only the crafter can mount them ?
    - The hot/cold : nice addition ! but we have not so much info except the icon in bottom right. Did the clothes makes difference ? (leather is warmer than coton or iron armor). A status showing in the preview model would be great or what you did for hunger and water (now they have numbers on it when you open your inventory), so we know if we are in good way or in bad way.
    - the crowbar remove poster : OH YEAH
    - Nice rework on the menu. the controls keys are more lisible
    - for the new rifle, I have the same « problem » with the repeater : we don't know exactly how many bullets we have in a magazine.perharps it's the right behavior and IRL you cant know how many you have too, but it seems to me more fair to know when you have to reload.

That's for now. Thank's for your great work !

Very nice :) thank you for this tool. For information, I'm using zsh instead of bash (debian linux) and the command does not launch the tool.

Bash
    java -cp .:./* ch.sfu.mapviewer.MapViewer
    zsh: no matches found: .:./*

it works fine with this syntax :

Code
    java -cp '.:./*' ch.sfu.mapviewer.MapViewer
    Quote from ArcticuKitsu

Well, I was expecting it to save the whole rendered chunks into a .png.....

well, I try one export on widest zoom : it shows 6 squares biomes, the image is a 20480x12288 pixel and weight 205mo. a whole big map would be difficult to manipulate I think ?

:D I like survival things ! I use this thread for apologize not to be active in forum since a while. I'm in a educative project in north of Canada (wolf education) and can not play or stay long (I'm sadly with a cheap laptop and no infinite electricity). I stay tuned for updates but need to wait june to be able to plày RW again). Have fun !

@red51 You said we could reserve player names on our servers. I see a parameter in the server.properties which setting that :

Code
    settings_reserved_names=false

If I set it to true, Do I need to create a file like reserved_names in server root folder, and how do I need to syntax it for enable that feature ?

We just released an update for the server, please have a look if the issue still persists ;) If your server still does not show up in the server list, please open the "server.properties" file and set "server_query_ip" to the same ip as the "server_ip". If the "server_ip" field is blank, set "server_query_ip" to -1

That work's fine ! server is visible now in steam's server page and ingame. Thank you very much :thumbup:

I think the game will do the conversion ? for your example, the player who you want to be friend is unique at the time you do the command. so /addfriend playername can be interpreted by the game, witch convert the name into the playerid ? so you don't have to worry about that.