Changelog 2018-02-14: Getting rid of the hive...

• The update broke my server. I cant login in locally as I get authentication error and its no longer showing on the list, think its something to do with the invalid ip format (ANY): ?(

Invalid IP format (ANY):
    STEAM BIND TO 0 (), PORT 4255, 4259, -1

SteamID: 76561197960265728 (0)
    Steam Query Server bind to ANY (4255)
    Steam Servers Connected (-1832359965 -> 146.200.103.227)

• Hmmm I seem to have lost my flying license, being admin it really surprised me. The permission when I hit esc says no fly under general.
    No error in the log files.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Im still getting "invalid Ip format (ANY):" but it dosent seem to be impeding the server from running properly. Steam was refusing to update the software which it sometimes does, which is a pain. But the other method of download using steamcmd gave me the next update which works fine....Thanks :) .

• Hmmm I seem to have lost my flying license, being admin it really surprised me. The permission when I hit esc says no fly under general.

We didn't touch the permissions. The Steam servers downloads a "permissions.example" and "server.example.properties" to prevent it from overwriting any existing permissions or config files ;) If you don't have proper permissions anymore, make sure you're in the right permission group. Alternatively you can grant admin permissions to you by putting your UID (SteamID64 for the Steamversion) into the server.properties file (next to the "admins=" key).

Im still getting "invalid Ip format (ANY):" but it dosent seem to be impeding the server from running properly

Yeah this message is indeed confusing, we will remove it shortly^^ Basically this message comes up when the server binds to all addresses. So just ignore this message :D However, I'm glad to hear the server works now!

• Oh btw, theres an error message that keeps spamming the log file, but the server still runs ok despite this.

2018/02/17 07:48 PM JIW-Network
    WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] Unable to find ClientConnection for /90.105.204.65:25437
    [TcpSessionHandler] NEW Client Connection from:/178.159.37.11:50873 de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler@418b7363 PORT:4255
    [TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /178.159.37.11:50873

• Oh btw, theres an error message that keeps spamming the log file, but the server still runs ok despite this.

Hmm... what hoster do you use (or is the rw server hosted on your own server)? Can you maybe send me a server log (can be found in the "Logs" subfolder in the server directory)? ;)

No error in the log files.

Same thing is happening to me also our server Im one of 2 admins that does not have permission for anything and nothing shoes up in player list.
    Our server shows up and after 10 minutes will report that server is losing connection and then will disappear from list, everything was fine before this update?

log1518875740.log

• My RW Server ss hosted on my own dedicated server attached to my local network. Please find log attached.

Thanks for the log, I will check out what's going on there!

If I set it to true, Do I need to create a file like reserved_names in server root folder, and how do I need to syntax it for enable that feature ?

Yes, you need to create a file called "reservednames" or "reservednames.txt" in your server directory. There you can insert name:uid mappings, for example:

Code
    botchikii:24234928349238423
    otherplayer:1231928319284141
    someoneelse:6839458394583498

To fully block a name (i.e. nobody can use it), just enter the playername without UID ;)

Same thing is happening to me also our server Im one of 2 admins that does not have permission for anything and nothing shoes up in player list.

Are you still admin on the server? Make sure the "admins=" line in the server.properties contains UIDs only (and make sure the UIDs are actually correct). In case of doubt, you can send me the line (optionally via PM) ^^

Our server shows up and after 10 minutes will report that server is losing connection and then will disappear from list, everything was fine before this update?

Hmm... can you maybe send me a server log about that?

• now we know how to reserve and block names but how do we bann a player?
    what is the file name and where is it located and how do we configure it manualy?
    or what is the command to view the bann list from inside the game?
    also may we have your uid red51? so we may reserve your name on our servers for you.

• now we know how to reserve and block names but how do we bann a player?

It depends: Do you want to ban a certain player, or a certain player name? If you want to ban a certain player, there are basically two ways to do that: either put him into the ban list (if he's not on the server, you can use the "offlineban uid" command for that), or alternatively put the user on the blacklist. To use the blacklist, set settings_blacklisted to true, then create a file called "blacklist" or "blacklist.txt" in your server directory. Now you can put multiple player UIDs in this list, either separated by a semicolon (no spaces) or by a new line, for example:

Code

also may we have your uid red51? so we may reserve your name on our servers for you.

Hehe, my UID is 76561197970685866, however, there is no need to reserve the name. Our team names are blocked by default (otherwise people could abuse them too easily) ^^

• I'm still having problems getting server to show after update. X/ I see this at the end of the startup script log

properties file

OK this is weird. I had to do this a few times to check I wasn't going mad. I checked that the properties file had the line "server_query_ip=-1" in it, when the server runs, you look back at this file and the line has been removed. :|

• 1518875740.log

• Still seeing problems with the server lists (Steam and Game). I have tried both setting the server_query_ip both to the same IP as server_ip and setting it to -1. I have a test server that is hosted by GTX and currently with server_query_ip set to -1 (even though server_ip is set to 181.214.149.168), it does show in both the Steam and Game server list and the IP is listed correctly in both lists. On my Artisan's Realm server (Nitrado), I currently have server_query_ip set to -1 (with the server_ip set to 85.190.158.239) but it does not show in either list (this server is port 12600). I have tried also setting the server_query_ip to the server_ip value and still does not get listed. At one point, with the query IP set to the server IP, the server did show in both lists (Steam and Game), but the Steam IP was not correct.

Are there still issues or am I just doing things wrong?

• @red51 Ok an update on getting the server to show on the lists (Steam and Game). For my Nitrado/Linux server, if I left the server_query_ip BLANK then it gets listed in both places but the IP in the Steam list is incorrect. On my GTX/Windows server, if I set the server_query_ip to -1, then it lists in both lists and interestingly the IP is correct in both lists.

Go figure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!