Posts by vinehold

Will there be an option to set the background opacity of the quickslot/hotbar (or is it there already and I just missed it?). There's a rake in slot 5 in this screenshot but it's incredibly difficult to see.

My inventory opens with "E" and my crafting menu with "V". I changed the original settings into my personal favorite keys. You can change the settings under controls.

I also removed the side fold-out tabs.

Yes but when you're in the crafting menu you can't press 'E' to go directly to inventory... can you?

Would it be possible to between the crafting and inventory screens using the relevant key rather than having to click the 'tab' at the side of the screen? For example I have 'i' set to open inventory from world view but can't use it while the crafting window is visible.

Thanks again for the detailed reply. I'll adjust some settings later, see what happens and send a report when I run into the issue. As I mentioned, I'm not really concerned about the cloud issue but I'll fiddle around with that too.

As per my OP I'm running MX Linux without any particular issues running native games or Windows games via Proton. Once I've got RW running at a reasonable level I'll try it with Proton and the same settings for comparison.

Now you mention it, I'm wondering if it could be some input issue. There doesn't seem to be particular lag with in game movement or in the menus except the scroll-wheel is exceptionally laggy when used to traverse the hotbar and, in the setting menu for example, it scrolls the window contents so slowly that it's unusable for that purpose, I end up dragging the scrollbar.

Your CPU and RAM are totally fine, but the bottleneck is the graphics adapter. It is an integrated RX Vega 7 graphics adapter? In this case, it doesn't meet the minium requirements of the game unfortunately :silenced:

Thank you for the detailed reply, I'm afraid I wasted some of your time due to a typo: my card is a Radeon RX570 (ie not integrated and quite adequate I should think at passmark 8097) I've no idea how I ended up typing RX7! Sorry :(

As examples I can run 'No Man's Sky' at high detail levels with good lighting and distant detail eg vegetation, structures etc and that has modifiable terrain although I run it at slightly lower res than my desktop 1920x1080 and voxel based 'Vintage Story' at pretty much max settings at desktop resolution. I'll have a fiddle with various settings later and see what can be done.

With regard to volumetric clouds, I noticed the effect in this screenshot - many have a darkened edge and quite often there's a horizontal band in which the 'shimmering' occurs (look at left edge and near pickaxe head). I'm not at all bothered about having fancy clouds and will happily turn them off completely!

In the new version, I chopped a few trees to the right of the start position. When I approach the tree indicated it 'shimmers' and disappears then reappears roughly when I get to the first boulder. It does the same thing again as I get to the second boulder. What causes this? I can understand it happening maybe once as I get nearer to a tree and it comes into view but why does it happen a second time?

Incidentally, the performance seems much worse on my PC than many comparable 3D games - I have to turn off almost all visual effects but most especially grass which absolutely kills the framerate. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Radeon RX7 8gb, 16gb RAM running MX Linux. Not exactly cutting edge but even lowering the resolution, performance isn't good. Any help/suggestions welcome!

Just noticed (on Linux at least) the slider in the scroll bar on the block bench isn't visible

Also, the time taken to pick up an item, eg a lantern, using the radial menu seems way too long.

Usually it takes some time until the Steam client recognizes a new update (if it was released while your Steam client was already running). You can manually trigger the download by rightclicking on RW in your Steam lib -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game files ;)

Thanks, download just arrived... must go! :D :D

I don't mind having a smaller inventory and expanding it with bags, backpack, etc

Even for really huge loads a cart, which is confirmed anyways.

I didn't realise that was the case, I think it's the best/most realistic option for moving oodles of stone etc.