Posts by Avanar

I know you just released a major update, which is amazing by the way, but any eta for the map update?

maybe make your own thread? ;)

there won´t be any predicted ETA on the next update but based on the infos red is giving us it will be somewhen between now and the next 5 months. info is that future updates won´t take as long as this current one. that one took rougly 6 months, so you can do the math :)

average update frequency since release of unity is approx 4 months btw

ID 200 or ID 702 come pretty close. Coloring with a light or middle gray makes it even better, i think. Textures remain intact.

Or will you not use these anymore now, just because i suggested? ;)

You have a great talent btw. I like your creations very much, especially the dog was really cute. Reminded me of my german sheppard, great memories.

Thanks I'll try playing around with that

you can also add some variety by using different texture-resolutions. I.e. if you use 0 you get a blurry colour, which looks great on a stone-like element if you combine it with others. just play around a bit. it is quite some effort, no doubt

really? how do do change the shape of a block to one that is not in the list?

easy. take a block in an active hot bar slot.

shift + arrow keys / pgup/dn will change the block dimensions

if you activate ALT GR (the key right of the space bar) the top side of the block will turn red. Then you use the same keys to change the dimensions of the surface, giving the block a very unique shape. leave that mode by pressing again ALT GR.

And last but not least... use the ctrl key to hold the block in place and ctrl + arrow keys / pgup/dn to move around the block and maneuver it into the place you want. it can also be used to slide blocks into each other.

And the general shape of the block you can change by right clicking it in your inventory, change shape and you get a whole variety of given shapes.

have fun!

kind of , that still as the the square block feel to it, But you did do a very nice job job.

the only square blocks are those for the floor. which i used really only to have a "grid" to work on. you could build this on any ground, even natural. or blueprint it without the blocks. or put more effort in the blocks so they are not square.

but that hut is only a demonstration. any change with anything else than a "plant" (rocks count as plants) will cause the hut to collabse.

honestly, i think if you want such a hut you could build your own rocks with the blocks. use several shapes, slide them into each other, tinkle a bit with the surface mode to give it an odd shape and at some point you end up with a nice, uneven, natural looking rock. that you can blueprint and use to build a stable version of that hut. takes a lot more effort of course but if its that what you want, it can be done.

In the java version was also shacks, ruins and also pyramids which were buildings, so I see no problem to add buildings which the community created and liked the most. It would be a great varity, quanity and quality. If the community like these buildings, the new players will also like them.

Afaik Red has something like that in mind.

One issue could be though that if playermade buildings would be part of the vanilla version of the game - who would bet he owner? Could they demand a payment or license fees at some point? There are quite some legal questions to be considered, don´t underestimate that.

Just for example - someone is investing hours, days or even weeks and months in building a structure and gladly supports Red by allowing him to include his creation into the world generation and then the game gets a success, for a part because of this creative and detailled structure. Wouldn´t it be more than fair to give a payment to the one who made it? At the very least give credits for it?

But i imagine Red will give us the opportunity to add our own structures into the world generation at some point, even if not included in the vanilla version of RW

Nur ein Vorschlag, weil vielleicht wollt ihr ja alles selbst machen was ich auch verstehen würde:

Red holt euch doch wenigstens bei den Gebäudestrukturen, den Dungeons und Points of interest etwas Hilfe bei der Community. Es gibt so einen schönen Creative Editor in Kombination mit einer kreativen Community. Was man da alles auf Steam zu sehen bekommt an tollen Bauten, Landschaften und anderen Dingen die gebaut wurden. Wäre doch schade, wenn einige davon nicht zugänglich für alle ins Spiel kommen würden...

Ich glaube Red hat genau das vor ;) Er hatte da ein paar Mal etwas angedeutet

Hier mal eine einfache Basisversion, und eine bepflanzte, einer einsamen Insel. Die könnt ihr einfach im Meer platzieren und euch überlegen wie ihr darauf überleben würdet.

Here a simple basic version, and one with plants, of a lonely island. You can just place it in the sea and think about how you would survive on it.

first small thing that has been bothering me- on the multiplayer loading screen, would it be possible to remember my last settings? every time i go to the screen it shows me the servers that are password protected and i have to select the option to only show nonprotected servers. Small thing but a bit annoying.

Second issue i am having is in placing BPs. I like to have the grid active when i initially am placing a bp, but often once the bp is in position i then want to rotate the bp. In order to rotate the bp i must turn off the grid (or the bp will not rotate correctly), but when i turn the grid off the bp jumps into a different position and does not stay where i had moved it with the grid active. I hope you understand my explaination.

both are small issues but thought i would post them here as they may also bother others.

the thing with the grid is that the reason to have it on is to have stuff alligned with it. If you place a blueprint and adjust it manually, then turn on the grid it jumps to the nearest grid-line. that makes sense. if you turn off the grid it should jump back into the original position.

i personally don´t like to work with the grid. it just restricts me in how i am building. the only time i am usually using it is when i place the first block. that helps to work along the grid and not diagonal (which is difficult).

Ja, das verstehe ich auch, Red. Du kannst ja nix für meine persönlichen Erwarungen. Ich werd einfach mal probiern die unteren Höhlen mit einer Blaupause zu kopieren und weiter oben einzufügen. Geht das überhaupt noch? In der Java hattest du mal eingebaut, dass man auch "Leerraum" kopieren konnte.

Du Klugscheißer! Der taugt aber nichts und muß ins HID eingebaut werden und nicht in der Hand gehalten werden. Auch fehlt ne Möglichkeit ein Markierung zu setzen und sich diese entsprechend anzeigen zu lasse ob sie links, rechts, vor oder hinter einem liegt. Gerade wenn man unterirdisch bauen will - Verbindungsgänge zwischen Gebäuden - kommt man nie zielgenau da raus wo man hin will und mittels F3 die Koordinaten sich anzeigen zu lassen ist auch nicht hilfreich.

Boah room, jetzt mal ehrlich. Du stänkerst seit Wochen rum als ob das Spiel nur für dich und nach deinen Wünschen entwickelt werden sollte. Ich bin auch mit dem einen oder anderen unzufrieden, siehst du mich andere Leute als Klugscheisser bezeichnen oder so rummeckern?

Der Kompass funktioniert genau so wie man einen Kompass in RL verwenden würde. In der Hand. Wenn du das im HUD willst, was ich verstehen kann, dann frag einfach mal nett im Pluginforum oder auf dem Discord channel. Vielleich gibts ja jemanden der dir das machen kann. Nur so wie du hier mit Leuten umgehst die hilfreich sein möchten wird das eher nichts.
    Die Koodinaten einblenden lassen ist extrem hilfreich. Das ist in einem Spiel in dem es kein wirkliches Norden/Süden gibt sogar um einiges hilfreicher als der Kompass. Du hast vermutlich nur noch nicht gelernt damit zu navigieren.

Wenn dich das Spiel so frustet ist das nicht gut. Spiel lieber 7D2D wenn du damit besser klarkommst. Es bringt niemandem etwas, vor allem nicht dir, wenn du dich so sehr über ein Spiel oder eine Community ärgerst.

Zum Abschluss noch - mein Thread hat auf Höhlen abgezielt, für deinen persönlichen Wunsch mit dem Kompass mach doch einen eigenen Thread. Wenn möglich ohne Stänkern oder Beleidigungen. Danke

Hey Avanar, ich glaube, das sieht mit der Sicht aufs Ganze immer nach viel aus, aber im normalen Gameplay fand ich es nicht so dramatisch :)

Was mir allerdings nicht so gefiel: In den ariden Regionen haben Höhlen standardmäßig so einen roten Sandstein und die Höhleneingänge stechen dann besonders unnatürlich hervor, wenn sie in Gebieten mit einer anderen Steinsorte sind.

naja, ich baue relativ viel unterirdisch und da würde ich ja dauernd in irgendeinen tunnel reingraben. noch dazu relativ langweilige tunnel. und an der oberfläche hab ich teils in einem kleinen bereich (100x100 blöcke und weniger) mehrere oberirdische Öffnungen. Das ist zu viel, aus meiner Sicht.

Könnte man nicht die tiefer liegenden Höhlen auch näher an der Oberfläche einbauen? Das fände ich um einiges sinniger als diese komischen Wurmtunnel

Die Höhlen auf den höheren Ebenen sind tatsächlich überwiegend wie die aus der Java Version (also optisch) :saint: Leider haben wir es zeitlich nicht mehr geschafft, andere Höhlenarten zu implementieren... aber grundsätzlich steht der Weg dafür für künftige Updates offen ^^ Anders als in der Java Version können wir da relativ viel machen, ohne bestehende Welten zu schrotten.

Die Menge der Höhlen ist tatsächlich sehr viel, mit dem letzten Hotfix haben wir das etwas reduziert (betrifft aber leider nicht bestehende Inseln). Wahrscheinlich braucht das noch mehr Anpassung (ggf. sonst auch eine Option, um zu regeln, wieviele Höhlen man haben möchte)^^

Red, du meinst es nur gut, das weiss ich - aber... ich glaub das is imme rnoch sehr viel ;)

ich bin jetzt anderthalb Stunden durch ne neue Welt gereist, es gibt KEINE Biome, es gibt keine Karte und keinen Kompass im HUD so das man immer noch komplett ohne Plan durch die Welt reist

ich starte wieder 7D2D

dann mach halt :) bist etwas bockig heute morgen?

hier die beweise :)

P.S. einen Kompass kannst du dir herstellen

du musst einfach etwas mehr reisen. hab verschiedene seeds ausprobiert und bin öfter mal in einer eisigen landschaft gespawnt, wenn ich etwas umhergeflogen bin kam auch ein wüstenbiom oder eben das bekannte milde klimabiom

red51 - ich hatte, um ehrlich zu sein, etwas anderes bei den Höhlen erwartet. Eher einzelne größere Kavernen, die durch Tunnel verbunden sind. Das was jetzt da ist sind eher die Höhlen aus der Java, nur mit geringerem Durchmesser. Aber okay, die tiefer liegenden Höhlen sind wirklich toll und die Hölle ist spitze!

Nur... habt ihr es da nicht etwas übertrieben? :lol: