Posts by Trillnar

There are More and more of these types of games coming out, All have their unique things about them. Are the others any Better ? I Just say they are different. They all have their own unique features. There are a lot of new building games coming out.

While we are waiting for more updates, Another Building Game has entered the arena.

Alchemist's Awakening was just released on steam , Like rising world it contains animals, Building and one other thing, You can create life. It is well worth watching the you tube videos and having a look at the steam page. I put it on my wish list to see how it goes.

Astral terra is also doing great. The biomes in this game are darn near photo realistic, however the Building and terraforming are not there yet.

Blockscape seems to be headed in a mind craft direction and Metaverse was such a let down.

If you visit a multiplayer server, Rising world creates a world folder on your hd. After you log off an empty folder is still there . If one were going to save temp data locally, It would be best to use some kind of temp folder instead of the name of the world on the server.

Wow! There are a tons of objects in the assets folder not yet implemented. it's making me really excited over here. It looks like several other animals in addition to the horse are modeled but none are spawnable yet. I'll have to just be patient.

I also agree with Trilnar, Rising World is coming along very nicely and its going to look just stunning when its all done.

I was playing with that a bit, got some very interesting results . I got one of those animals to spawn in sheeps textures , then the game crashed . That kind of messing around is not for the faint of heart :)

There is already a horse model in the game, I found it while searching through the assets. Single players are really going to need the random towns or buildings. Blockscape already does random castles and buildings. The Biomes also need work. My Idea of what rising world should look like actually lies in the game Astral terra . It generates the most beautiful biomes I have ever seen. However Astral terra's Building and terrain editing leave a lot to be desired.

Red has done a great job with rising world so far and I am sure the world will look as beautiful as astral terra in the future.

I wish I could combine the beauty of Astral terra and the building ,terrain editing and harvesting of rising world. then we would have a real winner.

I am sure that the biomes will get a facelift in the future. In any case the future still looks bright :)

It took 4 tries for me to go from windows 7 to windows 10, on the 4th try I reformatted my hard drive and started over (I backed up all my data ) It worked fine. For some reason when you Just update, a lot of old drivers and incompatible dll's are left behind. That is what causes some software to crash.

You need to go to compatibility mode and turn off the font scaling. Then the buttons will work

Try the following.
    Remove and reinstall 64 bit java.
    If it still does not run. Go to an admin Command Prompt and type sfc /scannow
    This will check to be sure your windows libraries are not corrupted.

Uninstall the game , Go into the steam files / common and remove the Rising world directory (It leaves stuff behind even after an uninstall ) then reinstall the game from scratch. Before you reinstall the game turn off the betas and be sure you have the latest 64 bit version of java installed.

To Change the speed of the day in a Single player game, Edit the Config file. TO change the game speed find this line

game_time_speed=3.75

The Default is 1.75. I run at 3.75. The larger the number the slower the clock moves.

There really should be no difference. A wood beam just has a different texture then a block, technically what difference does it make if it looks like wood or stone. I do not think the wood beams are voxels but rather objects . Anyhow if you just retexture the wood beams they should be able to look like anything.

I had the chance to explore a number of servers in multiplayer this week. I was impressed with the number of great builds I was seeing and the hard work that went into a lot of these worlds.
    I also got to see the darker side of things. Most of the server admins I ran into were great and helpful and others, well they were just jerks. This is bound to happen as some people just want to to be that way. It is their server to run as they see fit.

I do not build in multiplayer. Why ? We do not even have water or all of the biomes yet. The world is going to change over and over for the foreseeable future. I save all of my building for my own private single player world where I can create anything with the creative mode. I noticed most of the servers have creative mode and terraforming turned off. So be it. At this point in time I consider all data temporary as Rising world is going to go through massive changes and most people are going to have to start over anyway. This should all be considered as a preview to the real thing later this year or next. Rising world's development is a low and slow process. It will take a while before everything is done. The good thing about this is that it is more stable that way.

I also noticed a lot of the servers have blueprints turned off. That really is a shame.

Anyhow for now, I treat multiplayer as a place to visit, not a place to build a dream place only to have it disappear because a server operator gets bored or does not want to bother with it anymore. In multiplayer you have only the control an admin chooses to give you and you only have access as long as the server stays up. If you want to build that dream world, I prefer my own private world where I have total control of what happens.

I do think some of the bigger multi player worlds are great and I really enjoy visiting them.

Since the biome update the game has been randomly crashing to desktop no error message is displayed. Attached is the error log.
    All drivers are up to date

This does not happen every time I run the game. It seems to be random.

Video card is an NVidia Gtx750. System is an I7 with 16gb ram

I am going to take a swat at this because I have windows 10. Try uninstalling the 64 bit Java and reinstalling it . But before you do that uninstall rising world , . Try reinstalling java 64 bit and then rising world . After you reinstall Rising world , before you run it set compatibility mode for rising world to disable font resizing and try to re run it. If that does not fix it do the step below.

From a admin command prompt in windows 10 ( Run cmd as an admin) type sfc /scannow
    This will check to see if windows has a bad DLL or system file. It takes a wile to run.

ya, for now. I do hope Red51 eventually changes it so static shall changed into realistic water later, or we may be once again forced to map hope. Shall be fine for we shouldn't get too attached to our maps yet. All testing & such.

There is really no reason static water cant be in now . It is basically just a texture like snow. The only difference is that snow is solid and water would be more of a transparent voxel rather then solid. The biomes are still missing canyons and gorges . The best example I can give is to look at the way Astral terra generates its biomes. They really look great. These biomes were a great start. Deserts need rock formations and the granite mountains could be snowcapped.