First playable version now available!

• I'm using a good gaming computer with high speed internet, but the demo is completely unplayable for me due to lag and extreme blurring every time I move my head. When I hold still, the scenery is beautiful, but I'm getting worried that I'll no longer be able to play this game at all once the new version is the only one available. This is the only game that I'm having this issue with.

Also...are we supposed to be able to access our inventory in the demo? Or craft anything at all, such as a workbench or a campfire? If so, I'm unclear how to access them in this version.

• I'm using a good gaming computer with high speed internet, but the demo is completely unplayable for me due to lag and extreme blurring every time I move my head. When I hold still, the scenery is beautiful, but I'm getting worried that I'll no longer be able to play this game at all once the new version is the only one available. This is the only game that I'm having this issue with.

I'm sorry to hear that! :( Could you maybe share some hardware information about your machine? If your computer meets the minimum requirements of the game, you should at least be able to play the game with good framerates on low settings.

The blurriness, however, could be caused by motion blur. It's getting intense in case of lags, but you can disable it in the graphics settings.

Also...are we supposed to be able to access our inventory in the demo? Or craft anything at all, such as a workbench or a campfire? If so, I'm unclear how to access them in this version.

You can open the inventory by pressing tab, but unfortunately crafting isn't implemented yet. However, you can either pickup the objects in the scene (like the campfires or furniture), or spawn them via console commands.

• Hi there Red51, I asked If The new version of Rising world would be available to play in VR so I can use my Oculus Quest 2. I read your reply thank you for that.

What I meant was, is there any chance I can play this on my Oculus Quest 2 as a PC VR game, I have virtual Desktop on my quest 2 which lets me play PC VR games using the Oculus 2 headset as a screen and the games are streamed from my pc to the headset. Makes total sense what you said about the graphics capabilities of the quest 2, I should have been more clear.

I wasn't looking for a Quest 2 VR version of Rising World. What I wondered is will you add a VR mode so I can load the new Rising World version on my pc and use Virtual desktop and use the oculus quest 2 controllers whilst in VR. I have played Elite Dangerous and The Forest which are Pc games and played them wirelessly on my Quest 2 using Virtual Desktop they are streamed over WIFI to the headset. The most important thing would be use of the Quest 2 controllers while streaming from my PC to the headset as I can not see my keyboard or mouse or even the buttons on a bluetooth controller.

The new Rising World version would be so good as a PCVR game.

Thank you.

• Mattuk56 Oh I see! Thanks for the clarification! Yes, that should be possible, but unfortunately I can't say much about that yet since we haven't started working on VR support yet... currently we don't have a Quest 2 (which would be required to support it properly), but if the sales of RW improve once the new version is a bit more fleshed out, we could work on a VR version :)

• Btw, a small update for the new version is now available ;) It should fix some of the issues the first release had - for instance the paint roller should work now. We've also fixed issues with native libs on Mac and Linux, but if you still encounter any issues, please let us know!

Changelog 2020-12-17 (0.1.1):

• [New] Add "report" command to send a report (containing hardware specs and a screenshot)
    • [Change] View adjustment (in graphics settings) are now also accessible from main menu
    • [Bugfix] Paint roller should now work properly
    • [Bugfix] Fix crash when entering creative mode after reloading a world
    • [Bugfix] Fix Steam screenshots being triggered multiple times
    • [Bugfix] Add new native libraries for Mac and Linux (this should fix launch issues on some machines)
    • [Bugfix] Fix labels in view adjustment settings dialog
  • :D Great. What's the thinking behind displaying all steam friends on the title page, even if they don't own RW?

Good question :D The main problem is that we cannot reliably find out which friends actually own the game (unless they're playing RW). At least the list gets sorted properly (so friends playing RW will always be shown at the top), but maybe we can add some filter options for the friends list ^^

• Good question :D The main problem is that we cannot reliably find out which friends actually own the game (unless they're playing RW). At least the list gets sorted properly (so friends playing RW will always be shown at the top), but maybe we can add some filter options for the friends list ^^

I see. Would players hang around on that screen to see who was playing though when they can see that info in the Steam friends list? At least they make it a little more interactive/live. Personally I find title/intro/main menu screens just a barrier to the action after I've seen them once. Maybe I'm just very impatient :D

• red51 you guys did an amazing job! All those months waiting for the demo was definitely worth it! I believe you guys deserve a break...sometimes you need to rest to reach your best potential!

I speak for everyone when I say thank you for all your hard work you and KingGenius put into this Demo!

I can't wait to see what new features are yet to come of this fine work of art!

Also, I hope you and KingGenius have a very merry Christmas!

• Would players hang around on that screen to see who was playing though when they can see that info in the Steam friends list?

Oh, the main idea behind the friends list is that you can use it to join the game of other players directly (without having to switch to the Steam friendlist) ^^ Of course that doesn't work at the moment, since the multiplayer isn't ready yet. But basically it will be like the friend list in the Java version^^

Personally I find title/intro/main menu screens just a barrier to the action after I've seen them once. Maybe I'm just very impatient

If you're always playing on the same world (or on the same multiplayer server in the future), you could set the Game_ConnectTo option in the config.properties file (e.g. Game_ConnectTo=New World) - then the game skips the main menu ^^

Actually you can also skip the loading screen by setting Game_SkipLoading to true - although that's only helpful when using fly mode (otherwise you'll be frozen anyway until the world is generated)

Haha, the paintroller works now and everything I attempted to paint is now all random colors. :lol:

Hehe, glad to hear it works now :lol:

Also, I hope you and KingGenius have a very merry Christmas!

Thanks a lot for your kind words! :) I hope you have a Merry Christmas too! :thumbup:

• My paintroller is painting everything black/dark brown. Is there a way to configure it?

Currently there are just some hard-coded colors, but you can change them by pressing the right mouse button :) In the future, there will be various dyes (and, in creative mode, you will be able to set arbitrary rgb colors)

• Currently there are just some hard-coded colors, but you can change them by pressing the right mouse button :) In the future, there will be various dyes (and, in creative mode, you will be able to set arbitrary rgb colors)

Oh, fun! Is there a way to remove paint from an item?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!