Weather + smoke

• I did heavy snow weather, seem bit foggy in the house. At night with the snow, I notice by the fireplace is bit darker than by the torches. Also I notice the smoke rising through the bricks. How high or below the the weather effects will go. Like if you are in the cave, does the fog goes in the cave for depth.

For cold/snow/fog would be interesting on the glass.

Can snow cover anything outside including on chairs or benches?

So far weather is nice. Wondering if you can mix weather effects like overcast with rain/snow/fog.

• I did heavy snow weather, seem bit foggy in the house

Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to prevent fog from being visible inside buildings without killing the performance :| The Java version was already suffering from the same issue... we do have some plans to improve that part a bit though.

Also I notice the smoke rising through the bricks

That will be fixed in the near future ^^

How high or below the the weather effects will go. Like if you are in the cave, does the fog goes in the cave for depth

Weather effects will no longer be visible if you're getting closer to the orbit ^^ Proper transitions are still missing though, since we don't have any clouds yet.

For the lower bounds, the fog goes away if you're entering the cave layer (in fact fog doesn't really go away, it's being replace by the "cave fog" - like in the Java version).

Can snow cover anything outside including on chairs or benches?

No, unfortunately snow can only cover terrain and plants (and rocks). If we want to find out if an object is exposed to sky this would have a considerable impact on performance - especially when it comes to construction elements (considering several buildings consist of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of construction elements) :(

Stuff like that would be way easier to implement in a static, pre-generated world :D

So far weather is nice. Wondering if you can mix weather effects like overcast with rain/snow/fog.

We were tinkering with some weather effects like sleet, but the results weren't satisfying so far ^^ However, two different weather effects are actually active whenever the game changes to a new weather effect. For instance, if it's currently snowing and you type weather densefog into console, the game slowly blends between snowy weather and dense fog

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!