Update 0.2.1: Glass, creative mode tools and more

• Hey folks,

This update introduces various glass panes and a total of 19 glass textures, as well as lots of bugfixes and Quality-of-Life changes.

Construction elements now spawn debris when destroying them (this can be disabled), and we've also reworked the grid (G) for the building tools (it's now similar to the grid in the Java version). Speaking of building tools, when placing multiple blocks on a row, you can now change the gap between the elements. It's also possible to assign names to your size presets, and we've changed the pivot size for very small elements.

We've also added removal tools for the creative mode (F7) - this helps you to remove trees, objects or construction elements in no time. You can also enable the good ol' creative mode light (L). If desired, you can change the light intensity in the settings.

If you want to create an equirectangular image (360° image), try out the "panorama" command - it works properly now.

Apart from these things, we've also made some changes when it comes to the graphics: We've fixed a few issues with certain construction textures, the ambient occlusion effect is improved, shadows get properly updated whenever the environment is modified, and the game can now handle direct specular reflections, which improves the visual appearance of reflective and wet surfaces (e.g. during rain).

specular1.jpg

specular3.jpg

specular4.jpg

Last but not least there are some other, smaller changes and several bugfixes. Find the full changelog below. We're currently working on Multiplayer, which includes P2P support ("Play with friends" option) and dedicated servers. We'll provide more information about that soon, so stay tuned!

PS: The panes are basically compatible with any texture. You can get it with any texture by typing "item pane" into console. We're thinking about making the pane available for every texture in the regular crafting menu - for instance, it's very suitable for things like wallpapers (and in this case also provides better performance)

Changelog 2021-06-21 (0.2.1):

• [New] Added 19 glass textures
    • [New] Added 6 different glass panes (construction shapes)
    • [New] Construction elements now spawn proper debris when destroying them
    • [New] Added new grid for building tools (similar to the grid in the Java version)
    • [New] When placing multiple blocks in a row, you can now change the gap between them
    • [New] Added specular reflections to items and the environment
    • [New] Block texture selection categories are now collapsible (default state can be set in options)
    • [New] Added creative mode light (L) (intensity can be changed in settings)
    • [New] Added creative mode removal tools (F7)
    • [New] You can now assign names to your building size presets (see building menu)
    • [New] Added quality settings for ambient occlusion effect
    • [New] Screenshots now optionally include the HUD and UI (can be changed in settings)
    • [New] Panini projection can now be changed in graphics settings ("view adjustment")
    • [Change] "panorama" command (to create panorama screenshots) no longer includes player arms
    • [Change] Disabling building marker no longer hides block count numbers
    • [Change] Reduced pivot size for small elements
    • [Change] Changed alignment of some building textures
    • [Change] Creative mode terrain flatten tool (return key) level no longer resets if distance is too great
    • [Change] Projectiles now deal damage to construction elements (depending on material)
    • [Change] You no longer get kicked from a singleplayer game for using an invalid player name
    • [Change] It's no longer possible to shoot with a firearm while sprinting
    • [Change] Updated Unity version (2021.1.11f1)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed certain construction textures appearing pixelated if directly lit
    • [Bugfix] Fixed seams between cylinders and hollow cylinders
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong surface offset on flipped/mirrored construction elements
    • [Bugfix] Fixed underground blocks not loading properly in certain situations
    • [Bugfix] Fixed motion blur causing issues on screenshots and panorama screenshots
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with object gravity (objects breaking for no apparent reason etc)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sporadically missing collide sounds of felled trees
    • [Bugfix] Changing visibility of creative mode toolbar works properly now
    • [Bugfix] Changing the shadow view distance in the settings work properly now
    • [Bugfix] Placing or removing construction elements now properly updates shadows of nearby lights

Changelog 2021-06-22:

• [Change] Rain and snow is now visible behind glass panes
    • [Change] Changed tiling for leaded glass textures (id 860 and 861), now they align to the pane size
    • [Bugfix] Fixed grass not being occluded properly by construction elements
    • [Bugfix] Fixed glass texture id 891 being way too reflective for sunlight
  • Thank you Red51 for implanting 2 of the things that I asked for both of which are great additions,

when placing multiple elements on a row, you can now change the gap between the elements ( if anyone is interested you can change the size of gap by the "move precision" under the radial menu" :thumbup:

Oh and the glass textures are not too bad either :P:P:P:P:thumbup:, I have noticed that the mouse input seems a little slow? nothing to write home about but it is noticeable (in-game) menus feel ok

• Thanks for your feedback! ^^

The rain is not visible through the window.

This is on our to-do list :D Sorting transparent elements (including rain) is always a bit tricky (especially if we want to avoid a negative performance impact), but we're working on a solution for that.

I have noticed that the mouse input seems a little slow? nothing to write home about but it is noticeable (in-game) menus feel ok

Oh, could you elaborate on that? =O Do you mean the view/camera movement with the mouse?

• Thanks for your feedback! ^^

This is on our to-do list :D Sorting transparent elements (including rain) is always a bit tricky (especially if we want to avoid a negative performance impact), but we're working on a solution for that.

Oh, could you elaborate on that? =O Do you mean the view/camera movement with the mouse?

No it's just the inventory at the bottom of the screen when using the mouse scroll wheel, it feels like there is about a second delay, all other menus are fine, but like I said its not a big thing

• No it's just the inventory at the bottom of the screen when using the mouse scroll wheel, it feels like there is about a second delay, all other menus are fine, but like I said its not a big thing

Oh, you mean when changing the item? Yeah, this is indeed very slow and not responsive. It's on our to-do list, we will definitely fix that :)

• A new mini update is now available btw, which introduces some minor changes and fixes.

Note: Tiling for leaded glass textures has been slightly changed, this also affects panes which were already placed in your world using these particular textures (id 860 + 861). In most cases this is not a big issue, but your panes may now look slightly different.

Changelog 2021-06-22:

• [Change] Rain and snow is now visible behind glass panes
    • [Change] Changed tiling for leaded glass textures (id 860 and 861), now they align to the pane size
    • [Bugfix] Fixed grass not being occluded properly by construction elements
    • [Bugfix] Fixed glass texture id 891 being way too reflective for sunlight
  • Is there a link to download the 2021-06-21 (0.2.1) version or patch for the stand alone game please.

You can get the update through the new launcher (i.e. the same launcher that is used since the December demo) :) If you don't have the new standalone launcher yet, you can download it here (see "Rising World - New Version Windows" [or Mac or Linux]): https://shop.rising-world.net/…-rising-world-standalone/

If you run the launcher, it should automatically check for updates (at least if you have an active internet connection and if it's not blocked by a firewall). Just make sure to put the launcher into a separate folder, so it does not interfere with the Java version ^^

• With the new building system allowing you to drag construction elements when placing them in 3D, I find myself accidentally making mistakes like this. I tried to make a single thin layer of wooden boards on the roof. However I then went into the underneath room to discover that I accidentally placed like 50 layers of the thin boards instead of 1, and I now have thousands and thousands of elements to slowly deconstruct with my pickaxe......

Is there an easy way to limit the dragging to just one axis (as it is with blocks in java) when placing to avoid this issue? So we could do a single horizontal layer for example. If not that would be a very handy feature IMO. Also is there any fast way to clear this mess? This will take hours with a pickaxe.....

• With the new building system allowing you to drag construction elements when placing them in 3D, I find myself accidentally making mistakes like this. I tried to make a single thin layer of wooden boards on the roof. However I then went into the underneath room to discover that I accidentally placed like 50 layers of the thin boards instead of 1, and I now have thousands and thousands of elements to slowly deconstruct with my pickaxe......

Is there an easy way to limit the dragging to just one axis (as it is with blocks in java) when placing to avoid this issue? So we could do a single horizontal layer for example. If not that would be a very handy feature IMO. Also is there any fast way to clear this mess? This will take hours with a pickaxe.....

Yes, in the settings you can configure this.

But since the last patch there's also a tool for creative mode to delete construction elements. That will do fine for you here

• For glass blocks, notice a few things. Even out of build mode or holding other things beside blocks or similar there is lines for each block.Would be nice if the lines can disappear to make a glass wall, stairs, ceiling, or roof...or anything else like glass block well. For end result looks like 1 giant piece of glass and not each block.

I notice that if you glass block by stained glass block, looking through the glass shows up like clear glass block. Also the stained glass block looks like it does not let light through it.

For glass panels, they will not stack on top or line up over a wall. Example I did round blocks like log cabin but have gap between round blocks sideways. I try to use glass panels to seal the gap but only to put together touching the ground. Also to give the round blocks shiny affect. Only works if has a base and not floating.

• For glass blocks, notice a few things. Even out of build mode or holding other things beside blocks or similar there is lines for each block.Would be nice if the lines can disappear to make a glass wall, stairs, ceiling, or roof...or anything else like glass block well. For end result looks like 1 giant piece of glass and not each block.

I notice that if you glass block by stained glass block, looking through the glass shows up like clear glass block. Also the stained glass block looks like it does not let light through it.

For glass panels, they will not stack on top or line up over a wall. Example I did round blocks like log cabin but have gap between round blocks sideways. I try to use glass panels to seal the gap but only to put together touching the ground. Also to give the round blocks shiny affect. Only works if has a base and not floating.

To be honest i don't understand much of your point :verysad:

However if you want gaps between blocks you can

1. Just leave a tiny space between them when placing. Since last patch you can drag - drop with gaps in between by using +/- key before placing the row

Or

2. Just place the glass and then take a thin block and mark the lines yourself and by that give the impression of separate glass blocks

• Avanar Here is the 2 pictures which shows what I am talking about. First picture show the lines in the glass block...made sure I was not holding anything. The second picture shows the glass block blocking the stain glass block. Makes look clear but no light can pass through it.

The rounds blocks still need to try that out.

• Avanar Here is the 2 pictures which shows what I am talking about. First picture show the lines in the glass block...made sure I was not holding anything. The second picture shows the glass block blocking the stain glass block. Makes look clear but no light can pass through it.

The rounds blocks still need to try that out.

These lines are result of missing face culling in Unity Rising World. As new Rising World uses more different shapes with rotations & scaling it will be hard to implement face culling (but it will be good for performance). So, at this moment the best solution is just to scale element to size that you need instead of making many small-sized elements

• Silverspeedy Hi and welcome to Rising World,

Like Avanar suggested instead of using blocks use the pane and resize that element to the size that you need, to do this is very easy:

1) After you have selected the style that you like a separate box will pop up with all different shapes select the 1st on (panel)

2) All you now need to do is to make that panel bigger by holding down your left shift key and using the arrow keys to the size that you need.

Hope this helps you out

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!