Update 0.4.5: Blueprints and chests

• Thanks for the report! There was no specific error so it could be indeed related to the storage issue... we're currently preparing a hotfix for that, if you still experience the issue after the hotfix, please let me know :)

In the latest hotfix chests and barrels works fine, they don't crash game on exit and save content fine, thank you :)

• Hehe, well, I guess that will likely change after the world gen update, when more people probably start playing the game again ^^ Most people indeed play creative mode right now, but tbh, unfortunately the survival part hasn't much to offer yet... but that will definitely change sooner or later :)

Yup. Hopefully we'll start seeing more and more survival related bugs and glitches then. That's when I'm going to jump in with force. Though, happy I've found it (the bug) sooner than later.

That's true, though things still have to be tested. Even if I'm wording it sternly I'm actually quite loose in this. People will misunderstand me, just happy we can squash sooner than later.

Alright, time for round 2 of testing. I also have two things to forward to you from the Discord group

Food for thought and a bug/glitch.

• Alright, time for round 2 of testing. I also have two things to forward to you from the Discord group

Thanks for forwarding this! The collision detection for object placement is indeed a bit problematic in general atm (that's what's causing the issue with the canopy), but that's on our to-do list :)

About the world generation, we have plans for different settings regarding the island sizes, but unfortunately I can't say much about that yet :saint:

• Thanks for forwarding this! The collision detection for object placement is indeed a bit problematic in general atm (that's what's causing the issue with the canopy), but that's on our to-do list :)

About the world generation, we have plans for different settings regarding the island sizes, but unfortunately I can't say much about that yet :saint:

You're welcome :)

Nice. Glad we caught that. I did notice something like that for the crafting update, must have slipped my memory many times.

Nice. Guess we'll see what you have planned when we get there.

-------

Finally gotten around to playing with blueprints finding the necessary folder, the blueprints, and even coming across some Skyrim blueprints. I however have a new issue not figuring out how to ascend and lower blueprints into the terrain. I forgot how to do so, or it was changed.

Time to make a blueprint settlement with other people. Once I figure out how to do this I can then play around with the Titanic and Olympic blueprint someone made. I still need to make a video about that. :thumbup:

• Finally gotten around to playing with blueprints finding the necessary folder, the blueprints, and even coming across some Skyrim blueprints. I however have a new issue not figuring out how to ascend and lower blueprints into the terrain. I forgot how to do so, or it was changed.

It's a bit similar to how it worked in the Java version, you have to enable manual placement first by pressing the left mouse button (alternatively the right ctrl key also works), then use the up/down arrows to move the blueprint up or down :)

• Another small hotfix is now available, introducing a few minor fixes and improvements regarding the blueprint and crafting menu :) It's just a client update, so there is no need to update multiplayer servers.

Hotfix 2022-02-02:

• [New] Rightclicking on the "Blueprints" node at the blueprint table allows you to open the folder on your hard drive
    • [Change] Blueprint table now shows message if no blueprints are available
    • [Change] When changing crafting categories, recipes now remember whether or not they were collapsed before
    • [Change] Crafting menu now properly applies the "Collapse Crafting Categories" setting (see misc settings)
    • [Change] Entries in blueprint menu will now also be collapsed if there are any subfolders available (depending on settings)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed construction elements sometimes not being generated (if building view distance was too low)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed noisy reflections in certain situations
    • [Bugfix] Fixed remaining issues with noclip command and setting
    • [Bugfix] Workbench is now also accessible through the radial menu
  • I was checking out the newest Unity version, and I can only craft one bandage at a time, and I can't change the quantity. Lots of items in the crafting menu can only be crafted one at a time, so I gave up trying to list them all.

• I was checking out the newest Unity version, and I can only craft one bandage at a time, and I can't change the quantity. Lots of items in the crafting menu can only be crafted one at a time, so I gave up trying to list them all.

That's indeed something we still have to address :saint: Right now bandage stacks are limited to 1 item (and for those items the crafting menu limits the max count to 1), that doesn't make much sense, so we will definitely change that ;)

• Having more issues with this update.

1) Inventory wiped clean.

I may have interacted with the chest putting everything in it, exited the game. I then booted the game up next day finding my inventory is wiped while the chest has items in there. They may be character storage issues.

This image is taken after the fact (1:11 am vs 7:15 pm), though shows my issue. I'm unsure how to obtain starter tools. My storage chest seems to store everything. It may be character related or storage related.

--------------

2) Splint Issues:

Not really a bug; Noted as feedback by this person. Forwarding this to you.

--------

Now to try to find my way around the inventory disappearing on me, or even replicating it.

• I may have interacted with the chest putting everything in it, exited the game. I then booted the game up next day finding my inventory is wiped while the chest has items in there. They may be character storage issues.

Oh, that's not supposed to happen :wat: If that happens again, maybe you could send us a report? To do that, open the console (key ~ or `) and type "report", and maybe add a small note (like "inventory wiped"), then we can take a closer look at this issue :monocle:

Not really a bug; Noted as feedback by this person. Forwarding this to you.

Yeah, the splint handling is similar to the Java version atm, but I agree that it probably makes sense to change the behaviour a bit (at least reduce the time it takes until the bone is fully healed) ;)

Just tried the new update and everything seems to work great most things carried over give or take I did notice a couple of differences in some of the blocks but that's nothing to worry about

Looks great! :) :thumbup: Some textures are indeed a bit different, because we don't have a proper replacement for all Java textures (so the game tries to pick the most suitable texture instead) ^^

• Oh, that's not supposed to happen :wat: If that happens again, maybe you could send us a report? To do that, open the console (key ~ or `) and type "report", and maybe add a small note (like "inventory wiped"), then we can take a closer look at this issue :monocle:

If it does happen I'll try to make note of it. I'm assuming I press some key which may have signaled the game to purge the inventory. Is there a key for such a thing? The game was booting up, it hung a bit and I was trying to look around while trying to move. Other than that, I'm unsure. I did mention the chest swapping before joining back in. It's either one, or the either, or neither being completely something else.

I'm honestly glad and thankful I can finally explore this Titanic in RWU. I'm even thankful I can do the whole 'Undo' portion. I'm however bothered by the fact I can't get rid of the bow having to manually remove it by hand which is bothersome.

Then there is the case of the blueprint table not reading files properly in their folder.

Basically that Mtcottage should be in the main blueprints folder with gentry.

Mine contains my jukebox from Java when we had the jukebox plugin. New Folder for a ship I forgot I downloaded, Random is all sorts of blueprints, Skyrim is for Skyrim, and etc. The files have a habit of being reading read in the wrong folder.

• I'm assuming I press some key which may have signaled the game to purge the inventory. Is there a key for such a thing?

There is a command "clearinventory" though, but other than that, there is no key to purge the inventory...

The only situation the game clears the inventory automatically is when an invalid item was detected, or more precisely, when the serialized inventory data is corrupted :thinking:

I'm however bothered by the fact I can't get rid of the bow having to manually remove it by hand which is bothersome.

Oh, could you elaborate on that? :wat: If that was part of the blueprint, it should be covered by the undo command?

Basically that Mtcottage should be in the main blueprints folder with gentry.

Looks correct on the image - according to the screenshot, MtCottage is indeed in the main "Blueprints" folder. The "Mine" folder is collapsed (if the small arrow on the left shows to the right, it indicates that the folder is collapsed - to expand it, just click on that arrow). It just appears above the "MtCottage" blueprint due to the alphabetical sorting ^^

Red, Players have the opportunity to create their own blueprint galleries without taking up a lot of space and the danger of high ping.! Fine!

Thanks for your feedback :) But please keep in mind that mini versions of buildings are still as resource intensitve as the larger counterpart ^^

• There is a command "clearinventory" though, but other than that, there is no key to purge the inventory...

The only situation the game clears the inventory automatically is when an invalid item was detected, or more precisely, when the serialized inventory data is corrupted :thinking:

I'm going to assume it may have been an 'inventory data is corrupted' bit. Something happened somewhere relating to my handling of the storage chest, the torches, blocks, or whatever.

I sadly can only assume. I have to wait for the next happening to occur.

Oh, could you elaborate on that? :wat: If that was part of the blueprint, it should be covered by the undo command?

As you can see in the image I was able to add section 1 and Section 2 of the Titanic. I accidentally enlarged section 2, snapped it together to then realize I can hit 'undo' in the command prompt. I was able to get rid of the 'Section 2', just not 'Section 1' with the command prompt complaining it was invalid. I'm now having to manually sledgehammer the bow apart manually. It allowed me to get rid of 'Section 2', just not 'section 1'. You can see in the image I had to place the bow again next to the error to then form the actual Titanic.

Human error mixed with command error.

If we can have a pop out menu when we type 'Undo' we could select what we want to undo. That would be very helpful. I spent a good hour sledgehammering still needing to get rid of the bow.

• I'm not sure what can cause this issue (large amount of elements or large amount of lights), but sometimes when you move you can get huge FPS drops (up to 1-3 FPS), then it will become stable again after some seconds (60, I have V-SYNC). Looks like this happens when character travel for certain distance, probably when he changing chunk

• I'm going to assume it may have been an 'inventory data is corrupted' bit. Something happened somewhere relating to my handling of the storage chest, the torches, blocks, or whatever.
    I sadly can only assume. I have to wait for the next happening to occur.

That's weird... if that happens again, maybe send a report, that will probably contain more information about what's going on ^^

As you can see in the image I was able to add section 1 and Section 2 of the Titanic. I accidentally enlarged section 2, snapped it together to then realize I can hit 'undo' in the command prompt. I was able to get rid of the 'Section 2', just not 'Section 1' with the command prompt complaining it was invalid. I'm now having to manually sledgehammer the bow apart manually. It allowed me to get rid of 'Section 2', just not 'section 1'. You can see in the image I had to place the bow again next to the error to then form the actual Titanic.

What did the command prompt claim exactly? Was it a message like "No more undo steps to perform"?

If that happens again, a report would also be very helpful :) But as sharkbitefischer mentioned, you can also use the F7 removal tools in creative mode to easily get rid of large amounts of construction elements.

If we can have a pop out menu when we type 'Undo' we could select what we want to undo. That would be very helpful

Yes, that's definitely planned ;)

I'm not sure what can cause this issue (large amount of elements or large amount of lights), but sometimes when you move you can get huge FPS drops (up to 1-3 FPS), then it will become stable again after some seconds (60, I have V-SYNC). Looks like this happens when character travel for certain distance, probably when he changing chunk

Hmm... unless something else is going on (e.g. a bug we're not aware of), it could be either caused by many lights (e.g. 100 lights or more within a small area), or when the game loads several buildings consisting of lots of construction elements (e.g. 1,000,000 parts or more) :thinking: Does it happen randomly, or is it reproducible at a specific location in your world?

• Hmm... unless something else is going on (e.g. a bug we're not aware of), it could be either caused by many lights (e.g. 100 lights or more within a small area), or when the game loads several buildings consisting of lots of construction elements (e.g. 1,000,000 parts or more) :thinking: Does it happen randomly, or is it reproducible at a specific location in your world?

Looks like random, I can get it in a world with small amount of lights and constructions, but when amount of light and constructions are large it become more noticeable. On previous version same world didn't give any such lag spikes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!