Terrain healing in Unity

• i have never experienced/witnessed terrain 'healing' O.o

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• No, the actual ground/mountains.

Was quite awhile ago now but I recall Red saying (in JAVA) that lower tier ore veins would regrow after a time which would mean the surrounding earth as well.

I never worked on a project long enough to confirm or deny but some voice in my head took that to mean the earth with no ore would also regrow/heal eventually, though Im thinking it through as I write this and realizing Im likely mistaken.

Anyway, I started an intensive terraform project in Unity and had a fear it would eventually wreck itself. *shrugs

• thats the first time i hear this. but there was a bug in java that allowed you to "regrow" veins when you manually fill them with rock again. that wasn´t on purpose though

• Many of us have done that too. I personal hope that we can blueprint our hard terrain work. ^^

oh yeah, it would be so cool to be able to save terrain modifications too! i heard we're getting a block that can be sculpted like terrain tho, so that might be used in place of blueprinting actual terrain.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• Actually terrain doesn't "heal" automatically, neither ore veins nor the surrounding terrain regrow. So if you change the terrain in the new version, the game won't change it back ;)

• Actually terrain doesn't "heal" automatically, neither ore veins nor the surrounding terrain regrow. So if you change the terrain in the new version, the game won't change it back ;)

did it ever do that in java?

• did it ever do that in java?

No, it didn't ^^ The Java version never changed anything terrain-related retroactively. There was a small design issue though, causing mined ores to reappear when placing stone or dirt there, as mentioned by Avanar . However, this didn't really respawn ores, instead this just made remaining ore blocks visible ;)

• well if you used my auto path plugin, the ground would change slowly under areas you walk, i guess some holes would indeed heal too lol

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!