Poor animals drowning

• Hi! Thank you so much for the recent additions. It's great to see the animals.

Only thing I've noticed is that if the animal becomes stuck by the water's edge or falls/jumps/etc into water, they drown. :(
    I logged on to find 3 deer, 1 hog all dead and floating near my claim. I thought someone was randomly killing and leaving things but then I seen a rabbit stuck at the water's edge and it hopped in the water and subsequently died.
    Is that working as intended? o.O

• Basically it's intended that animals drown if they are underwater, but they should always avoid water, so it's weird that this is happening :wat: Maybe it's happening more frequently in multiplayer? I have to take a closer look at this issue :monocle:

• I've seen one dead pig in the water. Saw it while building my tower (singleplayer) finding it strange, yet expected with the reports people have noted regarding animals and water. They should be given a swimming ability for 10 minutes allowing them to return to land. I hope it can be coded they should steer clear of water, and if they do find water to seek land ASAP, even while swimming.

• It has always been terrifying for me to watch drowning animals. Luckily, my elephants in the java version could all swim. :love:
    Maybe then my "animal lifting tool and moving tool" wouldn't be such a bad idea, at least for the animal lovers among us. ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!