electricity idea

• A good idea for electricity would be to add generators and power plants. A good thing to add would be crude oil. If you build a refinery you can make gas. There could be several types of power plants, solar, wind, oil, coal, hydroelectric and nuclear. You could add power lines and transformers. There could also be a water system that deliver running water to all the sinks.

• Simplified generators I would approve of. Going Dutch with windmills, with water-to-power generators, solar, and all that. Nuclear would be an interesting thing to add.....How do you add that? I'm assuming nuclear shall be a post-game addition, or even a mod. I'd love to fiddle around with setting up water power plants, steam generation, solar panel, Dutch windmills, wind, coal, and all that.

This should be interesting seeing how to power the electronics with people going all "Simcity" in Rising World. Curious, curious. I'm all so curious :)

• Electricity is planned. With wires, not some powder. So I imagine there will be ways to generate this electricity as you mentioned. But I think nuclear is going a step too far.

Some form of power lines will no doubt be added and possibly something like a transformer used so you don't fry your household appliances etc.. Would be great!!

Water is planned also, what form it will take, well we shall see. There has been talk of piping and pumps etc.. so it would be very interesting to supply your house and farm etc.. with pressurized water. Also for certain machines if added. Anyways, as for most things, just wait and see what comes. Might want to do some searches to see what has been brought up already and do some posting in those threads. ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Electricity is planned. But I think nuclear is going a step too far.

I agree. No matter how much I try to justify nuclear power in this game it just gives the game a silly vibe to it. Something worse than what was with Minecraft' FTB mod. Plus, if you went nuclear you wouldn't want to play around with the other energy sources so with nuclear excluded you'd be more willing to play with more 'natural' forms of energy, thus my mod nudge above...Even though you were replying to the OP.

Constantly curious.

• A good idea for electricity would be to add generators and power plants. A good thing to add would be crude oil. If you build a refinery you can make gas. There could be several types of power plants, solar, wind, oil, coal, hydroelectric and nuclear. You could add power lines and transformers. There could also be a water system that deliver running water to all the sinks.

I love your Idea :thumbsup:
    But one thing though I don't think there should be any type of nuclear power. So far the game has a feel like it is based more in the past with certain reaches to the present. I think a nuclear power plant would be ruin the the feel of the game by pushing it to far to the present.

• My hopes for electricity in the game is that you would need to build some sort of generator and connect it to whatever you need to be powered. Things that were not connected would not be powered. I would not want this electricity to flow through just any old stone or wood block, either. For electricity to pass through a block, some sort of "cable" item would need to be added to it.

I would like to see the ability to have switches for lights and other things.

Finally, I would want to have to supply the generator with some sort of fuel on a regular basis, not just place it and have it generate power for free for ever.

• What if the wires worked like in Terraria where as when you go to place wires on walls you go into some sort of x-ray mode (or maybe have to put on a welders mask or something) that lets you see the wires in the blocks and where you are going to place the cables in the blocks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!