Portals Plugin for Unity

• yahgiggle server log still gets flooded with:

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@59d1bf7

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@53328c71

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@305e6a73

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@2cfb2640

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@41d4d28b

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@6429fc4

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@450c608d

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@30b0874a

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@57974b5d

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@453942d4

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@63174af6

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@57291b09

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@3a096f12

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@35a9a565

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@6c3009dc

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@735ea600

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@25e3686

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@7a242925

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@16b6b154

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@10de6b24

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@634795bf

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@3871e5f3

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@1b6edfb8

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@788a00ba

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@27bf9879

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@10d6bf00

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent@7da831bd

Had to uninstall. Log grew to half a MB in less than 5 minutes of testing

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Juggernaut

So it should the whole point of the on change block position in the API is to use this exactly how I've used it, I've talked to red about this and he has told me that using this method has very little effect on the performance.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yahgiggle I understand your point. But the log file will increase to 5GB+ if i left server running all day (is my point).

It literally spams the event 200+ times per minute (literally), that is not normal, sorry. Open server console and take a look, it FLOODS it, and that was just one portal and one player on at the time.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• yahgiggle I understand your point. But the log file will increase to 5GB+ if i left server running all day (is my point).

It literally spams the event 200+ times per minute (literally), that is not normal, sorry. Open server console and take a look, it FLOODS it, and that was just one portal and one player on at the time.

so ive got the plugin running on my own server, the log file over 24h got to about 800kb i really don't think there's a problem other than the log file been spammed with the event, ive messaged red51 to see if there is a way we can remove that message, its not even needed in my opinion.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • so ive got the plugin running on my own server, the log file over 24h got to about 800kb i really don't think there's a problem other than the log file been spammed with the event, ive messaged red51 to see if there is a way we can remove that message, its not even needed in my opinion.

Thanks yahgiggle. I did another test, 300KB in 20 minutes. The log file will vary in size depending how busy the server is. the 20 minute test had 3 players on at same time. Sometimes I may have 10+ on at same time. Java days we had over 25+ on at same time, frequently. The issue will be exacerbated once many more portals are down and more players are connected, triggering thousands of events, filling the logs with irrelevant data and taking up space (not to mention other plugins as they are released).

red51

• Thanks yahgiggle. I did another test, 300KB in 20 minutes. The log file will vary in size depending how busy the server is. the 20 minute test had 3 players on at same time. Sometimes I may have 10+ on at same time. Java days we had over 25+ on at same time, frequently. The issue will be exacerbated once many more portals are down and more players are connected, triggering thousands of events, filling the logs with irrelevant data and taking up space (not to mention other plugins as they are released).

red51

the plugin onplayerchangeblockevent only logs the information when players are moving, the number of portals have nothing at all to do with this, so more portals wont mean more onplayerchangeblockevents, so i guess you could ask your players to stop moving around because they are using up hdd space lol :-P

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • maybe a stupid question but how do i open that window for creating a portal? i might be blind but i did not see any instructions

yeah its in the main post so you are right :-P its the P key P for place and portal O is also part of portal and its used for placing the exit portal so push P then fill in the name, click enter then click the colour, then click the X for exit and the first portal is placed, then goto your next location and hit the O key

also im uploading another version this version teleports the player one block away from the exit portal, this is because i noticed even with a 60sec cooldown, some servers are too slow to load and this results in a teleport loop oO this solves that problem, i have also started working on the settings control panel for admins to delete, rename and teleport to any portal, the the chat command is /portals but its just a blank panel ATM

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump another version uploaded,

adjusted some things again and recoded a lot under the bonnet, its recommended to use this version im calling it version 1 so you guys can keep track of them, no database delete needed for version one as long as you had that last version

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • when will the names of the portals start showing or is there a way to do it now? Also we should be able to rename the exit portal so we know where it leads. I guess we could put both destinations in the name but I think it would look better if we could adjust the exit portal's name.

• when will the names of the portals start showing or is there a way to do it now? Also we should be able to rename the exit portal so we know where it leads. I guess we could put both destinations in the name but I think it would look better if we could adjust the exit portal's name.

Can you make it so the portals can be world specific so when we use it in single player we can have different data bases for different worlds?

The names are showing now, but only one name, I guess I could add another slot for both ends, for the databases for each world I would need to look into that

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • It may be a quirk of linux but I do not see any names on or above the portals. At this time. I have been playing on my debian11 build of RW of late.

sharkbitefischer

The names are in the portal about head height, also ATM they only show on a reset of the plugin or the player logs off and back on, if still not showing let me know

BTW i have already coded databases to be for each world and also done the code for names at each end, but another database delete will be needed for this next update oO sorry

As with sharkbitefischer , the names of the portals are not displayed for me either.
    System: Linux 6.1.25-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Apr 20 13:48:36 UTC 2023 x86_64 unknown GNU/Linux

room6675

The names are in the portal about head height, also ATM they only show on a reset of the plugin or the player logs off and back on, if still not showing let me know

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I just confirmed that the names are in the portal like you described but they are black and hard to see as well as half recessed in the portal dimming half of what is there. It might be good if you could place the name offset from the portal rather then right on it. I understand that the pivot point might be a little tricky to manage. Might help to put a white background on the name plate to offset the black letters.

• I just confirmed that the names are in the portal like you described but they are black and hard to see as well as half recessed in the portal dimming half of what is there. It might be good if you could place the name offset from the portal rather then right on it. I understand that the pivot point might be a little tricky to manage. Might help to put a white background on the name plate to offset the black letters.

sharkbitefischer

I can place them above the portal, and use the default look witch is white with a black boarder around each letter, hows that sound ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • That should work, my main complaint is it is hard to see like it is. White with black boarders should stand out pretty good.

ok ill upload this version now, it also has the database fixed for each world and a way to name the entrance and exit, also you no longer need to hit enter to save the names, when you exit they are also saved, realy i might remove the enter button now IDK this will be called version 2

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!