WorldProtection, Self claim protection plugin

• WorldProtection

Version 0

• Added the ability to claim Areas ATM use the (B)Key this is temporary
    • Added points system, This gives 1 point for every minute of playtime, this will be used as a way to acquire the right to claim a unclaimed plot.
    • Added a way to view your claimed area when joining a game and when claiming a new plot, you can view the area, the view lasts for 60sec then the areas are hidden,
    • Added points and area owner labels, they are onscreen left bottom side

Version 1

• To claim an Area now costs points, for every minute the player earns 1 point, you need 10 points to claim an area
    • Added permissions to stop players from doing anything outside there own areas, ATM the whole world is protected, (you can only build or do anything in your own areas) - because it takes ten minutes to get enough points to claim a area, most users who grief your sever will simply give up and will leave, but this could also cause some players who want to build and stay to also leave, unfortunately.

Version 1.1

• Fixed the problem with Construction getting placed or smashed due to no cancel event for Construction
    • Fixed the cost deduction for plots been only 2 points when it should have been 10 Points

Version 1.2

• Started work on the User settings UI, to open it up type (/wp) in the chat, to exit, click the exit icon top right corner
    • added area names and a way to name each area in the settings UI panel -- you need to be inside the area you want to name, then open the settings UI enter the name next to Area name and click the Area Name button to update the area with its new name. Note this needs a database delete to work
    • Added a delete option in the Settings UI, again open the UI when inside the area you want to Delete and click the Delete button

Version 1.3

• Bug fix
    • Added Show and Hide Areas Button to the User Settings Menu, when you click show areas, your own areas are green and everyone else's will show in red

Version 1.4

• Added both add and remove friends option, the friend needs to be logged in ATM to add or remove them, this will change
    • Added compatibility with the current built in protection, these areas are called Admin areas, all admin areas override WP permissions, this means you can set areas using the built in protection with what ever permissions you wish, example, you could make a community area where any user can do anything you set the permissions for.

Version 1.5

• Bug fix's - should be more stable now.

Version 1.6

• Admin's can now delete any claimed area.
    • The cost of plots increases each time the player buys an area.

Version 1.7

• Fixed some typo's
    • Added Area Creation Date to the main panel
    • Added Last Player Online Date to the main panel
    • Fixed the Area count not updating when deleting an Area

Version 1.8

• Added user off line number of days flag, in the panel, this information change's color, 0 to 30 days is green, 30 to 60 days is blue, 60 + days should be red
    • Updated the panel look
    • Fixed a small bug with the points system, it was still giving points to users off line oO
    • Updated the user information Order - makes more sense now -- user points at top - area info below

Version 1.9

• Added Town Areas, Town Areas are nonprotected areas that are also the same size as player areas, Only admins can place town areas, Use the (N) Key to place the area, but be warned if a town area is hard up to a players area, a player maybe able to reach into the protected area and do damage if anything is built too close to the Unprotected Town area, When clicking Show Areas, Town Areas are Shown all in white.

Version 2.0

• Added lock or unlock option for area, locked = owner and friends only (default), Unlocked = This area fully unlocked
    • Added Doors locked or unlocked, all Doors in a given area become unlocked or locked
    • Added Chest locked or unlocked, all Chests in a given area become unlocked or locked
    • All town Areas also now have locked or unlock, Admins can set Any area locked or unlocked including Player areas, the default for all town and player areas is locked

Version 2.1

• Players can now send points to each other
    • Admins can send unlimited points to other players

Version 2.2

• Players can now preview areas, to preview areas click the view areas button in the main panel, then start walking around, each preview area will show up with a white border, once finished go back to the main panel and click hide areas.
    • All players can now take food from all non claimed area's, this includes Apples and such from trees, but they cannot cut trees down.

Version 2.3

• Admins can now rename any area, including town areas

Version 2.4

• PVP on or Off now added to the main user Panel, default is off, to know if areas are PVP areas the area name shows RED, if the PVP is off the name is GREEN for pvp on, Note: The server may need to turn on PVP for this to work.

Version 2.5

• GUI Improvements

Version 2.6

• More GUI Improvements

Version 2.7

• More GUI Improvements
    • Added Admin Control Panel
    • Added the setting for admins to adjust points earned per minute
    • Added the setting for admins to adjust the increase rate of the cost of areas, Note: this wont stop the price of areas going up, but can increase or decrease the rate of the price rise.
    • Added the option for admins to delete all areas that one player may have placed, good for abandoned areas or players who spam areas all over the place.
    • Added auto name fill in, to the text fields hit (Next for the Next Username) or type it in
    • Fixed some spelling errors
    • started backend code for more unprotected area options, these will be able to be set by admins

Version 2.8

• Bug fix, null error for line 3445

Version 2.9

• Removed error message bug
    • Added options for admins to turn on or off some of the permissions for unclaimed areas, (Note More Options will be added)

Version 3.0

• Added full Admin rights to all events, for testing without these rights, goto the admin tools section and select Admin Rights On or Off
    • Updated the paint event, should now stop players from painting in any area
    • Coded a stop for players placing items or building outside there own area from inside there area
    • Updated all the construction events
    • Removed Some of the Chat Messages

Version 3.1

• Updated RW Admin Areas, Admin areas now also show the name and work more reliable
    • Updated add friend code, can now also add off line friends as long as they have at lest connected once to the server.

Version 3.2

• Fixed the wrong info showing on loading into the game
    • Fixed a bug that was stopping friends form doing anything inside an area that they got added too

Version 3.3

• Fixed some bugs
    • Added B key Menu
    • Added blueprint placement tracking - type /list in chat for the placed blueprints -- only shows new blueprints - you can teleport to each BP area
    • Added Block placement info -- you can now find out who placed unknown blocks in unwanted areas, type in chat /blockinfo to turn block info on and off then hit the block once to show its info
    • Added Horse ownership --- place a saddle onto a horse to become its owner, once you own the horse you can left mouse click for control options
    • Added some Pets, Fox, cow, chicken, sheep, goat, lion, bear, pig, dummy --- right click them to see what food they like, find food and then hold it in your hand and right click to feed them, keep feeding till they become your pet, dummys need 1x gold ingot, once you own a pet or become friends with a dummy you can left click on them for options
    • added lock option for admins, lock locks all areas down back to default settings
    • Added Admin tools menu - - Admins can use Admin tools to set all permissions for the unclaimed area
    • Added Player tools Players can now set permissions for each area they own, to set permissions stand inside the area you want to change its permissions for, then hit the b key and click open panel, click player tools and toggle each permission on or off.

Version 3.4

• More bug fix's
    • Added Blueprint distance limiter - players cannot place blueprints far away - they now need to be 5 or less blocks away
    • Added Blueprint cost - each blueprint will now cost points much like the areas do, ATM each part of the blueprint costs 1 point, so if you have a blueprint with 5000 parts that will cost 5000 points, if you do not have 5000 points you cannot place the blueprint
    • Note: i will add a way for admins to adjust the distance and price in an upcoming update

About sending points

To send points to another player first both players must be online, then open the /wp panel, enter the name of the player in the name here text area, then you can change the amount from 10 to what ever in the amount entry text area, you must have the points to send, if you don't have enough points you cannot send the points, points can take upto 1 minute to update, when sending points you will receive the friends total of points, this allows you to see there points increase

TODO

• setup user permissions for protected claimed areas, (stop others other than the owner doing anything inside there area)
    • Set the points system to stop users claiming plots if they do not have any points (points will be removed each time the player uses some)
    • Start work on a Admin control Panel (Admins will be able to remove any plot or anything inside a plot, and all other settings)
    • Start work on a user Control panel (Owners will be able to add and remove friends, change the name of each plot)
    • Plot name label, and a way to name each plot
    • Add view areas and hide areas option
    • Add options for PVP or PVE if possible.
    • Add a way to toggle on and off the screen information.
    • Allow players to trade points - Also Admins to give points to any player.
    • add the date to each area when it was claimed --- to help Admins --- also add last time player was online --- maybe red flag type warnings ---
    • Add Town Naming Area option for Admins town areas
    • Add preview option
    • Add word filter (Admin Tools)

Ok Guys i have some free time while i wait for the API to get updated, so i can do more stuff needed to my other plugins, so on request by another player, i have decided to start redoing my WorldProtection plugin for Unity,

ill be doing this plugin from scratch,

So does any of you want to see any type of changes or requests for this new version ?

feel free to comment now before its too late :-P

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi yahgiggle,

Is there any chance the WorldProtection plugin you are working on for Unity would work in single player mode also? If so, it would be very cool to have protected areas I could designate/name along with ability to optionally not allow the terrain to be modified in some areas (but still allow construction to take place). Thanks for all the cool plugins that you are already working on!

• Hi yahgiggle,

Is there any chance the WorldProtection plugin you are working on for Unity would work in single player mode also? If so, it would be very cool to have protected areas I could designate/name along with ability to optionally not allow the terrain to be modified in some areas (but still allow construction to take place). Thanks for all the cool plugins that you are already working on!

• All my plugins work in single player mode, its where i test them :-)
    • I can indeed add naming options for each area,
    • Each area could have its own setting for permissions, so the ability to optionally not allow the terrain to be modified in some areas (but still allow construction to take place). could be set by the area owner, in some type of menu, i think this would indeed be handy if you have guests added to your areas

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Version 0 is out, read the main post for info, but remember this is under development, its not fully working yet

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I tried this out and it's looking very good so far yahgiggle!!! 8) I like how the whole world is protected at first and then you have to buy sections of land. Are you planning for an option to sell the land too -- (aside from the admin)?...the default size of the land plot is nice, but wondering if there would be a way to configure the size if desired? (or have an option to purchase a larger plot of land for a higher cost?)

I was also wondering how (in single player mode) to buy land as someone other than the admin (hoping this is possible)? I imagine/hope additional player names could be set up somehow for that type of functionality? Thanks again for all your awesome work! :)

• yes you are right, but by setting the damage too zero and the id to -1 it gets around this, but of cause once cancel event has been added for construction i will change my code to use that.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I tried this out and it's looking very good so far yahgiggle!!! 8) I like how the whole world is protected at first and then you have to buy sections of land. Are you planning for an option to sell the land too -- (aside from the admin)?...the default size of the land plot is nice, but wondering if there would be a way to configure the size if desired? (or have an option to purchase a larger plot of land for a higher cost?)

I was also wondering how (in single player mode) to buy land as someone other than the admin (hoping this is possible)? I imagine/hope additional player names could be set up somehow for that type of functionality? Thanks again for all your awesome work! :)

ATM you earn points by been in the game, so each minute of playtime = 1 point, ATM you need 10 points to buy a plot but they only cost 2 points, ive made it cost also ten for this next update, so what this means is as you spend more time on a server you get to buy more area, so you just buy the plot next to the one you already own, for the shape its set this way so no plot can ever overlap anyone else's plot, for single player, it does not matter about the game you use to play with others, as soon as another player joins a single player game, the script will use there name and info and they will have there own areas and stuff, there is really no difference to single player or a server.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • That sounds good for the cost of land plots. Is it possible to set up other "players" (beyond just being the admin) in single player mode? I'd like to play around with defining other protected areas (in effect simulating what it would look like if you had other players that had joined on a server) -- It's purely for my own sandbox fun that I'd be doing this, but just wondering if it's possible?

• That sounds good for the cost of land plots. Is it possible to set up other "players" (beyond just being the admin) in single player mode? I'd like to play around with defining other protected areas (in effect simulating what it would look like if you had other players that had joined on a server) -- It's purely for my own sandbox fun that I'd be doing this, but just wondering if it's possible?

if you are playing without other users joining, then yes its possible to change other areas to fake user areas, this can be done by changing the Names and UID in the database, you can use a tool called DB Browser DownLoad Here  use this tool to open the plugin's database thats in the folder in the plugins folder, then just edit some names and UIDs and click (write changes)

the table you need to edit is the Areas one, its in the drop down menu called Table

BTW this is how i test the plugin, also you will notice when reloading the game, the areas are now showing green and red areas, the green areas are yours and red ones are other players

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • but by setting the damage too zero and the id to -1 it gets around this, but of cause once cancel event has been added for construction i will change my code to use that.

That's a great workaround yahgiggle :D:thumbup:

My MR plugin (v1) is all but finished except it was missing these construction event cancel methods so I delayed the released until next RW update... but... now it looks like I may be able to implement the same workaround as you've mentioned. :party::thumbup::thumbup:

• That's a great workaround yahgiggle :D:thumbup:

My MR plugin (v1) is all but finished except it was missing these construction event cancel methods so I delayed the released until next RW update... but... now it looks like I may be able to implement the same workaround as you've mentioned. :party::thumbup::thumbup:

that is awesome, and happy to help BTW :-)

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • if you are playing without other users joining, then yes its possible to change other areas to fake user areas, this can be done by changing the Names and UID in the database, you can use a tool called DB Browser DownLoad Here  use this tool to open the plugin's database thats in the folder in the plugins folder, then just edit some names and UIDs and click (write changes)

the table you need to edit is the Areas one, its in the drop down menu called Table

BTW this is how i test the plugin, also you will notice when reloading the game, the areas are now showing green and red areas, the green areas are yours and red ones are other players

Thanks for the above information, I did get that to work and create fake user areas. One more question, how do I in single player mode change to become one of the fake user names I set up to test out the plugin as though I was playing as them? I tried to do some searching for a command or something but didn't turn up anything. Hoping you can help again...appreciate all you do! :)

• Thanks for the above information, I did get that to work and create fake user areas. One more question, how do I in single player mode change to become one of the fake user names I set up to test out the plugin as though I was playing as them? I tried to do some searching for a command or something but didn't turn up anything. Hoping you can help again...appreciate all you do! :)

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to do such things, if you could do this I think some people would use that to steel the game, as you could just download the game and use any fake name to play it oO so you can only use one user id per account, how ever you could keep the areas uid as yours but change only the owners name I guess, the script really does not use the players name so it should still work no matter the name you use.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi yahgiggle, when I said player name I was referring to the field called AreaOwnerName (I updated a few to different names) -- so maybe I just used the wrong terminology since these are all under the same PlayerUID. I was looking at utilizing this for setting up different nature reserve areas (and eventually label it "nature reserve" or whatever special name I want) I'd turn terrain modification off for those protected areas when I play in single player mode. This would keep certain areas guaranteed to respawn wildlife and I suppose bandits if too if desired once they become available in the unity version. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!