• A mail plugin!

to install:

extract the zip file to your plugins folder!

updates:

1.1 fixed issue with data base not being created.

to use:

type /Mail Box to open the ui.

type /Mail playerlist for a player list in chat.

type /Mail help for help

players can also email themselves (for saving coords and such)

Youtube video here!

future plans:

ability to attach a single item to the mail.

add a place-able mail box to check for letter/packages.

new mail notification

admin mail all function

• james1bow

Changed the title of the thread from “WTGMail(WIP)” to “WTGMail”.
  • Hello first, that's a nice idea that we really need!

However, I still have 1 or 2 suggestions that I would really like to see:thumbup:

A player list to choose from and information that/when you have a new email, it wouldn't be a bad idea if you could add a read and then the entry is only faintly visible:saint:

Because of the list, I know that there isn't one from Red yet, but I do have a variant that at least works, which could then appear as a pop-up when you click on the "to:".

I also found a fairly simple option to display the offline players and even an admin check from the config file for offline players.

When logging in, checking for new emails wouldn't be a problem. During the course of the game you could do a check using the downtimed "UpdateEvent".

I had already toyed with the idea of doing it myself, but for me that would mean double the effort and it's enough if there's a good tool for it.:nerd:

For this reason, I am offering you my cooperation in this project and I would be happy if we could make this a great email.

• you can type /Mail Player list for a list of names in the db. i want to do something like right click on the to field to open a window with all player names and your able to select one. the issue currently being there are no scroll-able elements in the API. i also have a mail notification planned as the plugin already checks for new mail every couple of minutes. also, if im not mistaken it was coded in a way that you can leave the original message open (right side) while composing a reply (left side). i also plan on adding a way to send an item via mail as well just waiting on the API to allow it.

• Try restarting the server?

I did several times. I also re-downloaded it and reloaded it. It is not creating the tables correctly You are using the getWorld because the database is showing up as the servername. As long as it is called correctly this should not be a problem but there are several database plugins with that same name not including the world database. Not sure what changed other than I have a added a personal plugin but the database is not the same name.

• the error is caused by typing /Mail with nothing after it. the command is an array and is looking for index 1 (/Mail) and index 2 (box, help or playerlist). unfortunately i cant seem to find the project for the public version of the plugin so i cant fix the error. in the mean time the error wont cause any issues.

• So I went back to an older back up of my server when I first installed the mail program. It had a correctly populated database. So I installed the entire directory back on my server. It works properly with /Mail Box and /Mail Playerlist. If you type /Mail without a second split.command argument (/Mail alone) it does not catch it and gives you that array error. So it is, just an annoyance.

Not sure why the newly installed jar would not build the database. I guess if you find the original public build files, you could add a pre-if catch such as; if (splitCommand.length==1){ which would skip to a return or informative error message if the command line did not contain a second split command argument.

What would be a nice upgrade for the future would be to set up a mail box for each player upon arrival on the server so you could auto send them a welcome mail message. Just a thought. Thanks for doing this as I think it is important for players to communicate with each other even if they are offline.

• yeah, i have it fixed for the version on my server. i would release the version im using but its tied into my currency and auction house plugins. once we get a scrolling ui element i will redo this plugin. tho i may expand upon it and add a way for other plugins to send mails as a notification system. the way mine is set up currently...if you win an auction you get a mail with the item attached. if you are at a mailbox you can claim items from the mail.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!