Game finished

• ive been messing with some dragons to get in game but its turning out to be a real pain. ive got decent animations but it just is not working right lol. dragon video

• but its turning out to be a real pain

You've first managed a "Blend Tree" for Random IDL, which looks pretty good. (that's next for me) :D

I'm still thinking about how best to tie the timer(s) together :crazy:

There is no trigger deletion yet, so Booleans work better for e.g. running, not running, which can also handle a double trigger.

I think in 2-3 updates there will be room for wishes again, and until then we can test/think about what we still absolutely need.

I think a unified blend tree control is at the top of my list.

I think Random IDLE Animations is a good approach, then red only had to have one function for a script like this:

provide

• You've first managed a "Blend Tree" for Random IDL, which looks pretty good. (that's next for me) :D

I'm still thinking about how best to tie the timer(s) together :crazy:

There is no trigger deletion yet, so Booleans work better for e.g. running, not running, which can also handle a double trigger.

I think in 2-3 updates there will be room for wishes again, and until then we can test/think about what we still absolutely need.

the current issue im having is keeping the dragon on the terrain. using a raycast or playerposition lets them clip into the terrain. ive been messing around with rigidbody to add physics witch does keep it on the ground but lets it fall threw the terrain at times so this will not work either. would be nice if i could get a raycast from the dragons position to detect terrain position. ive messed with racast from player to a spot when right clicking the mouse but then i cant figure out the math to make it look at the spot its traveling to. i know very little about how quaternion's work to get the right rotation.

• I'm curious, how would you envision a simplified modding tool?

Able to inject models into the game similar to how VRChat's SDK works. Or even similar to the ModelLoader/GameObject plugin loader that we had for Java example plugin. Or, even Illusion games (now Illgames) allowing you to inject models with default vanilla traits, such as entity type, traits, personality, and how they behave. For Rising World having a simplified tool to inject entities as either models, entities, furniture, etc could work. We nearly reached that state with Red51 allowing furniture settings to be enabled on objects via Java plugins. Even basic objects. Having a hub for this (similar to VRChat's SDK) could help greatly here.

Pull from what's already in the game, have external factors line up with it, and inject it via Unity or modding tool components.

Anything. Something which even a newbie could pick up after viewing a simplified 15 minute tutorial. Want music? Have it read from the root folder to then inject it into a destination path. Want more clothing? Similar. Have it attached, in a way 'Kisetene' & 'AvatarTools', etc.

--------

In short:

1) A script which allows people to pull from a root folder to deposit into a destination directory of the game, and not overwriting anything in the game (if able). New entities should be their own entities.

2) An Unity VRChat SDK type element to import models to then attach Rising World's default vanilla animations and behaviour and then deposit them into the game (not just humanoids, also should be furniture, vehicles, food, etc).

2.5) Bonus: If NPC related then apply hostile, passive, neutral traits; NPC type, where they spawn, and potential player ownership.

3) Illusion Studios Type creation (import/export) allowing to add further personality, traits, and customization options

-----

I'm sure someone could simplify this thought into a simple plugin.

Wow, you almost read my mind fully.

VRChat SDK, Unity importing/exporting/uploading. Then, there's also VRoid over-rides (Craftopia, Valheim, etc).

Have a script to somehow apply default riggings, animations, etc onto the model (following both VRChat & Rising World's standards, of course). Similar to how VRChat applys its own behaviours onto avatars could be done with Rising World stuff, while also using Illusion games (now Ill Games) to apply behaviours, traits, neutrality options, and potential ownership, etc. Where to spawn, etc. I also noted Tower Unite how you're able to import models via Steam Workshop. Applying speech bubbles, and maybe even animation types. using Tower Unite as an example could be used to imagine what I'm thinking, IF you combine every other game I noted (VRChat, Vroid [Valheim & Craftopia], Illusion Games/Ill Games, etc).

I'm probably going to miss the full context of what you just said only understanding it hours or days later, but I will make note of what you said about 'Project ToolsAPI'. Good luck with it, and I hope we can get something for the genuine benefit of Rising World. I'm going to keep re-reading your post.

If we can get something which merges VRChat's SDK, Vroid, Ill Game's character creator importer, and GameObject/ModelLoader then we'll have something to save Rising World.

Disclaimer: it's not just for NPCs though, this should also tie in with furniture, vehicles (Cars, trains, planes, boats, etc), clothing (all of it), food, music/BGM, and etc. Whatever Rising World gives us, we should be allowed to import models in its default form while applying Rising World's default animations. And if custom animations and behaviours are available, then apply those as well on the side. Whatever works, works. Anything is better than nothing.

If you can import it by converting the models into Rising World's standards (as VRChat does) then everything should more-or-less be smooth sailing, AS long as we have video documentation to go along with it. Short as a skirt, not a lengthy lecture.

-------

I'm genuinely surprised you managed to overlap on my thoughts a bit, not many people do that.

• ive been messing with some dragons to get in game but its turning out to be a real pain. ive got decent animations but it just is not working right lol. dragon video

I've requested Dragons as a creator type we should be able to tame in Rising World. Find their egg, raise them, and then have them as your pet. Maybe even as a flying entity once everything in the game matures. Seeing you do this without me saying so has me hyped up. I'm glad you hit that void. :party:

Man, I wish I could ask you (or someone else) to help me import a Busou Shinki character into the game, a character I use as a VRChat avatar. This is why I would love a simplified VRChat SDK-esque caveman-level modding tool to import things on my end so I don't have to pester people, even being told people don't help me because I'm allegedly "rude". Anything which helps on a "newbie" level (or something even I can do) would be highly and greatly appreciated so I wouldn't have to keep requesting help on a near-begging level. If I can do something myself, I shall. I've done whatever I could VRChat side, and even Tower Unite side of things.

Your dragons have me hyped.

If I can have Renge added into Rising World (even now, and later) as a 15 cm tall robot (similar to the Wisp), I'd be so happy. And once behaviours become a thing I would love to do even more. Just having her follow me would be awesome. I hope you can help me with this request, I can provide files, etc. If not, I would have to painfully wait for whatever we get in the future.

If I could wave around images and videos of Renge in Rising World I could probably see more people modding for Rising World. We could potentially see more interest. I could wave the media around of Busou Shinki stuff (as in the dragon & Wisp videos) spiking potential interest from other people, and those also in my Twitter/X social groups. The dragons and Wisp is genuinely a good step. :thumbup:

• lol. i was on the discord talking about this exact thing. find them steal and egg hatch it and raise it. once its an adult you can ride it lol. i have flying animations already. just working out how to put everything together. they will fallow you until you are so far away from them then they will fly back to you. been tinkering with a command mode and fallow mode

• lol. i was on the discord talking about this exact thing. find them steal and egg hatch it and raise it. once its an adult you can ride it lol. i have flying animations already. just working out how to put everything together. they will fallow you until you are so far away from them then they will fly back to you. been tinkering with a command mode and fallow mode

Perfect! Having a follow and stay commend would help greatly. I wish you the best of luck on it, we even need that sort of plugin. :thumbup:

I guess my Busou Shinki shinki thing fell on deaf ears. Ah well. I guess I have to wait for assistance all that while longer until I'm allowed to do something on my which shall come later down the line. Who knows if and when. *shrug*

• Perfect! Having a follow and stay commend would help greatly. I wish you the best of luck on it, we even need that sort of plugin. :thumbup:

I guess my Busou Shinki shinki thing fell on deaf ears. Ah well. I guess I have to wait for assistance all that while longer until I'm allowed to do something on my end comes.

you should read up on some java and unity. once you grasp how things work its not really that hard. for the basics of java i watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4_1vDrzzo

• you should read up on some java and unity. once you grasp how things work its not really that hard. for the basics of java i watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4_1vDrzzo

Tried using up that learning time for Godot and I have to use that time up for other projects. Funny thing is, I can lightly use Godot thanks to RPG Maker side of things, it's the more scripted side holding me back. Learned a little more while watching videos. Just slightly. I even need to get onto my RPG Maker "Proof-of-concept" before it's too late. I wish I could.

We'll see........

If I could have a tool/script to simplify things I'd be happier with that. Maybe I'll find proper time later. I'm spreading myself thin again on numerous projects. I'll keep your video noted in my Godot channel for whenever I do have time. Until then, praying and wishing something comes for when I can do something myself on a more simplified level. *praying emote*. :wacko:

• the current issue im having is keeping the dragon on the terrain.

Do you know the post? calculate-height-on-z-axis

i know very little about how quaternion's work to get the right rotation.

Actually, I think the with Quaternion works quite well

ArcticuKitsu

Your imagination and wishes are very big, they are not bad, just quite complex if you go through them in detail.

It is always easier to build something for exactly one specific purpose, the more purposes something has, the more complex/complicated a project becomes.

For example, making a list is not the problem (2-3 hours of writing), just making a list that remains flexible (for font size, number of entries, events) cost me 6-8W and it's still very simple but it is over 1000 lines that are confused with each other.

It is often underestimated what is actually necessary to display a pair of colorful pixels.

A lot of things have already become standard, although there are more complex things like, almost everyone can drive a car, and almost no one can build an engine (in percentage terms)

It will take some time and then it will get easier, but I don't know whether it will be as easy as you described

• What I am aware of is that if there is a will, there is always a way. Once people start doubting something then of course it can't be done because that's the mindset you placed yourself into.

If you desire to get something accomplished you'll find every avenue to get it done, such as the European folks I grew up with when they were a bunch of bookworms getting stuff done. I know it somewhat overlaps with how I should be watching and picking up coding myself, but the problem still stays the same in how other people wouldn't know and having a tool would bridge the gap. We have to also think of other people and the health of Rising World. If would balance out having a tool which would allow people to import things, customize things, etc from a script, tool, or whatever.

As I quoted Red51 saying he'll be financially broke in 2024 so having something on our end to make it easier for newbies and myself would go a long way in the long run. Sure, we should pick up coding, etc. Maybe people shall.

I also don't want to go around begging to then have people tell me I'm a piece of crap. I just want to also get stuff into the game while also helping Rising World at the same time. 2 birds with one stone. If someone is willing to bridge the gap then we'll have a better time going forward.

• Tbh. I was kinda hoping eventually Rising world would have enough stuff in it to make a world like witcher 3 or Skyrim I guess. And have npcs who give me quests. I do enjoy Rising world though. It's cool making a square house and having vegetables growing outside my house and looking out the window.

• Tbh. I was kinda hoping eventually Rising world would have enough stuff in it to make a world like witcher 3 or Skyrim I guess. And have npcs who give me quests. I do enjoy Rising world though. It's cool making a square house and having vegetables growing outside my house and looking out the window.

It will, if you allow it to mature. It's been sabotaged many times via DDoS attacks, by Steam removing engagement by re-routing it to AAA games (less impression for indie games), and even the Unity scare we had going on.

I'm sure you can find Skyrim blueprints in the blueprints section. They also appear to be backwards compatible with Unity (from Java).

Red51 desires to have NPC Factions you can win favours and ill-wills from, and even hiring NPCs from settlements (if his plans allow). If it'll play out like Millenaire mod for Minecraft we'll have to find out. I'm still hoping I can get a personalized NPC Companion to have as my own.

Square houses, circle, etc. It's all up to you.

Can I have a javelin launcher with missiles and a recipe to create the missiles. So I can fire them at cows and stuff.

Modding API, or maybe we'll have it via 'mod.io' integration. If there is a will, there is always a way. Same with riding Moose.

• This game hasn't been updated now since June 2023. I used to love watching Radioman03 (think thats his youtube name) playing Rising world.

I used to play this game for hours as well on Java.

I understand it is difficult to basically re-make a game on Unity.

I had very high hopes this would be the game that would become number 1 and minecrap was number 2, that is what I saw.

This game doesn't have the crappy Sega Master system graphics that Minecraft has.

When I paid for this on steam a few years ago, I was thinking wow this is going to be the future.

But Now it seems if someone does not put at least 5 million pounds or dollars (euros suck) into Rising word, it is just gonna be an updated twice maybe 3 times per year game.

And we will all have to pee our knickers because "Hey we put Dolphins in the water now" "Hey you have Banana trees now"

Am I wrong to think the Devs have turned into Vanilla Ice, rather than Eminem or 2pac?

• 1) Indie games are slow by nature, especially with how much goes into them. You should know this if you follow various indie games out there. AAA games spoil mainstream people while indie games update whenever they're ready. Also, haven't watched Radioman, though heard of him. Also feel people are being spoiled by him, but I guess people shall take what they can get. I'm not implying anything, I'm being neutral.

2) I'm still playing it, and I'm certain others are on and off. Going through my backlogs in preparation of the upcoming, and those noted after. Fishing, boats, and trains shall be later down the line.

3) Glad you know how difficult it is to rebuild. Steam has been a real pain in the ass on this one, though wish people would also support Red51 instead of empty words and promises.

4) You can still have high hopes for Rising World, it's not dead. Minecraft stole $300 Canadian on me via Realms, even though I canceled it. They still billed me to the point I had to change cards to stop them. I checked the main payment pages, etc. They kept charging me monthly, even spamming my inbox desiring me back. Screw Minecraft! I'll stay with Rising World.

5) Rising World IS the future, you have to support it. Red51 needs all the support he can get. If he taps into mod.io, Booth (Pixiv), Unity store page integration, etc, this game shall be one of the best games out there. Granted, you'll then see clones doing half as much trying to copy Red51 and Rising World. I've seen Minecraft imitating Rising World in certain aspects.

6) Once again, that's indie games. People love to pretend to support Red51 without supporting him. If I could send money to Red51, I would. I need to also win the lottery to do so, I'll be one of his big sponsors. Doesn't help outside influences making things even more needlessly dire.

7) You're saying that so stupidly, though that's one of the best parts of indie games. Each update brings out a new feature, and that's the best part. Pre-Microsoft Minecraft used to do this making us cheer with joy. Dolphins? Sweet! Banana trees? Nice! Coffee plants were noted in being in the works, as with canons, and big boats, and other stuff.

When trains shall come it'll put other train games to shame. :D

8 ) Your rap comparisons been lost. Do elaborate.

(Now I'm waiting for the "please shut up" comment.)

• (euros suck)

What makes you think that euros are shit?:lol:

It's clear to you that Red51 has to exchange pounds or dollars for euros in the end in order to get something out of it.

Yes, with a trampoline jumper coming from dodgeball, a children's book author and a disguised pirate, things won't get any better in the Euro country from an economic point of view.
    Which may also mean that there is less time for writing games because there is no PC without electricity.

I had very high hopes this would be the game that would become number 1

So I see no reason to give up hope. The potential has not changed and the building system is still uniquely unbeaten and still under construction.
    I even think that the move has increased its potential.
    But what does the frequency of updates have to do with potential or quality?

I understand it is difficult to basically re-make a game on Unity.

And we will all have to pee our knickers because "Hey we put Dolphins in the water now" "Hey you have Banana trees now"

It seems that Red51 has not yet reached the relaxed part where it's about making new flowers and bins so that the player doesn't get bored.
    He's still busy with the basic components so that they work well together! So that a dolphin and bananas can be “simply” thrown in later.

• the main question i would ask here is... what does it concern you if the game is successful or not? your game experience is not really touched by that.

i think you might be right though. the peak of the survival-building-wave is long over. minecraft has established as a synonym for this type of game, for good or bad. but that doesn´t mean rw can´t be successful.

it defines the genre anew in a way no other mc-clone could do it until now. and the unity-version is topping that even. i can see the point where the game is feature complete and red will get a million-eur-offer to sell it.

what the game is really missing is not faster development. 3-4 updates per year is more than other games with much bigger budget get. it is missing attention, marketing and regular communication.

there is 0 budget and nearly 0 time for promotion. along with the fact that the currently still official java is not really up to date anymore and the unity isn´t as far as it was planned to be that is what holds rw back.

i really hope red can shuffle free some time after the unity is the offical one to go for promotion. own videos, merchandise products, soundtrack for additional turnover, maybe some ads, talk to some gaming websites to bring an article about rising world, etc. it would boost the sales like nothing else.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!