Finally the new update is available! This time it took longer than expected, since we also did some preparations for some bigger updates. We will give you more information about that soon
This update introduces three new animals, a bear, moose and rabbit. As you may expect, the bear will attack you on sight. The moose on the other hand only attacks you when you attack it first (the goat has the same behaviour now). Unfortunately they don't drop any loot yet, that will be changed soon
Apart from that, we have an important addition for dedicated servers: You're now able to use MySQL or MariaDB instead of SqLite. This can be defined in the server.properties file (instead of a worldname, you specify a database name now).
We have release a small update to convert a SqLite database to MySQL: Convert SqLite database to MySQL
We have also improved the serverbrowser, giving you the ability to sort the list by playercount (or alphabetically), and also to specify some filters.
Another change concerns the networking: If you lose the connection, you will be reconnected automatically. This should solve some issues when having slight connection interruptions.
Apart from that, we added new lua functions and also renamed some old functions. Make sure you update your scripts, you find all information about it in our official forum. An updated AreaProtection script is now available.
- [New] New animals: Bear, moose and rabbit
- [New] Bear attacks player on sight, moose and goat defend themselves against the player (if he attacks them)
- [New] MySQL and MariaDB support for dedicated server (for World database). It's recommended to use MySQL now instead of SqLite
- [New] Implemented automatic reconnect when losing connection to a server (multiplayer). This should solve some of the disconnect problems
- [New] Lua functions to get the game language "player:getGameLanguage()" and system language "player:getSystemLanguage()" of a player
- [New] Added filter for serverbrowser
- [New] Command to spawn animal: "spawnnpc [name]" (e.g. spawnnpc goat)
- [New] Ability to sort servers in browser either by playercount or alphabetically
- [Change] Renamed Lua functions for player and npcs (e.g. 'getPlayerPosition' -> 'getPosition' etc.)
- [Change] Increased max value for mouse sensitivity (in settings)
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong hitbox when aiming at dead animals
- [Bugfix] Fixed network problems in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed some typos
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong description of hoe and hoehead
- [Bugfix] Fixed a bug which caused the game to crash
- [Bugfix] Fixed MySQL issue when loading a world (dedicated server)
- [Bugfix] Fixed Nullpointer Exception in multiplayer