• In my opinion when you die you should respawn at the same place you die. Many people have lost everything because we have no way to know were is our body. Other option is implanting a map.

• I dislike this because it 'simplifies' the game a hell of a lot. People complaining Minecraft sucks because they have to actually work for what they want, yet want everything simplified for various things. It bugs me, and it baffles me when people also kick 'challenges' out of a game. Filters for everything, + a spawn set for reviving where you died. Nah, I don't want this game to pamper & spoil people too much to the point it turns into Minecraft again.

Just set a camp or bed while treading cautiously around the land. I always make sure to plan before I wander out before I leave in these sorts of games.

Also, a map shall eventually pop in. Just gotta allow the game to mature a bit so make the most out of roads & Compasses. Even land markers that you build & such.

• I dislike this because it 'simplifies' the game a hell of a lot. People complaining Minecraft sucks because they have to actually work for what they want, yet want everything simplified for various things. It bugs me, and it baffles me when people also kick 'challenges' out of a game. Filters for everything, + a spawn set for reviving where you died. Nah, I don't want this game to pamper & spoil people too much to the point it turns into Minecraft again.

Just set a camp or bed while treading cautiously around the land. I always make sure to plan before I wander out before I leave in these sorts of games.

Also, a map shall eventually pop in. Just gotta allow the game to mature a bit so make the most out of roads & Compasses. Even land markers that you build & such.

I agree with you. Part of the survival aspect of these type of games is to deal with your loss or trek back to claim what was lost. If someone needs to have a way to find their bodies, perhaps a beacon which shines brightly similar to mods in ARK: Survival Evolved could help as an addition, but I would make it optional for those who want a more immersive experience.

• I agree with you. Part of the survival aspect of these type of games is to deal with your loss or trek back to claim what was lost. If someone needs to have a way to find their bodies, perhaps a beacon which shines brightly similar to mods in ARK: Survival Evolved could help as an addition, but I would make it optional for those who want a more immersive experience.

Yup. Exactly. What made Minecraft fun was the whole survival aspect with nothing disabled. I tolerated creepers, skeletons, witches & even the loss of items because it allowed me to tell a story. The moment I jumped onto a creative mode server all the challenge was gone, and there was nothing to do. Everything that made Minecraft fun was...gone. You had everything at your fingertips that it just ruined everything. People kept whining that there was nothing to do, and they kept making these anti-mob spawning pillars. It baffled me. I enjoyed having a barter-system type economy going of having to gather what I needed while going on my own adventures, at the cost of lives & item lost. Everything became hollow when you removed all sorts of threats & such. I simply feel people enjoy pampering themselves to the point things become boring, then whine constantly that everything sucks.

And ya, I'll agree with it being an option in the server or singleplayer option that you respawn where you died, but that would just be insanely awkward that it throw everything off. Corpse runs makes you plan ahead while making sure you're being smart, not spoiled & pampered. I don't want to scare people off who also want variety, just that.....it kicks the challenge in a weird way.

I'd vote on having icons showing on the map to show where you died. Craft up a map then you'd see where you died in the world. A map, GPS, or whatever we'll get at first & throughout RW's life. A pillar might be odd, unless it's in Red51's 'fantasy' biome world.

[Edit: My apologies, I appeared to have 'blown up' again. I am accepting of the idea, yet bothered only by the part of simplifying things for 'short-term gratification'.]

• Icons would work better for Rising World I think. A Beacon or beam seems more sci fi like. I was just throwing the idea out there to give an example of what could be done without killing the respawn for those who desire the challenge that makes up a survival game.

• In minecraft I wanted to build at the seaside. To look for a beach or an ocean I flew around about 2.5 hours searching for the ocean. Ok I had flymode ☺but I was hit after landing and had no chance to write down my coordinates so I respawned at my old spawn without seaside. Now I write down always immediately the coordinates, but for beginners it could be very helpful to have a map or the possibility to get back to their spawn. We do not know what is going on in the game but it could be that we couldn't build a bed because of no sheep in our region.

• Icons would work better for Rising World I think. A Beacon or beam seems more sci fi like. I was just throwing the idea out there to give an example of what could be done without killing the respawn for those who desire the challenge that makes up a survival game.

Agreed. Ya, I just want to clarify that I prefer what we have now, yet would be accepting to those that would want to revive where they died. That however would be idiotic when you're swarmed by mobs, or stuck in an overly difficult dungeon or environment to keep looping & looping. Granted, Red51 could simply code it like Lego Worlds where you spawn on a 'safe block', yet that would also be silly. Doing a corpse run is better. Simply build hotels & outposts....

In minecraft I wanted to build at the seaside. To look for a beach or an ocean I flew around about 2.5 hours searching for the ocean. Ok I had flymode ☺but I was hit after landing and had no chance to write down my coordinates so I respawned at my old spawn without seaside. Now I write down always immediately the coordinates, but for beginners it could be very helpful to have a map or the possibility to get back to their spawn. We do not know what is going on in the game but it could be that we couldn't build a bed because of no sheep in our region.

Each to their own.

I'd just keep wandering by foot & horse so that be neat. Build up at spawn while making a steady food supply to then wander elsewhere until I'd find a proper place. Get all the basics, then prep an expedition to wander further away. I'd even use Miencraft map makers, MCedit, or similar to seek out cool places. There's always a good spot to find......Using the coordinates also helps in these kind of things, thus why I also build roads & railways. I want to make sure everything is connected while keeping away from 'cheaty' things like command blocks & teleporting. I'd rather make use of what's in the game for survival while keeping away from "admin" stuff. I did use them here and there, trying to balance them with command blocks. It's just....constant struggle to keep it all balanced. Everybody plays differently with constant frustrations happening.

Well, I see that console Minecraft has maps, though PC ones is understandable. I guess the tip here would be to find something nearby to build at your spawn area until you can build out. Stay in a small radius to then build & explore outward with your higher tech. People keep forcing things that they then pay the price for it, then blame the game for it. As for sheep, no spiders? Sucks on the no sheep bit. There's always a way to get around finding them if you start recognizing landmarks to get back.

Plan & evaluate, then act on the best course of action.

• my opinion if you die you die and everything you have on you
    now your someone else that take's your home back but the rest you have to redo
    it is frustrating(sometimes) but i like this style
    but just try not to die and survive

• In ARK: Survival Evolved there is a specific spot that I loved to create my main base at, but in order to get there I have to pass a swamp like area which have alot of snakes. Sometimes I can make a mad dash to the spot I want and get lucky, but most of the time I just get eaten. I would just make the absolute bare essentials of what I needed to create a spawn and slowly made my way up north until I got to the spot.

• This is a terrible idea because this would make the game way too easy. Another reason its terrible because what if you get attacked by a hostile animal then the animal could spawn camp you,

• How about if you die all your stuff just turns into a little chest at your grave.

You respawn at your home, no respawn at your grave cause whats the point of dying then ?
    the little chest at your grave would be like in real life if somebody dies their stuff stays where they died and anyone around can just take it on their own journey.

However if you're lucky to find your grave on time you get to take your stuff back :D

Seriously they've already blew it with raising the spawnrate of ores..... please no more simplifications :o
    there's hardly any challenges left in the game.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!