Hello, Love this game!

• Whats worse are those damn Invisible Ninja bears that sometimes spawn in Rising World!!! Dah! So annoying..

BTW, I'm bumping this thread because I love this game! I'm thinking about all the possibilities now with upcoming dungeons and NPC characters and villages and the new construction system. I have so many ideas of what the possibilities are in the new advanced construction system coming out and how it will likely bury the hatch on Blockscape (as much as I appreciate it as its own game but I'm more of a Rising World "fanboy" now).

• I love this game also, only because it keeps getting better while doing things it should be doing. I sometimes have to make a fool out of myself to nudge Rising World into the right direction, yet glad that foolishness of mine allows Red51 to see the light :P

Alright, next plan appears to be dungeons, then player models. Horses & boats should be up next that I want both, including various stepping stones for those quick pathways. That would make me love this game all that much more <3

• Well, the fact that Red51 interacts and listens with his game players makes things unique here. We all get on here, spit out our crazy ideas, debate them, get into heated arguments at time yes but in the end our ideas impact the development of the game under the wisdom of Red's planning and coding skills.

I'm not sure where horses are in the development plan but the boat should come with the character model update since the boat was designed from the ground up to be animated with the new character models. Dungeons sound awesome and I cant wait but the update that really has my interest is the advanced construction system. If that materializes the way I expect it will, maybe I'll be gifting you some lovely stone tiles for your garden pathway :)

• Horses @ArcticuKitsu ? Darnit, it changed again lol ?

i read dungeons > playermodels (this summer) > rail system
    but then again my source is outdated :P

Apr 3rd 2016

Keep up the good work you guys @ArcticuKitsu & @zfoxfire keep the community on the forum alive :thumbsup:

• SilverSatin,

Horses as well as a few other animal models are present already but not spawn-able. I'm sure that since the horse is rid-able that it will definitely be dependent on the new character models since character models will also bundle animation changes to all existing tools and likely would add animations to interact with the hose (same with how the boat includes character animations when interacting with the boat even though the boat is already build to my knowledge).

This seems to be in line with what I know. However, my impression was that the advanced construction would be a massive update, not a series of smaller feature updates. I strongly favor small updates and less bundles. It probably boils down to the complexity of the changes desired and how easy it is to compartmentalize them without breaking other stuff. The foundation of the construction system was laid down long ago and the changes that I think are coming pretty much boils down to new tools and new shapes. So it makes more sense to break it up. Rails are defiantly coming towards the end of the year if there are no other delays. What I don't know is the plan for the dynamic water. i guess after dungeons and player models, its all going to be small updates until the rail system which I know absolutely nothing about.

• Red = my guess ... Sounds like a lot of good things to look forward too. Especially customized avatars (player models) I wonder what his goal is for models to use semi-realistic models already available some even free. I hope it's a nice looking realistic since it will be a key feature of how the game is judged even if unfairly or fairly for the games graphic quality. People giving it higher or lower marks on that alone. I don't even know what people are using anymore I haven't played with 3d stuff for several years. Back than we had 3dstudio max, blender, Daz Studio, Poser. Autodesk which blows the budget. Probably so many choices now.

• Nice! Thanks for the shout-out. You're welcome :). I'm trying to allocate time to get my next Rising World episode out, yet got called in to work so never did release a promised episode 2, yet I'm wanting to. I need to find time to sneak it that it may appear to be Sunday, then again on Tuesday. Hopefully my videos are worthwhile, yet it seems I'm still lagging behind the likes of the giants of Weem & Vortac. The way I record doesn't allow me to edit it as neatly as I've done before so I can't make it as pretty as I used to, nor similar to Vortac's style T_T. Having to go from .flv to .mp4 with the encoding not playing fair that keeping episodes short seems to be the way to go. 10 minutes seems to be the magic number.

Also, about the horse comment:

Dungeons > Player Models (with boats & maybe horses) > & then anything else. Railway was mentioned so I'd put that in third place, or so. whatever happens shall happen. That quote that you brought up is proper. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the boats & horses shall play out because I want some sort of 'thin', yet simple stepping stone blocks (when you change to half-blocks in the block variety type thing) to make a simple road from one settlement to the next. I'm now wanting to expand to make a tower, and then another outpost. Once we get horses I'll happily be expanding nicely. I just have to build up my Niska Village on my "Poi!" world, then I can have fun messing about.

• Seems like he wants to do trains over horses. I don't blame him without NPCs to load up horse carts aka wagons. I don't think you could do much as you could with trains hell there is no horse simulator unlike train simulator like 40 add ons lol. You can load ore, passengers, livestock, logs, liquids all on train cars. Granted you could have NPC load up your horse carts too. Wouldn't mind having wagon tracks to work like trains guiding your NPC. Because it probably help having tracks to guide your transportation and animations. Dungeons? I don't know what he's talking about exactly I am assuming just a cave system with artifacts and perhaps monsters. I don't know what to expect from dungeons. Out of all those upcoming ones of course I want to see character models upgrade and trains.

• Alright.......

- Trains: It's said we're going to get all fuel-types. Not every single train, but every fuel type with a good variety in them. From my conversations with him long ago we were to loosely expect mining trains, steam, coal, diesel, and even electric. As for the trains different track types is yet to be known, or if it'll be a universal rail system. I would expect various cargo wagons behind, even hoping liquid & solid storage types would lock to their item type.

- Dungeons: They shall be ruins above & below the ground with various threats within. You'll have to fight your way through, or sneak your way through, that the more valuable the treasures the more difficult the threat. I want to compare it to Skyrim, yet we'll have to see what Red51 does. We will however gain our Indian Jones type stuff from it. They will contain the monsters which people bias-related fear with unjustified fear.

- Horses: Can't say for sure, yet we will get horses & camels. We'll be able to customize them through banners/flags (maybe), possibly with various armour types and equips. Even hoping Red51 has learned a few lessons from 'Mount & Blade: Warband' for how 'weighted' how horses feel & move in that game. Horses feels the best in that game. We should hopefully have a more 'realistic' way of putting saddles on them, feeding them, taming them, & such. Even how you can tell the horse to run at a certain pace, keeping that pace. The horses would eventually need additional expansions to drag wagons behind them for storage & such. I'd however be fine with just starting off with one horse to tame to then put a saddle on him, equipping the horse for speed & item transport.

- Boats: I have a feeling I had to force Red51 onto this as to not waste the potential to waste the waters. Minecraft is a piece of shit here that Rising World should obviously rise above Minecraft's failure. The way I told him to simplify boats is to make use of Egyptian Payrus for the desert type & the obvious canoe from logs (trees), among other 'daily life' uses for books & scrolls from Papyrus. We should be able to make boats out of wood (canoes) & from Papyrus to make those ancient Egyptian Nile related boats. That, and if we do get boats that they'll stay small to stay within rivers, lakes & shallow ocean sides. The deeper you go into the ocean the more damage they'll take from the environment, even sinking enroute. From Red51's words, You would have to repair the durability & damages over time (at least in his thoughts) that the boats would be personalized to you. To me, that would justify building boatyards & shipyards for the long-term, not having boats for only one trip, or even a quarter of it.

Important: Boats need to be customized + have a storage chest container somewhere within to haul goods across the map. Learn from Minecraft's failures.

-------------

Oh, how I'd love to have NPCs, indeed. What Yakme is saying seems more like a mod thing now & I'd be happy to see such. Loading your transports would be a neat thing to see, if we ever do gain NPC comrades to call your own to settle with you, maybe even customizing them or themselves on their own. I want to keep pushing Red51 on NPCs, yet he has other updates to tend to. I'll push him when we get NPC Traders in both admin & roaming survival. Red51 can hate me once we get to the NPC Trader update.

• Yeah I was basically would like to have similar to companion in Skyrim. Even if they can't do much other than stay in my house, garden, chop wood, stand at market trading products, and cook foods. I think a personalized companion is always nice to customize with an AI script. Even if without scripting if they just roam around and defend my village or could be just like simple AI as SIMS where they just walk around pretending like they are using chairs, items, beds & crafting stations. Maybe the Animal/Monster AI behavior would also benefit from that AI allowing monsters to have command line scripts inside temples such as you approach it triggers something like an event.

But I don't expect any of that to happen it's just a thought experiment.

I would like horses too especially for me, I am currently working on a castle there are no trains going to appear in medieval era village so horses if they don't require you feed them constantly would be nice to have on the property. Same would be for NPC villagers I just let them occupy the town. Even if they are independent of me if we could spawn in various NPCs from a list tagging them to an object or zone so they don't leave that zone or roam far beyond that object.

• Hmmm. ... i wonder if lua scripting could be use to have a fox companion follow you around. I dont know enough about how to write scripts for rising world. I dont know of documentation that exists for the current api.

I thought I heard the game is going to get rid of that LUA replace with Java?

• It will but lua is what we have now and at best i can understand the syntax by looking at existing scripts but i still do not know what api methods and variables are available in rising world. If someone who has written scripts already could help then i would appreciate it.

• Important: Boats need to be customized + have a storage chest container somewhere within to haul goods across the map. Learn from Minecraft's failures.

+1 for the idea of boat storage. Personally I don't want to go the route that ARK did were you can build a tiny raft as a platform and build upon it. In ARK you can build a mobile fortress on one map equipped with sevreal storage containers and all the crafting stations, furnaces, refrigerators, and defense turrets!!!!.

But some boat storage would be nice. Maybe a tiny chest with half the storage of a barrel would work. What I would wold like more than anything is to have a craftable backpack. I'd even be ok with the backpack replacing the existing player inventory which is massive (one can carry a whole forest in their pocket). The backpack can be worn or placed in the world and moved around as you wish. I can put a few items in the backpack and set it in down in your house, not a table, a chair, or even in the boat :)

• Oh, please, no! Don't replace our inventory with a backpack. Imagine how tedious deep mining would become. I would love to add backpacks, though. And maybe if mine carts were a thing...

Well, I'm not in charge of developing here but, It would be nice to eventually switch to a backpack system with smaller inventory eventually. Once we have horse-drawn carts, mine carts, mine elevators and some kind of stone conveyor (hopefully) then there really wont be much need to have a massive player inventory and I know many others here want to do away with the Minecraft style of carrying aforest in your pocket.

• +1 for the idea of boat storage. Personally I don't want to go the route that ARK did were you can build a tiny raft as a platform and build upon it. In ARK you can build a mobile fortress on one map equipped with several storage containers and all the crafting stations, furnaces, refrigerators, and defense turrets!!!!.

But some boat storage would be nice. Maybe a tiny chest with half the storage of a barrel would work. What I would wold like more than anything is to have a craftable backpack. I'd even be ok with the backpack replacing the existing player inventory which is massive (one can carry a whole forest in their pocket). The backpack can be worn or placed in the world and moved around as you wish. I can put a few items in the backpack and set it in down in your house, not a table, a chair, or even in the boat :)

Then don't. Red wanted to do something along a skeleton type design that you would just add presets onto it, or just be able to do just enough that you can personalize it, now with the added bonus of being able to tend to its durability. You'll have to treat your vehicles with care.

I don't expect ARK or Stranded Deep style, just more Subnautica style in a proper manner that you would get a vessel, customize it in various places, and just do as you please. I'd expect the inventory type seen in Subnautica to carry over in Rising World's language to allow for similar player inventory space to be had in Rising World. It would be massive in cargo boats, yet small in fishing boats & such. By cargo boats, I mean those barges you see in New York & on the Danube River.

Normal fishing boat: https://upload.wikimedia.org/w…Danube_river_-_Serbia.JPG

Cargo traveling boat (ocean grade):
    http://www.sparklesandshoes.co…-Danube-River-700x467.jpg
    (That boat in the bottom right. Just a general shape & size of it.)

-------------

Ocean-Grade Boats:

Red51 also created a void that now needs to be filled for the ocean role that I'd just pick the 'Flower-Class Corvette' from WW2 to fit that role. It's small, yet big enough that it could count as the largest ship in the game. It managed to cross the ocean during War time & converted to civilian use that it's a 'Swiss army knife' of a boat. To clarify: I asked if we can have any Danube related boats with him saying some are just too big. Small boats won't be able to go into the ocean for brutal damages. This implies there'll be ocean boats, or none at all. If yes, I vote Flower-Class Corvettes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower-class_corvette
    & HMCS Sackville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbmac/2791849455

This could tend to long-journey travels on the water, more so when oceans are made more weavy, and less in an oval manner. My 'Poi!' world has three ocean biomes next to one another that it's just a copy & paste job by the code, yet shall eventually explore enough that I hope to find it being more open & more natural. Sunday I should be able to explore my world, yet from what I saw that even this world could use this kind of size of a vessel. Red51 wants to keep vehicles small, with this being the biggest, yet smallest vessel to us for ocean-grade weather & jobs.

Red51 could even add in various sorts of equipment for us to deal with for GPS, radio, navigation, and such. Lightly touching up on sub-sim (naval sim), yet just detailed enough that we could personalize it via equipment. Changing it from steam, diesel, & electric. We should be able to do conversion to boats. Imagine also fishing using these vessels, not just for cargo. That, and to carry vehicles around using this type of boat by dealing with its conversions for various roles.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!