When rail system arrives

• I heard that a railroad system may appear in RW, so i made a few suggstions of what i would like to see in Rising world:

• Track ballast

• Railroad switch

• Catenary

Also i wanted to give devs some examples of trains.
    And of course, do not copy the entire models, make it very similar.

Electric multiple unit:

Steam locomotive:

Diesel locomotives:

Eletric locomotives:

Dielsel multiple unit:

Diesel railcar:

Passenger cars:

and freight cars whatever...
    Don't forget the small details.

P.s: and signaling.

• i hope we get actual cities or Towns in single player, or having a rail system would be kinda piontless.

The point of the game is to build your own civilization from scratch ( Rising world )
    here's where multiplayer is the biggest part of this game.
    or do you mean NPC's to populate these towns and cities ?
    ----------------------------------------

@SACK This thread is kinda pointless, obviously the Dev already knows what rail systems are all about and where to find resources for it. There's no need to suggest it as it's already listed on the Planned features list of the main website. https://www.rising-world.net/en/page/more/features.html

I'm just saying...

• A flatbed car that can transport crates,chests etc.
    Passenger car for transporting NPCs to other cities,towns.
    Tanker car for transporting fuel,liquids.
    Cargo car for hay,coal,crates etc.
    Cattle car for animals.Lure them in with food.

It would be so awesome!!!

• Seeing as how this is a German made game I feel that Red51 should focus on European type trains. The equipment could be the same, yet the trains could be more European streamlined & such. If you do want North American trains then I'd be amused if Red51 took the time to loosely model an inspiration of Canada's Bombardier trains that are used locally & in Europe.

http://www.bombardier.com/en/t…-and-regional-trains.html

As for NPC towns it be neat to see tram networks with tram tracks hidden within the ground in a gimmicky manner. I'm sure it can be done, yet it be more towards the late game. Seeing as how we're going to get NPC merchants & such it should be interesting to see what happens single-player or multiplayer side.
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/…e:Bratislava_tram_R01.jpg

----------

Multiplayer is where it's also at when it comes to trains. You'll have to find friends to play it or else everything is just horrible. I guess I can see why you'll hide in singleplayer, yet private survival multiplayer is where most of the fun is at. I can't vouche for creative multiplayer because I find you have everything at the finger-tips that there's really nothing to do.

Just build your own civilization & railway network. What I've been doing in other games :P I also mentioned this many months ago, yet nobody gave a crap. One person told me to go play train simulators........

• NPC is definitely in the plans.

For trains, I envision a modular system that begins with various engine types, including a classical steam, diesel, and diesel/electric hybrid. Each engine type should have different towing capacities to limit the number of cars that can be towed. The flatbed car suggested above should also be buildable so we can build custom vehicles (e.g. circus cars with windows ontop for the giraffes to stick their heads out).

I'd still like to see a light rail system with lower tow capacity
    The various car types should include commuter cars (maybe two per engine) but also include an electrical option so i can set up my people movers like in Disney :)

• I feel ya. There are narrow minded people out there that separate games and entities in them.We might not want to play train simulators.Thats the beauty of building our own towns.Not just buildings.If someone doesnt like trains,then they dont have to mess with them.Act like they dont exist in the game.
    Human mind is an abyss.!

• Check out the Freaks R Us server sometime. They have all the subway stations and long-stretching tunnels set up already, just waiting for a train system to be implemented. :)

Oh,I will soon start working on train stations,connection with little towns in different biomes etc. If its implemented in the future,it is all good,If not,life goes on. I love whatever exists so far.Like mentioned before,those are all personal recommendations, we are not demanding it.We would like to see it.Even love it. Hope and excitement dies with the person.!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!