I know the primitive survival is in the works and we will be getting some more primitive tools eventually. I was thinking of also more primitive structures should be creaftable and crafted in the player's personal crafting menu, not a workbench. Basically we should be able to build a few varieties of primitive storage containers which have smaller storage capacity than their workbench counterparts. These would be great for situations where we are starting out and do not have the lumber to craft a sawbench.
As an example of, here are some storage containers in The Forest which are built out of sticks
So my suggestions are as follows.
- A basket made of thatch or reed
- A stick container (like in The Forest) held together with plant fibers which can hold a few objects
- The ability to collect plant fibers (or use possibly use cut grass) or coconut husks
- Coconuts added to beach trees to be used as a food and drink source and the husk as a source of fiber.
- Implementation of reed, hemp and other new plants (I know this was discussed before and is in the works but its all related to being able to collect thatch and plant fibers so I'm bringing it up again)
- With the implementation of the above, add a new circular saw blade and a sawblade component to the anvil and make these required ingredients for crafting a sawbench.