I want to start out by saying that overall I love the music in the game. I just have a few praises/criticisms to make.
My descriptions will likely be horrible because I don't know for sure what to call each track (except the main title and the Christmas title). Also, I'm not too well educated in music so I'm not sure what all the instruments are called. Anyways , here goes...
1. One of the initial songs added with the texture overhaul (it sounds like another song I think added with the biomes update.. but is shorter and does not have a piano solo nor a certain melody that is present in a few others and #2 on this list began with before the into was modified). It doesn't seem to really add anything to the game. The longer version is nicer but it may be because I love piano so much). I wonder if the shorter one is an attempt at adding ambient music to the game (I'm a huge ambient and space music fan so I kind have a feel for that kind of stuff). I was wondering if this one might be improved on as well.
2. The one song remixed and has the pipe organ intro added sounds amazing and is much improved over the old version
3. The sleigh bell sounds in the Christmas title were removed (you can set your PC date to 12/25 to get the alternative title screen music to play) and I actually really liked it how it was before
4. Another piece of music has a wind effect added in. I personally find this hauntingly beautiful in itself However, perhaps later on down the road, when weather is added, the wind effect could either be dropped from the music and played as a SFX. Wind should pick up strongly at this specific point. Also this seems only appropriate for winter biomes, i've heard it play in other areas too but it just has that certain "chill" to it
5. In general, certain pieces of music should play at certain times in the day/night cycle or in certain biomes (I think this is Waveshapr's goal because some of the titles in the fmod file are labeled like "transition to snowy biome", or "snowy biome 1" however I don't feel the music is completely implemented to be daycycle or biome specific)... One specific song has a "rising" sound as part of it's melody. This seems most appropriate to hear at sunrise while the other calm melodic daytime tunes are more appropriate for various times in the afternoon. However I've heard this at other times throughout the day.