I'm going to be honest here. There are tons of open-world survival games on Steam. Most of them are early access, and most of them are nearly indistinguishable from each other. Some of the games have zombies, and some don't, but they all focus on realism, building, and survival. This game is similar to those games, except it is based more similarly to Minecraft. Here's how I think this game can distinguish itself from the others.
One of Minecraft's biggest "competitors" is Terraria. If you don't know, Terraria is a 2D, open-world, crafting game. As Terraria is 2D and uses low-resolution textures like Minecraft, there are tons of different enemies, NPCs, armors, weapons, blocks, etc. Most of Terraria's focus is on fantasy items, with a hint of real-world items too (There's magic AND guns). As far as I know, there aren't any finished 3D Terraria-like games on the market. Here are some things Rising World could have to distinguish itself:
- Various biomes, such as one with tons of ravines and gems, or one with tall mountains and bridges)
- Floating islands
- Unique enemies (Doesn't have to be zombies, could be orc, or even a bunch of crazy human tribesmen)
- Stronger boss enemies (Dragons, etc.)
- Magic and/or magical weapons
- Medieval-like armor/weapons
- More modern-like armor/weapons
- Item modifiers/enchantments
- NPCs and markets
- A lot of customization options
- Progression (Start off weak, but go up against more powerful enemies as you get better)
This is the list I have now, and I know some people may disagree in the direction the game would go, but it already has Mythril ore and a Hell biome under the map, so I think it wouldn't be unwelcome. This was a very simple list, but if I need to go more in-depth, I will. Thanks for reading.