Hey folks! A new update is now available which introduces some new content.
First of all, bows are finally available now. We added three different bows, one of them is only obtainable from dungeons. Currently bows use the same arrows as the crossbow, but maybe this will change in the future.
We also added a chainsaw, so we have a high-tier wood cutting complement to the mining drill.
Apart from that, we have two stylish knights armors in the game now (and three associated helmets). Armors now actually protect you.
Another interesting feature is the ability to spawn human "dummy NPCs". Even though this is a very early and limited feature, it's an important step towards having real NPCs in the game. Unfortunately you cannot really interact with them yet, but nevertheless, they still turn your world into a much livelier place.
In order to spawn them, you can use the "spawnnpc dummy" console command. If you don't want the NPC to wander around, you can lock/freeze it by typing "locknpc" into console. If you don't want your NPC to take any damage, you can use the command "setnpcinvincible". You can also change the appearance of the NPC by using the new "setnpcskin" command. Of course there will be better solutions for NPC handling in the medium run.
Last but not least we reworked the server browser, it no longer uses the Steam masterserver for the time being. This means all servers should be visible in the server list again.
Stay tuned for the next update, which will finally introduce mounts!
- [New] New weapons: three different bows
- [New] New tool: chainsaw
- [New] Added dummy human NPC, which can be spawned via command "spawnnpc dummy"
- [New] Added two knights armors and three associated helmets
- [New] New clothing item for Easter: bunny mask
- [New] Added "locknpc" command to lock/freeze certain NPCs
- [New] Added "setnpcinvincible" command to make certain NPCs invincible
- [New] Added "setnpcskin" command to change skin of certain NPCs
- [New] Added setting (config.properties) to turn off the map grid
- [New] Armor actually protects you now
- [New] Light items float in water now
- [Change] Crosshair is now visible for crossbow and bows
- [Change] Updated dungeon loot
- [Change] Changed visualization of player groups/parties (now uses 3D marker to show members)
- [Change] Server browser no longer uses Steam Masterserver (so you will be able to find all servers now)
- [Change] When spawning an NPC, it now looks into your direction by default
- [Change] Miningdrill sounds are now properly synced in multiplayer
- [Change] Blood effect (when hitting NPCs/animals) slightly changed
- [Bugfix] Fixed new player bans not working properly in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed adding/removing favorite servers in server browser
- [Bugfix] Fixed some syncing issues in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed error in source query protocol which returned a wrong challenge-response
- [Change] Command "setnpcskin" no longer overrides parameters which are not set
- [Bugfix] Fixed favorite servers in ingame server list
Hotfix 2018-03-25 (0.9.2.6):
- [New] You can assign names to NPCs now
- [New] Added GUI to change name and appearance of dummy NPCs (type "editnpc" into console)
- [Change] Tweaked some sounds
- [Change] NPCs should no longer fall through the ground (need feedback)
- [Change] Updated aiming position of bows
- [Change] Dummy NPCs no longer sleep during night
- [Change] Steel hoe can now also be used to craft "farmland blocks"
- [Bugfix] Fixed death animation of npcs getting stuck in endless loop
- [Bugfix] Fixed flickering clothing and items
- [Bugfix] Player no longer falls through ground if it's made out of construction elements and not fully loaded yet
- [Bugfix] Fixed pain and death sounds of female dummy npc
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash when debug console was active
Hotfix 2018-03-29 (0.9.2.7):
- [New] Group members are now visible on the ingame map (M)
- [New] Added setting "game_bows_hide_crosshair" to config to disable crosshair for bows
- [Change] Improved sync of other players chainsaw sound (in multiplayer)
- [Change] Dummy NPCs no longer get scared by gunshots
- [Change] Reduced max view distance of NPC nametags
- [Change] NPC nametags are no longer visible through walls
- [Change] Command "editnpc" is now also available for animals (only for changing animal name)
- [Change] Color codes ("[#RRGGBB]") work properly for NPC names now (allows you to change NPC nametag color)
- [Bugfix] Fixed sitting and laying positions of other players in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed missing sitting animation
- [Bugfix] Fixed custom color fields in NPC edit window (small gear wheel icon)
- [Bugfix] Fixed broken 3D markers for group members (multiplayer)
- [Bugfix] 3D markers of other group members will be removed now when the player disconnects (multiplayer)
- [Bugfix] Fixed bug which caused the player to get stuck in the loading screen ("Connecting...")
- [Bugfix] Fixed missing debug texts (F3) when playing via P2P
- [Bugfix] Hopefully fixed issue with pitch black clothes and skin (need feedback)
- [Bugfix] Fixed "offlineban" command