Merry Christmas!

• Hey folks! We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We hope you enjoy the holidays and have a great time! :)

We would like to take the opportunity to give you a small status update of the new version. Right in time for Christmas we have a new screenshot for you:

xmas.jpg

The log cabin and fireplace were built with construction elements. As you can certainly see, lighting and shadows will improve considerably with the new version. In addition to that, we will use more detailed models (for the furniture, for example) and higher resolution textures.

Apart from that, we decided to stick to FMOD as audio engine. We've implemented a voice chat recently, with the ability to post-process the voice data (e.g. when the player uses a megaphone or walkie-talkie).

Unfortunately there will be no playable demo this year, because it's still too unfinished. However, we'll try to get a playable demo ready in early 2020.

As always, if you want to get more information about the development progress, you can check out our roadmap on Trello: https://trello.com/b/t5Leypcj/rising-world-development

Stay tuned for a thrilling year 2020!

• Thank you for this screenshot, that's sounds good :) the shadows are nice and giving a better real feeling !
    Merry Christmas for you too and Happy new year !

Admin on  Artisans Realm

Edited once, last by Helie ().

• It looks great! I love how the fire casts a shadow on the floor. Its amazing!

So you were able to build that in the new version already? Then you are quite far. Don´t let us wait too long with that Tech-Demo :whistling:

• Happy New Year to you all! GENIUSES

I go to M-Craft... complicated blocks
    Found Creativerse... simpler and more fun but STILL BLOCKS hehe
    My friend tells me you gotta see this Rising world
    FINE.... I'll try THIS ONE TOO

Holy mother of god I'm HOME
    This game gets SO many things right! THANK YOU devs. This was money WELL SPENT

• Love the cozy feeling of the screenshot there @red51 keep up the amazing work! :) If I had to ask anything about the demo it would have to be about the new computer specifications for the gameplay? With higher resolutions it does make the game really come to life and it looks great! Though much like it's predecessor I imagine a lot of this will be able to be changed in the configuration files.I Imagine alot of this would be able to be changed in the configuration files.

• Thank you very much! :)

So you were able to build that in the new version already?

Well, the cabin and fireplace were made out of construction elements, but there are still no proper building mechanics implemented ^^ We have a lot of plans regarding the building mechanics (and there are so many things that could be improved compared to the old Rising World building mechanics) so it will probably take some time until that's ready (but actually that doesn't necessarily delay the release of the tech demo) ;)

If I had to ask anything about the demo it would have to be about the new computer specifications for the gameplay?

Unfortunately I can't say much about the hardware requirements yet... but if you're able to play Rising World now, you will also be able to play the new version ;)

But of course the new effects (shadows etc) will have an impact on performance. Depending on the hardware, you will have to disable these effects in the worst case :| Although when playing on minimum settings, the new version will still look better compared to the old one (on min settings)^^

I Imagine alot of this would be able to be changed in the configuration files.

Oh yes, there will be lots of setting in the config file. This time the config file will also have comments for most settings, this makes it easier to determine what a particular setting actually does ^^

• red51

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!