First playable version now available!

• Re the pick: If you tried running around holding a pick with your hands together like this you'd be exhausted and have bad wrists in a few minutes (any you'd look mighty odd!) :D

This terrible drawing shows how you'd hold a pick - righthand top right, left out of view (down near your stomach) at bottom (might be different for your weirdos as I'm a normal left-hander :D :D)

• I missed the Christmas tree but leave it to Red to make an impressive demo with lots of teasers of what is to come. ;)

Maybe the door is locked and time sensitive, only open on Christmas. I'll set my clock forward and see what happens. I wouldn't be suprised if Red put some easter eggs in here for us to discover.

Heh. I love the teases, even if they're unintentional. I love how we can also lock doors and have double doors open at same time.

Hmm... if performance is causing trouble, maybe create a new topic in the Help section with some information about your hardware (and your current config) :) Then we can check out what's going on there.

Sure, I'll see about tweaking a few things and if it still persists I'll send it your way via Help Section :)

• I want 2 know if oneday I will be able to use this in VR on my Oculus quest 2, Mainly my quest 2 sits on my table because I can't find any games I like very much

VR support is planned in the long run, but I'm afraid the new version won't run on an Oculus Quest 2 :| The new version has quite a high base overhead - this greatly increases performance on large view distances and worlds consisting of lots of buildings, but as a result, it performs horrible on weak hardware (even if all graphics features are disabled).

However, one option for 2021 could be to add a separate, "low end" version of Rising World with limited graphics features. In our latest survey, we're specifically asking people about what they think about such a version. That version would run on a Quest 2 in theory.

This terrible drawing shows how you'd hold a pick - righthand top right, left out of view (down near your stomach) at bottom (might be different for your weirdos as I'm a normal left-hander :D :D)

Thanks for the drawing, this makes things a lot clearer ^^ We will definitely think about that. Finding a proper animation for a first person view is always a bit tricky - we need a good balance between realism and proper first-person-view :D

Also, the radial menu (not a great fan of these but can live with it) for chests should probably say 'Open/Close Chest' :D

Oh, it was intended to show "Close Chest" if the chest is open :D Just like the door menu... we'll change that^^

Sure, I'll see about tweaking a few things and if it still persists I'll send it your way via Help Section :)

Sounds great! :):thumbup:

• He, he, a little undocumented feature I have discovered.

After exploring for a while I stopped for a real-life meal.

Afterwards my character's drink icon was red.

I change the weather to 'snow' then started up my second computer to go on the forum. I have just looked over at my main system and my character's drink icon is now bright green!

The poor character must be sticking out his tongue to catch snowflakes and his tongue and mouth must be frozen by now! :drooling:

• He, he, a little undocumented feature I have discovered.

Hehe, yeah indeed, snow and rain quench your thirst :D Even though in real life it's certainly not a good idea to eat snow if you're thirsty... :saint:

Hello just updated the game and i get a unity jpg image error.

Did the crash dialog show up? In this case, please send a report to us, that would be very helpful :) Alternatively have a look for the log file - to find it, press your Windowskey + R and type %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World, there should be a "Player.log" file. Please upload that file here (maybe create a separate topic in the Help section) or alternatively send it via mail to support@jiw-games.net

• Thank you soo much just sent the error report via email

Thanks for the error log! Is there maybe also a Player.log file? It would contain a few additional information :) However, the crash occurred in the atidxx64 dll which indicates that the crash was caused by the graphics driver... maybe try to download and install the latest graphics driver from the AMD homepage and see if the issue persists.

• Thanks for the error log! Is there maybe also a Player.log file? It would contain a few additional information :) However, the crash occurred in the atidxx64 dll which indicates that the crash was caused by the graphics driver... maybe try to download and install the latest graphics driver from the AMD homepage and see if the issue persists.

Thanks soo much i was afraid it was the driver but i hoped not. thank you soo much tho will look into getting the driver updated.

Mitzi Owner ASGARD server

Discord: discord.gg/cHj63WX

Server: Find Asgard in the server list or join with ip address (185.249.196.18:4100)

• big gold star award goes to you red518),awsome to finally see the demo:D,im interested in when the water:wow:, will be some for us to play about with in the demo ? lol i had fun checking it all out so far ,my pc was straining though after i had been flying around for a while,wonderfull job so far :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• the swinging block and the ability to throw things will make for interesting inventions<3 the glass bottles are a nice addition:thumbup:,had fun knocking everything over heheheh:Dthe guns were also fun to shoot and move evrything around with;) the terrain tools are great and theres some nice blending for the dirt to stone8) lol red51 there goes

thousands more hours of playing rising world:thumbup::wow::thumbup:

• Hi!

Everything looks great and I like it so far. Only thing I found out was, that you can paint things with roller, but it doesnt change colour of that item.

:)

• Everything looks great and I like it so far. Only thing I found out was, that you can paint things with roller, but it doesnt change colour of that item.

Thanks! Yeah unfortunately there is a bug with the paint roller, we're working on a fix for that ;)

I moved the game files to ssd

Thanks for letting us know! Still not sure what caused the original error, looked like some game files could not be accessed :thinking: But I'm glad to hear it works now :D

• Is there a way to reset the world? I found out that dying replaces all the items lying around the level but doesn't restore the terrain and structures. For example I've mined some of the mountain and destroyed some objects like the birdhouse/clocks, and I want to reset so I can have those back to how they were. :)

• Is there a way to reset the world? I found out that dying replaces all the items lying around the level but doesn't restore the terrain and structures. For example I've mined some of the mountain and destroyed some objects like the birdhouse/clocks, and I want to reset so I can have those back to how they were. :)

There's no in-game method yet but since the current single player game is generated statically, you can simply delete the old one then re-launch the game to have it re-generated.

Default location for most players is going to be here in windows:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rising World\_New Version\Worlds
    The word is saved in the folder called "New World". Delete this folder and re-launch the game

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!