Survival aspect idea

• My idea is about base raids by hostile npc.

Im not a big fan of that but if done right it can add to the game.

The biggest issue is planks and beams. People work hard to create something nice and don't want it to get destroyed by bandits.

Idea 1... Hostiles aim for doors or windows, not walls. Easy to fix.

Idea 2... Build what you like with planks and beams, indestructible by Hostiles. Use a blueprint to copy the stuff and add an option to blueprints that its supposed zo be destructible by npc.

Then place blueprint overlaying the original build and by that replace it. When npc now attack they can damage the walls.

After the attack a ghost image of the structure, as with blueprints, is still there and can be filled with the material.

It's an idea to add more survival without damaging the building aspect

• Or, whatever a NPC destroys is logged by the server.

I meant as in record the data for each pnb destroyed by an NPC.

If the NPC destroyed 50 pnbs the cost would be x to repair, if the NPC destroyed 200 pnb it would be x * 4 to repair.

The servers' already keep track of the location of each pnb and associated texture. It wouldn't take a huge leap to record destroyed pnb via NPCs (up to a max "undos") and then charge for their replacement.

• There was a discussion about destroying npcs or monster like creepers. Nobody would be happy about destroyed buildings, why do we have area protection that this dosen't happen i.e a protection against destructive player? Then we need protection against destructive npcs. If you imagine buildings that took over 1000 hours of playtime to work, then none of these players would play on such a server. Server owners are proud of the beautiful buildings of their players. Nobody wants to show destroyed creations.

Maybe a plugin could realize such requests.

• There was a discussion about destroying npcs or monster like creepers. Nobody would be happy about destroyed buildings, why do we have area protection that this dosen't happen i.e a protection against destructive player? Then we need protection against destructive npcs. If you imagine buildings that took over 1000 hours of playtime to work, then none of these players would play on such a server. Server owners are proud of the beautiful buildings of their players. Nobody wants to show destroyed creations.

Maybe a plugin could realize such requests.

I am talking about the survival aspect, if you read the topic ;)

You are not playing in survival so it doesn´t concern you. However as i wrote above the destructable wouldn´t be a default option. You first have to take some efforts to switch the status of your built structures from indestructible to destructible.
    I wouldn´t do that with everything of course but i do like to have to defend against some attackers. That gives the world a feeling of life.

And i can see a lot of new games on the market that one way or the other force players to defend against hostile NPC while building or to have to build in order to defend against them. These games are a lot more successful than Rising World. In my opinion thats a shame as RW has so much more to offer. But if customers want a possibility to have to fight to survive it would be a mistake to not think about how to implement that.
    After all more sells would support further development, which in the end is something we all want for this game.

• fast jeder Aktuelle Server (Java Version) hat das Plugin für Eigentum Schutz installiert. da es immer noch solche Spaßvögel gibt die meinen sie müssten das erbaute zerstören. wenn wir jetzt die Möglichkeit hätten das die npc Sachen zerstören können ,dann würde dieses Plugin ja unnötig sein, da ja dann auch Spieler wieder alles zerstören können. dies soll sich ja mit der Unity Version ändern .also ein Eigentum schütz ist dann schon mit einprogrammiert. Leider war mit ein Grund warum es viele Spieler nur kurzzeitig dieses spiel spielen war eben diese Spaßvögel.

almost every current server (Java version) has installed the plugin for property protection. because there are still such jokers who think they have to destroy the built. if we now had the possibility that the npc can destroy things, then this plugin would be unnecessary, because then players can destroy everything again. this is to change with the Unity version . so a property protection is then already programmed with. Unfortunately, with a reason why it was many players only briefly play this game just these jokers.

• I am talking about the survival aspect, if you read the topic ;)

You are not playing in survival so it doesn´t concern you.

I find your comment a bit blatant, because I'm no longer playing survival, am I not allowed to have a say? oO. I'm lost for words. :thumbdown:

I have been server admin for years, where the players play both ways, so the survival aspect is well known to me.

If contributions or my own opinion are immediately put down as negative, then this is not a contribution that is worth reading for me.

• This idea is getting off the rail.

Deirdre - you wrote about creative aspect and seem to have understood that i want player structures destructable on default. Which is not the case. while i wrote about a suggestion for survival players. What you wrote is not relevant for my suggestion as you took the wrong assumption.

Don't take it the wrong way. Just you understood my idea wrong and that's why what you wrote doesn't concern my idea.

I also play creative and want my 1000 hour building save. But i still may want to feel the tickle to defend a wall or castle, even if my precious cathedral is save. Therfore i share your opinion on creative and in general. And i agree as per default in this game player made structures should not be destructable. Just that wasn't the topic.

ebisgames

Player damage is different to npc damage. And as i suggested the basic setting would be that structures are not destructable. Only if my blueprint suggestion is applied by the builder this would change.

Seems i didn't express myself very clearly. :/

• Hi everyone,

a slightly different look at this subject.

A while ago I made a paintball type battleground for two grandsons to fight on.

( Yes I have two legal copies of Rising World because of the formula;

two brats+ one copy of game= trouble!

Before I turned them loose I backed up the world folder of the battleground, when I went to reload the save it didn't work. I since found out I also had to back up the battleground in the map folder.

Well my idea is to have the option while in creative to set the world to 'Read Only' mode and when some one goes to play it in survival a one session copy of the world is made.

That way the next time that world is run all the damage is repaired.

• I read the thread on my handy and I was not aware that this isn't a discussion, but a suggestion.

it is okay Deirdre. I wasn´t very clear probably and didn´t want to offend anyone. I like both world - creative and survival. So my suggestion was about bringing in some extra kick for those who want to build and defend but at the same time don´t force anyone to do that.

• Just my 2 cents on this subject on destructive elements how about when starting a new game there was another option to have this has a "hardcore" gameplay? after all there has been a few games now that have an option for permadeath, and at least having this on servers you the player can decide do I go into this know that everything that I build "could" be destroyed unless you the player intervenes but even this could cause problems around other players builds (ie stand by this players build and watch it get attacked)

I have only just started playing Valheim and building walls/spikes around ur building is a big must as soon as possible.

• My idea was to have survival players together, not split between creative survival and hard core survival. Let players decide on their own if they want their construction destructable

And don't start with valheim please. Its a phenomenon such a Crappy game gets that much attention :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!