Iron Ore

• Unfortunately the spawn setting does not affect the surface iron boulders, it only affects the underground ores... maybe it's necessary if we further increase the amount of ore that spawns underground :thinking: It's unfortunately a bit tricky to find it due to the lack of caves :/

• I have been searching for an hour and I haven't founds any ore at all. I have the ore set to the highest amount, and I've been digging away for quite a while now. I think the ore spawn rate needs to be higher.

I've figured out a temporary solution for the hard-to-find ores. I go into creative mode and use the terrain tools to "paint" iron ore terrain onto the rocks. Then I switch out of creative mode, and excavate the iron ore I placed. :)

• If you searching to the new biomes, you will find a lot of iron ore :).

But it is still very hard, to find it underground...

I gess, there is some missbalancing some where between the areas...

at the new biome, i hat in Minutes more than 100 iron ore.

The best way is to fly over the water, then a new biome should be greated.

I hat also trouble, finding some ore...

• akso ich habe jetzt mal 3x die welt regeneriert bei allen einstellungen (wenig, normal, und viel) und habe immer an irgendeinem strand dann bügeleisen gefunden, nicht viel so ca 10 - 50 eisen aber für den anfang sollte es reichen.

• akso ich habe jetzt mal 3x die welt regeneriert bei allen einstellungen (wenig, normal, und viel) und habe immer an irgendeinem strand dann bügeleisen gefunden, nicht viel so ca 10 - 50 eisen aber für den anfang sollte es reichen.

interessant, bin irgendwo an einem Berg gestartet, aber Eisen habe ich fast nicht gefunden. Nur zufällig an einem Berg ein paar Brocken....

• Can't find ore? Keep exploring/keep digging.

I'm calling the biome the Fe Forest where iron boulders are just laying around on the surface. There's plenty to get you started in just one of them, but I've explored and found several Fe Forests in the area. I've also mined a mountain under one of these forests. It took a while, but I found some iron, tungsten, and coal. (With ore level=default.) Not much, admittedly, but that makes the discovery all the more rewarding. :) I think my favorite part of this update so far is the fact that ores and food are *just scarce enough* to make every find a valuable treat.

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• If someone have problems with finding iron (like me): looks like all iron is in one single biome that looks like mixed forest.

I think that iron should be rebalanced a bit as looks like all other biomes don't have iron at all, and you can spend hours in searching of it (in survival it will be even worse). Probably other biomes can have one boulder per 300-500 units, so it will be at least possible to make basic workbench

• So, what's the verdict? Will there be a hotfix to address this causing us to restart our worlds one more time (as rumours stated) or do we keep our worlds? I was planning to do one restart, just waiting on the word on Red51 if we keep our world or create a new one.

Ores were indeed hard to find, I had to go so far to the point I got lost. I even streamed my experience (if a bit rushed and scuffed) to the point I was surprised to find it painfully far away.

• It's unfortunately a bit tricky to find it due to the lack of caves

Once caves are implement I assume this will solve the "issue"?

I would edge on caution if increaseing ore levels now, means that when caves are implemented finding ore will be almost the opposite - too easy and remove the fun out of finding some.

• Currently the highest spawn rate of surface iron ore boulders is indeed in the deciduous forests. Coniferous forests unfortunately don't spawn any iron ore (we'll change that), and meadows only have a low spawn rate... this is also something we will change.

So, what's the verdict? Will there be a hotfix to address this causing us to restart our worlds one more time (as rumours stated) or do we keep our worlds? I was planning to do one restart, just waiting on the word on Red51 if we keep our world or create a new one.

No, there is no need to restart worlds if we change the ore distribution. I guess for now we will increase the surface ore spawn rate ^^

When it comes to underground ores, it would be a bit tricky if we want to revert the spawn rate again after the cave update...

Once caves are implement I assume this will solve the "issue"?

I would edge on caution if increaseing ore levels now, means that when caves are implemented finding ore will be almost the opposite - too easy and remove the fun out of finding some.

Yes, definitely. The Java version, for example, spawned more than twice as many ores if caves were disabled - otherwise it was hard to find ores without caves.

But if we now spawn more ores, caves will be full of ore once they're implemented.

We're looking for a solution to increase ore spawn temporarily without causing too much issues with the cave update...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!