Portals Plugin for Unity

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • looks good. is there a way we could change the font size of the name ourselfs? If not then the font size for the names could be a bit larger. :D

ill add a height and font size option in the admin main settings panel i need to code this and have already started

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • BUMP version 2 is now uploaded

version 2

has names for both ends

has databases for each world

an adjustment for the placing of the name tag

no longer need to hit enter, just exit the menu

A database delete will be needed sorry

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump Another Update

version 3

• has names for both ends
    • has databases for each world
    • no longer need to hit enter, just exit the menu
    • Now has Admin Setting Command is /portals use the in game chat for the commands
    • Admins can now teleport to any portal in the Admin Panel
    • Admins can rename any portal in the Admin panel
    • Admins can now Delete portal sets A portal set, A set, Is the entrance and exit

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yahgiggle thanks, just tested latest (clean install v3, plugins folder was empty). my results thus far:

portal works fine and a 2way portal which is nice! great sound effect and animation.

issues:

Portal name text is not appearing on either portal (like in your screenshots)

If I delete portal (via /plugins), the graphic still shows (but the portal stops working as expected)

If I use RP (reload plugin) command, it makes the portal graphic go away, but plugin will not reload unless i restart server (p or o do not work after rp command)

suggestions:

ability to resize portals (e.g. make large enough to ride future mounts through)

ability to change opacity of portal graphic (so we can set them barely visible or even invisible if needed)

ability to rotate portals on Y axis (make portal face up or down vs just the direction your are facing when placing as it is now)

ability to add one way portal (point of no return) :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• ATM you need to log off and back on for name tags to show after you place them, also the same goes with deleting them

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • also get real close to the portal and look in the corona just above the portal and the name is there. yahgiggle needs to add an adjustment for name placing and size of font. Right now the name font is verry small just above the portal as I have said :)

I agree the font is small, it's very hard to know what users would like, too big and they may moan too small and they may moan, everyone has there own opinion on what's right, so in deed I think adding the option to adjust the height, and size is definitely needed, also I'll add other types of looking portals, I think the option to have other looks would be of big benefit to everyone. Anyway the main foundation is done, so now I'll slow down and get some needed rest lol

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I've also tested it once ... if the portals aren't aligned in the same direction, I get out at the side at the exit (e.g. entrance facing north and exit turned towards west) ... it's difficult to let the character arrive according to the portal orientation ?

• I've also tested it once ... if the portals aren't aligned in the same direction, I get out at the side at the exit (e.g. entrance facing north and exit turned towards west) ... it's difficult to let the character arrive according to the portal orientation ?

The API has a bug in the rotation ATM, I've spoken to red about this bug and once it's fixed the rotation of the player and portals will get an upgrade, but ATM we have to put up with the way it is.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Man, i really need help. Feeling like a beginner but it´s been too long since i used a plugin.

How do i "install" it? I copied the zip file into Unitys plugin-folder. But then ingame there is no reaction to pressing p or o and neither entering "portal" in the console.
    I also tried unpacking the zip file to plugin folder but no result neither.

• Du mußt in dem Plugins Ordner einen neuen Ordner namens Portals anlegen und den Inhalt der ZIP-Datei dahin kopieren. Dann funktioniert das Plugin auch ;-)

You have to create a new folder called Portals in the Plugins folder and copy the contents of the ZIP file there. Then the plugin works too ;-)

• one more quick question:

Everything the plugin does appears in the chat... Is it only visible to admins, or is it visible to everyone... or could it be switched off somehow?

Otherwise it would be a chat spammer in my eyes (even as an admin I would rather read the chat than all these plugin messages) ;)

• Hallo ich habe das problem das ich das Plugin nicht auf den Server zum laufen bekomme.
    Bekomme in der Log Error angezeigt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I have the problem that I can't get the plugin to run on the server.

I get an error in the log

Files

• Log.log

(12.86 kB, downloaded 101 times, last: )
  • Hallo ich habe das problem das ich das Plugin nicht auf den Server zum laufen bekomme.
    Bekomme in der Log Error angezeigt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I have the problem that I can't get the plugin to run on the server.

I get an error in the log

Looks like the database is not made, this could be due to the write protection settings, check that the server has read and write settings setup correctly

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • one more quick question:

Everything the plugin does appears in the chat... Is it only visible to admins, or is it visible to everyone... or could it be switched off somehow?

Otherwise it would be a chat spammer in my eyes (even as an admin I would rather read the chat than all these plugin messages) ;)

This will get removed soon, 👍

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Somehow you can only get through the portal from one side - if you come from the other side you walk through without getting out at the destination. Can this be adjusted so that it doesn't matter how you go through the portal? If this should not work, an alignment function when creating the portal would be useful. The portals don't always work sporadically, so I have to go through them several times before I can get out at the other end - but I can't concretely reproduce this peculiarity.

I will probably only use one portal to jump between my two areas (my world and test area) instead of switching the test world every time via the main menu. In perspective, I hope for a nice teleporter where you can choose your destination. There is a GPS plugin for the old version (GPS Plug-in for world navigation and self-locating) . This is going wonderfully. However, with a menu and not graphically.

• Somehow you can only get through the portal from one side - if you come from the other side you walk through without getting out at the destination. Can this be adjusted so that it doesn't matter how you got through the portal? If this should not work, an alignment function when creating the portal would be useful. The portals don't always work sporadically, so I have to go through them several times before I can get out at the other end - but I can't concretely reproduce this peculiarity.

I will probably only use one portal to jump between my two areas (my world and test area) instead of switching the test world every time via the main menu. In perspective, I hope for a nice teleporter where you can choose your destination. There is a GPS plugin for the old version (GPS Plug-in for world navigation and self-locating) . This is going wonderfully. However, with a menu and not graphically.

When the rotation problem with the API is sorted, I should be able to make it so you're always facing away from the portal when you go through, for it not working every time, this could be one of two things, first there is a 10sec cool down before you jump again, this means you cannot jump for ten seconds after you just made a jump, or you may not be going through the center of the portal, if you are off to one side or you run and jump into it you may not jump as you have not been detected that you are inside it.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!