• The first version of WTGPortal's is ready.

You tube video here.

To Use:

Press the U key to open the menu.

Placement/edit options:

Name : enter a name and select the update button.

Set Hidden: currently not used! in the future this will be used to hide you're portals from other's. (currently only your portals and public portals are visible to you).

Set Public: allows the portal to be shown in the public portals list.

Set assist: is used if you have a hard time being detected in the portal. i will try to improve this in the future.

known issues:

when a portal is deleted or the portal assist setting is changed the player has to log out and back in for changes to take effect.

page number display not working.

currently no setting file.

Future Plans:

multiple portal variations.

portal tokens that will require crafting in order to place portals.

public and private teleportation scrolls to be used when there is not a portal around.

sound effects.

setting file to limit placed portals as well as crafting recipe's for tokens and scrolls.

To Install:

extract the WTGPortals.zip to you're plugins directory.

(tested and working in single player as well as dedicated server's)

To Update current install:

to update extract the most recent file and drag the WTGPortals.jar to you install folder and overwrite

v1.1 update:

fixed issue where you could teleport to a public portal but not from a public portal

(if you can travel to a portal you can also travel from the same portal).

v1.2 update:

fixed background image to support compression

• james1bow

Changed the title of the thread from “WTPPortals(WIP).” to “WTGPortals(WIP).”.
  • that looks good ... can you choose a destination here, e.g. uses a private portal to then reach a public one?

Of course you shouldn't reach private ones through public portals ...

or does one portal only lead to another portal (counterpart) when i use it?

• that looks good ... can you choose a destination here, e.g. uses a private portal to then reach a public one?

Of course you shouldn't reach private ones through public portals ...

or does one portal only lead to another portal (counterpart) when i use it?

my plans are......someone places a portal. you can edit color of portal name and add a short description. you can set a portal to public or private. ones that are listed as public will be select able from the public list. private portals will only show for the owner. a player can place one portal and use it to access all of their portals as well as all that have been set to public. im also thinking of a variant that has no effect so players can create their own portal rooms.

• james1bow

Changed the title of the thread from “WTGPortals(WIP).” to “WTGPortals”.
  • I know this is late and all (I'm painfully exhausted, tired, and had a fever), yet came to say that your plugin is awesome. As you yourself noted, I can't wait to make use of the survival elements to make use of portals. The more you have to earn the priviledge of using the portal the more rewarding it is. Placing your portal is awesome, curious to see what options you'll give us to customize these portals.

Thanks again!

• That error is in fact from my portal plugin not jame's, have you updated to the newest version of mine, it indeed had that error some versions back, but should have been fixed in the new version

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Tested it in single play...I like it a lot... :love:

would it be possible for the menu to open as soon as you enter a portal?

What would be optimal if this is a restricted menu that only offers the travel options ...

for the owner of the portal possibly with a cancel button so that he can then edit the portal with "U" (the complete menu). :thinking:

• yahgiggle currently I only have the WTGPortals plugin installed

The log file you provided shows both plugins installed and loaded, I also tested his plugin running along side mine, and can confirm the error, even on my latest version, I'll fix it soon and upload a new version

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yahgiggle I'll check that again tonight - but only the WTGPortal should be installed at the moment. Except the game has a bug that it somehow also uses the packed (ZIP, 7z) files which I save in the portals folder. But I don't think so, because the Elevators plugin only runs if the Elevators folder exists under Plugins

• Tested it in single play...I like it a lot... :love:

would it be possible for the menu to open as soon as you enter a portal?

What would be optimal if this is a restricted menu that only offers the travel options ...

for the owner of the portal possibly with a cancel button so that he can then edit the portal with "U" (the complete menu). :thinking:

the menu auto open is possible but it would have to check vector position every time the player moves then compare this to the database. single player this would be fine, but if you had 20 ppl running around a server you would run into database locked issue as you can only have one connection at a time to an SQLite database. i will be redoing the plugin once the api gets an update.

• After I deleted all plugins and only installed the WTG portal, there is no longer an error message, but the update button for the name still does not work. If I want to list my or the public portals, the message "Please Step Into A Portal" always comes up - even if I jump on the rod in the middle (what is it actually for?).

Respect and thanks to all portal developers, but I'll stick with the simplehome plugin for now, which has worked without any problems so far

• After I deleted all plugins and only installed the WTG portal, there is no longer an error message, but the update button for the name still does not work. If I want to list my or the public portals, the message "Please Step Into A Portal" always comes up - even if I jump on the rod in the middle (what is it actually for?).

Respect and thanks to all portal developers, but I'll stick with the simplehome plugin for now, which has worked without any problems so far

well that's up to you, but keep in mind that all the plugins are on going projects that are coded by users who use there free time to code them, so this means things don't always work 100% right from get go, i know James pored hours into his plugin, it maybe worth giving it another go later on, once all the bugs are ironed out.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!