Game finished

• Another thing, why not consider the unity version as the main version as soon as it has at least hostile NPCs? And keep Java as a legacy version for those who want to continue having access to old items? This way, each update could bring a part with old java things and another with new things to focus on new players.

• I am pretty sure a lot of the resources from java are not in the new game to find out in the world? Or am I wrong?

I really miss the map, which if I'm not mistaken hasn't been implemented yet. Even though I already have the compass, I get lost a lot. I know there's a command to return home, but it's not the same thing, it looks creative game and not survival.

And I didn't find some biomes, something that might be a savanna with lions, elephants...

I can't find some ores, I played little, I admit, but I only find iron, aluminum and tugsten.

I see water, but if I'm not mistaken you still can't use it for watering, for example.

There are no hostiles and I believe there are no pre-generated caves at the moment, but I admit I'm kind of grateful for the lack of hostiles XD.

• Another thing, why not consider the unity version as the main version as soon as it has at least hostile NPCs? And keep Java as a legacy version for those who want to continue having access to old items? This way, each update could bring a part with old java things and another with new things to focus on new players.

This is of course Red51's desire. He wants to get the game parallel so he can then force Java onto the backseat allowing Unity to take things from that point onwards.

• This is of course Red51's desire. He wants to get the game parallel so he can then force Java onto the backseat allowing Unity to take things from that point onwards.

In fact, I understood that he would like to focus first on NPCs, biomes and caves... But I think that having at least the basics of NPCs (bandits) would be enough to change the unity version to main.

I understand that there is still a lot to bring to the Unity version, but this can be done gradually and at the same time bring new features with each update, but just as important as this would be to deliver updates faster (even if they were smaller updates).

• In fact, I understood that he would like to focus first on NPCs, biomes and caves... But I think that having at least the basics of NPCs (bandits) would be enough to change the unity version to main.

I understand that there is still a lot to bring to the Unity version, but this can be done gradually and at the same time bring new features with each update, but just as important as this would be to deliver updates faster (even if they were smaller updates).

Yup, that's exactly what Red51 and myself said. He wants it to be parallel, even with the bandits, biomes, caves, etc. Nearly there.

• I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding :wat: Currently we have no plans to release new updates for the Java version anymore, at least no content updates. The new version and the Java version are basically 2 separate games, so if we implement a particular feature in the new version, we basically have to spend the same amount of time to implement this feature for the Java version. Unfortunately we don't have enough resources to work on 2 games simultaneously...

But once the new version is a bit more fleshed out, it will indeed become the "main version", i.e. it will replace the Java version ;) The Java version, however, will then move to a separate beta branch, so it will remain playable (but it won't get any new features)... the next update will introduce biomes and caves btw (as well as some other new content) ^^

• I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding :wat: Currently we have no plans to release new updates for the Java version anymore, at least no content updates. The new version and the Java version are basically 2 separate games, so if we implement a particular feature in the new version, we basically have to spend the same amount of time to implement this feature for the Java version. Unfortunately we don't have enough resources to work on 2 games simultaneously...

I understand that Rising World is migrating Java to Unity, and knowing this, I already imagined that there would be no new updates to the Java version.

What I meant is that while the migration of what already exists in Java to Unity (C#) takes place, each update in the Unity version could be smaller (which would help to deliver in less time instead of taking 3 months), and each update could be composed of old and new items.

• I understand that Rising World is migrating Java to Unity, and knowing this, I already imagined that there would be no new updates to the Java version.

What I meant is that while the migration of what already exists in Java to Unity (C#) takes place, each update in the Unity version could be smaller (which would help to deliver in less time instead of taking 3 months), and each update could be composed of old and new items.

That sounds simple but it isn´t. It´s not like it´s a puzzle game and pieces are there, you just have to put them together.

Tell a mechanic that if the new motor didn´t arrive yet he can already start implementing a few screws here and there so when the new motor is available he just have to fit it in. That doesn´t work.

Red´s team is, as i imagine it, at the limit of what they can do. The high goal is to get Unity Version ready until end december to replace the Java version. Everything else has to stand back. They put in all they have to achieve this. There is no room to wiggle or squeeze anything else in. Even a little bit.

We all want more content, more models, etc. but need to wait until the team is ready for it. They have no reason to hold something back other than that they don´t have it ready to be released or that a patch with minor content now would throw back the bigger update.

Red mentioned several times that one patch is followed by several weeks of bug fixing. In this time there is no room for further development.

• At no point did I say it was simple. I'm a programmer too, I worked with Java for a long time and I know little about Unity and C#, enough to know that it's not really a puzzle, no matter how well it's structured, it's still basically a total rewrite of all the components.

However, what I said, and I'll say it again, if the updates were smaller (include fewer changes), then it takes less time to deliver. I understand that smaller updates are less expressive, they have less impact if you think about marketing, but I think that at the moment it wouldn't be a bad solution, it's better to wait 1 month and receive X than to wait 3 months to receive X, Y and Z. At the end of the 3 months, delivery is the same, but because they are more frequent deliveries, existing players have a greater sense that things are moving forward.

About updates where part is old features and part is new features, that's fine, it would only take twice as long to deliver everything that is old since half the time would be for new features. And I honestly can't understand what the controversy is about all this.

• At no point did I say it was simple. I'm a programmer too, I worked with Java for a long time and I know little about Unity and C#, enough to know that it's not really a puzzle, no matter how well it's structured, it's still basically a total rewrite of all the components.

However, what I said, and I'll say it again, if the updates were smaller (include fewer changes), then it takes less time to deliver. I understand that smaller updates are less expressive, they have less impact if you think about marketing, but I think that at the moment it wouldn't be a bad solution, it's better to wait 1 month and receive X than to wait 3 months to receive X, Y and Z. At the end of the 3 months, delivery is the same, but because they are more frequent deliveries, existing players have a greater sense that things are moving forward.

About updates where part is old features and part is new features, that's fine, it would only take twice as long to deliver everything that is old since half the time would be for new features. And I honestly can't understand what the controversy is about all this.

if you are a programmer i think you should know better. or maybe for games it´s different. it is not like you have a ton of small parts that you can add to the whole structure any time you want in any order.
    there are lots of dependencies, which is why it makes no sense to insert the screws before the motor is ready and in place. neither do you fill in oil or gas before the engine is installed.

also red mentioned that each update is followed by weeks of bugfixing and maintenance. for us players it would be more convinient to get monthly updates, of course. but overall it would just take more time to reach the goal.

aside that don´t think that they can do everything themselves. i.e. models are done external, not by red and his team. i think the same for animation, not entirely sure though.

Nothing is simple when it comes to art. Everything takes time, and I agree everybody has their own way of doing things. Red51 is struggling to get things going on his end, and you have your way of doing things as well. It would be nice to have monthly updates, and it almost ended up that way. Just like with Minecraft, everything ended up taking months, years, and beyond. Sadly, Minecraft sold its soul to the devil so that no longer holds as a proper example. Once you go corporate everything gets screwed up. We all understand how frustrating it is to wait, even trying to motivate other people to pull their weight as well. Everything gets sloppy.

1 month, 3 months, or 4 months.... Whatever people do is fine.

Following this they do tend to update their games every few days with trolls shouting "abandoned!" or "scam!". Tempers needlessly go flying because people have this stupid ego to them, as shown both on this forum and Steam Forums. Oh, and the fake Rising World discord group I had to bail on. People don't know how to have fun anymore.

https://store.steampowered.com…emgid=3789276275317238392

Yes, it's a lewd game. It's however a fun game you can play for your Nintendo simplicity of gameplay for 5 min, or 1 hour, or so.

Red51 said what he said and I'll take his word over anybody else after all the community betrayals I went through. People are so full of it. People need to be honest then we won't have to fight over stupid things. It's sad how people always try to fight for weird egoistic purposes.

Back to Rising World we go to build stuff, or make plugins. Let's do something actually worthwhile instead of fake-flexing. It'll get us nowhere. Not saying you specifically, I'm saying this in general.

• There are unfortunately two issues when it comes to releasing smaller, more frequent updates: one the one hand, each update release is always a bit time consuming. It includes things like writing posts in the forums, reproducing and fixing bugs etc. Releasing an update usually keeps us busy for 1-3 weeks, depending on how much needs to be done after the update (bugfixes, but also incorporating changes based on community feedback etc). Usually this wouldn't be an issue at all, but as long as the new version hasn't replaced the Java version, all updates for the new version mainly target the existing community (as mentioned earlier in this topic), which has little impact on our sales - and if our financial situation won't improve in the forseeable future, we'll be in serious trouble :silenced:

On the other hand, not all players are happy about small updates (especially if they're mostly cosmetic updates), at least if there are still other important things missing. Most people want more updates, but they're not necessarily happy about cosmetic updates. If we release a small update now introducing new furniture, for example, some people would complain that we were "wasting" our time by adding these things instead of adding meaningful content like biomes, enemies etc.

Having said that, these issues aren't relevant anymore once the new version has finally replaced the Java version. That will really take the pressure off us. Right now our main priority is to get the new version ready ASAP ^^

• all updates for the new version mainly target the existing community (as mentioned earlier in this topic), which has little impact on our sales - and if our financial situation won't improve in the forseeable future, we'll be in serious trouble :silenced: ^^

This is why I keep saying over and over again that if people are able to make any sorts of plugins that they should help out Red51 on the side. Do what you can while you can before it's genuinely too late.

As for Red51, I do hope your future updates help you out in the long run. I'm trying to nudge people your way on my end, but you know how stubborn people can be. Granted, it would also help to have an updated and improved API system, something even a caveman could fiddle with.

Can't wait to even see you implement NPC Companions, trains, various boat types, among other things you yourself promised on the roadmap. I hope your financial situation allows you to do so. Good luck!

Having said that, these issues aren't relevant anymore once the new version has finally replaced the Java version. That will really take the pressure off us. Right now our main priority is to get the new version ready ASAP ^^

Yeah, the next update is something that really needs to come out once it's baked in the oven. Maybe I can use the next update as a selling point to others to try out Rising World. Anything helps out. I'm even building up on my end in hype of the new update.

instead of adding meaningful content like biomes, enemies etc.

Yeah, biomes, enemies, NPC Companions, trains, vehicles (Cars & trucks), settlements, dungeons. It'll all help out in the long run, if you're able to do all that. Need other features, and even an improved API so people could feel motivated to do more for Rising World.

• red51 I appreciate all that you do. Still the best building game by far. Nothing even comes close. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

ArcticuKitsu one way you can support the game is to gift/buy copies for friends. It's on Steam sale for only $11.24. :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• ArcticuKitsu one way you can support the game is to gift/buy copies for friends. It's on Steam sale for only $11.24. :)

I had/have a few friends already buy the game, they simply need the proper API and proper way to mod (caveman modding) to further boost things. That, and they would feel more inclined to play if there were more features to play with. It's both a Red51 & community problem currently because I do have people who have it, they however are waiting for future updates and modding. More plugins need to be made as well.

As for me, I need simplified modding tools that even I could implement. Everything is way over my head that everything stalls out, and I warned about that issue. We need "caveman-level" modding tools.

Rising World is $17 Canadian, though I could only gift it to other Canadians at $13. It used to be 13, but because we have a turd :poo:as a Prime Minister everything is going to hell. I'm doing all I can on my end, other people need to step up. Granted, Red51 can only do whatever he can do. :dizzy:

--------

Edit: Saw this on the Steam Forums using DeepL to translate.

Our money reserves will be exhausted next year, so it is important for us to be able to carry out the replacement as soon as possible ;)

Well, if this doesn't convince people to produce more plugins then I don't know what shall. Red51 really needs to release more updates, and it's started to get overly tight. The pressure is on. I agree more people need to buy the game, I'm however having issues on my end where my VRChat friends are refusing to play. They simply don't find it to be their game. I need it to tap into more API, Mod.io, Vroid, and Booth Pixiv integrations. Maybe the power of Anime can save this game, if we can get it into Anime modding. If I can just hook people in via fishing, vehicles, modding, and other elements Rising World could be saved. I genuinely don't want to go back to Minecraft either. I want to stay in Rising World.

And as noted, having more things to do within Rising World goes without saying. The game needs to be able to play itself, as every game does.

People need to stop fighting me and actually start pulling their weight. I keep poking and prodding behind the scenes, even openly, and people keep fighting back with poison in their words, or are simply uninterested. I'm trying to get people onto the Rising World bandwagon, Red51 also however needs to make modding easier and more intuitive. Easier to dive into, etc.

• We need "caveman-level" modding tools.

What do you mean?

An avatar import tool like VRChat, just for NPCs?

Either you would have to set clear guidelines and only this way and that only works, that would only limit the possibilities again.

Especially with NPCs, you currently have to assemble it in Unity (bones, mesh, animator, Colleider), then you can control the whole thing via the plugin API, from scratch. How, when and where the object moves, what animator status it gets.

And then comes the problem of designing this animator so that everyone is happy.

I'm just trying to do it myself, smaller things can be done but they still have to be tailored precisely.

Maybe later, much later, there will be a more direct way to insert your own NPCs, if you can then fall back on the game's own animators, e.g. trade: if you have a dealer who already shakes his hands a lot and maybe already has things off the shelves If you get a cabinet, you would just have to adjust the bones and the mesh and then control it like all the game's own NPCs later

Simplifications are slowly building up, that's why I have the Project ToolsAPI, this is where all the "tricky" things you could use when developing plugins are created.

Currently I can only offer a GUI variant to generate windows and lists more quickly or a simple button that handles its own event and a timer label that shows you a cownt down and at the end triggers an event that can be stopped, started and reset.

Or placing GameObjects, like with the ModelLoader, can be used by others.

Unfortunately I can't keep up with the documentation, but there is an answer if you ask^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!