Upcoming: Water update

• Ya, it's tomorrow (12:45 am). If I'm forced to wait, then you guys can wait also. When I return to my PC I should be able to just pop open Rising World to then dive into water :)

Oh, I guess I should also start plotting & planning how to do canals if water is nearby Niska, or just for the fun of it. Sandblocks & all, or whatever. When the time comes we'll see what I'll do.

• I assume everything under the water will have its own new biome to? Is there any information about this?

. I think you are confusing this update (static water) with another update (dynamic water)..

To my knowledge todays static water update will not auto generate in the world, you'll have to manually "paint" it in.

Anybody out here able to correct me if i'm wrong

• Good Morning everyone so still no water that's fine by me. Rushing to get a roof on my home before the storm. As for daze up there looking for people to join his server, I wish you good luck. And who said Wednesday for the water update?? Hello Wednesday what's your forecast for today? 92 with a chance of afternoon showers here in PA.

• Good Morning everyone so still no water that's fine by me.

It seems like you arent looking or dont see the blue "banner" up top of the page. messages in there are update announcements.

The long anticipated water update will be available on Wednesday, 25th of May 2016, between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm (GMT)

^ is what it says

█████████████████████████████████████
    ^ that's the color of the "banner" i'm talking about

You can use http://www.timeanddate.com/ to calculate the time to whatever timezone you are in

• . I think you are confusing this update (static water) with another update (dynamic water)..

To my knowledge todays static water update will not auto generate in the world, you'll have to manually "paint" it in.

Aww man, I really hope you are wrong. The pictures red posted at the beginning of this thread led me to belive we would have oceans of water. Thx for the reply tho. :)

• Am I correct that this would be between 20.00 and 23.00 CET?

• posted at the beginning of this thread led me to belive we would have oceans of water. Thx for the reply tho. :)

So far from what i've been able to gather is that it will look like in the pictures but it wont interact with the world like how water should. ( for now)

Just sharing my thoughts of what i've seen from within this thread and a tiny bit of steam.
    Some folks follow Red51 like a hawk ( lol ) So they would know the finer details :D
    I'm looking for confirmation

Am I correct that this would be between 20.00 and 23.00 CET?

CET is 1 hour ahead of GMT
    check this out http://bit.ly/1Vi1PGg
    lol no seriously it calculates it for you with ease, i kid you not! :thumbsup:

• Ah, yes, seems I looked at CEST and thats 2h

• . I think you are confusing this update (static water) with another update (dynamic water)..

Static water is going to naturally generate in areas of your world that have not yet been explored. This is why I was asking admins on Freaks R Us server what there plan was for upgrading the server since any unclaimed land has already been "explored" and therefore will not generate water naturally. There's so much building on your server that I don't see anyone being ok with wiping the world but I was hoping that atleast the chunks for unclaimed land would be wiped from your database to allow water to nautally generate.

So in short, in a new world, water generates naturally but is static (will not re-shape to terrain changes). In existing worlds, water will not generate in explored areas so has to be manually placed (you asked in the past about allowing players to use creative mode to place their own water). The admin I spoke to last night (Forgot his name) said admins will have to place water manually in a player's land since opening up creative mode for the players would override the protections set by area protection script (as you have stated in the past).

• Thats good news zfoxfire, any idea if we will be able to place water manually in areas where we want it (since it wont float to through any canal we build)?

• Thats good news zfoxfire, any idea if we will be able to place water manually in areas where we want it (since it wont float to through any canal we build)?

Pretty sure Red said in the past that it will be available to place in Creative mode. That would make sense because alot of us have crazy builds in our world and won't be so willing to hit the reset button. :)

• Hue hue hue :D Since i only recently started to play rising world, and heard about the update, i will be starting a new map :3 *and flooding the forums with screenshots of new scenery? XD lol

• Most likely a test build that we don't have access to. Developers do that all the time to give a limited group access to a new build to test and work out bugs before releasing to the general public.

Yes, but that means the update is clooose :3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!