Changelog 2016-06-21: Bucket, Canteen, customizable Journal

• im already working on the java version of vornet so a drop at any time would be great since im now seeing alot of lua errors relating to lua being single threaded. mostly at array's getting filled up alot.

• Scaffolding should be sweet for both function & decoration. Bet someone would make SKyrim related bandit forts out of them. I'll try to use them for both functional & decorational use. Need to play around with them, yet that's awesome they were added.

Canteens making me shout a strong "YATTAA!~" on two fronts because - 1) Can finally drink on the go! & 2) It solidified the awesomeness of us getting canteens within this update, and that one actually came out. Awesome! Canteens being a major item. I now need to test this out the next time I manage to drop into my Rising World world to plan out an episode 4. This one I want to do properly because I missed a topic, or two, at hand in ep 3 by putting it neatly into ep 4.

Lastly, water buckets is a nice touch. That's awesome we can scoop up water & place it elsewhere. That's a nice way of doing things. I need to test this though. Still believing we need a renewable water source for those desiring to keep their water sources intact. Even loving the journal addition which is making me strongly desire books & scrolls to place in the unusable bookhself furniture. Would love to use that, even if it's to store something small & decorational, at the least. Maybe the canteen itself heh.

My respect goes out to you Red51! Nice! Now, when can I play Rising WOrld again....Maybe late into june 22nd & whole day of 23rd. Neat.

• Arctic,

Glad you got a chance to enjoy the updates. I spent my evening getting caught up on yard work, then wiki updates (sooo much content to go), followed by late-night job work. Atleast the week is going fast. I might get some time to play tonight.

I really want to check out this smoke emitter. I hope we get a water emitter as well. I want to make some kind of great underground stone hallway like in Moria with water pouring out of openings in the wall.

• My server won't restart since this update. I have a Nitrado server, never had an issue before so not sure how fast support is with them. In my log file I just keep getting this:

Wed Jun 22 10:50:14 EDT 2016 risingworld Restarted (*************) more than 10 times in a row. There seems to be something very wrong. Stopping it...

The asterisks are just where my server id is, and I wish it would tell me what went "very wrong" lol
    That's all the info I currently have! Any advice would be awesome while I'm waiting for support to respond.

• Thanks for your feedback :)

Red, NPCs you can tell when will probably be available to fill our singleplayer worlds?

First we need to get our new playermodels ready^^ They will serve as a foundation for all further human enemies or NPCs.

Great stuff Red, guess your not a football fan

True :D

Wed Jun 22 10:50:14 EDT 2016 risingworld Restarted (*************) more than 10 times in a row. There seems to be something very wrong. Stopping it...

Hmm... unfortunately this is an error message by Nitrado, so I can't tell you what's going on there exactly :( Is there eventually a recent log file in the "Logs" folder (in the server directory)?

• Thanks for your feedback

First we need to get our new playermodels ready^^ They will serve as a foundation for all further human enemies or NPCs.

True

Hmm... unfortunately this is an error message by Nitrado, so I can't tell you what's going on there exactly Is there eventually a recent log file in the "Logs" folder (in the server directory)?

Thanks for such a quick reply, one of the reasons I love this game! I figured the issue was probably on Nitrado's side. I have two log folders, one empty and another with the last file being generated last night. Can I get you the uploaded log file somehow?

• Yes, just click on "More Options" at the bottom, then "Attachments", there you can upload the file(s) ;)

Awesome. If the issue isn't fixed by the time I get back home, I'll get you the file. I have one more question if you don't mind! With the new Whitelist feature, do I just set to True in properties, then add a file called 'whitelist' with the usernames?
    Thanks again for being such a great help all the time!!!

• Awesome. If the issue isn't fixed by the time I get back home, I'll get you the file

There is btw. also a german user who's getting exactly the same error message. So there seems to be indeed something wrong with Nitrado at the moment =O

With the new Whitelist feature, do I just set to True in properties, then add a file called 'whitelist' with the usernames?

Exactly. Just create a text file and name it "whitelist.txt" and put it into your server directory. Usernames can either be separated by a new line or a semicolon ;)

• A small update (0.7.1.1) is available, it introduces some minor changes and bugfixes :) Servers need also to be updated

• [Change] Adjusted collision of scaffoldings (ramps)
    • [Change] Lua terrain edit function now also accepts water id
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with wrong object and construction placement (being unable to remove or interact with them)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with custom journal not being loaded properly in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing messages when being kicked from a server

• ___________________________
    Bugfix 2016-06-22:

• [Change] Lua terrain edit function now also accepts water id

I do not understand how to use command /we fill #id 100 It's does not work
    So I found my solution. Change file c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RisingWorld\scripts\world-edit\listeners\commandListener.lua
    Change stroke 22
    air = 0,
    put 100
    Should be air = 100,
    In game open chat
    /we select
    Then
    /we fill air

• i just do /we clear abs then use the terrain tool to add water but im going to test the we water soon.

• Arctic,

Glad you got a chance to enjoy the updates. I spent my evening getting caught up on yard work, then wiki updates (sooo much content to go), followed by late-night job work. Atleast the week is going fast. I might get some time to play tonight.

I really want to check out this smoke emitter. I hope we get a water emitter as well. I want to make some kind of great underground stone hallway like in Moria with water pouring out of openings in the wall.

Yup! Finally. Going to jump in now to check out the scaffolding, canteens, & the bucket. Time to experiment, enjoy, and have fun with things. Already saw the canteen with it being somewhat like a military green style. Neat. Was expecting something more rounded, yet this is awesome. Let's try it out. Reminds me of the old fashion Dollar Store army toy thing which I'll take for nostalgia (not complaining).

I assumed I had tomorrow off, yet I'm working, so I'll just have fun chillin' for the day while allowing my ep 4 video to dig into the community. 20 views is nice :)

The smoke emitter has me curious, yet heard mention that they were troublesome to use so I may have to start a test world for that one. Have fun making a stone hallway while I continue to settle into my world, wondering how to do my ep 5 to show off the goodies from this update.

Alright, less rambling & more playing Rising World! :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!