• Yeah, those would work. Been desiring more, yet feeling guilty also at holding Red51 back. When there's time.....

- White decorational:
    http://ironentrydoors.blog.com…Front-Exterior-Doors3.jpg

- Brown window decorational:
    http://www.preferredqc.com/img…easers/exterior_doors.jpg

- Older fashioned type:
    http://votch.org/wp-content/up…rative-front-doors-12.jpg

- Fancy 'fiberglass' door:
    http://www.canadawindowsanddoo…fiberglas-entry-doors.jpg

- Fancy 'fiberglass' door #2:
    http://www.midwestmanufacturin…lass/Prefinished/Main.jpg

- Curved doors:
    http://www.journal14.com/wp-co…ads/2012/08/Doors-039.jpg
    (To make use of them curved blocks.)

There's lots of awesome types of doors to go through.

• Some more doors would be nice. I'd also like a stone Moria door as well that glows ^^

This morning I was watching a server tour by SafetyMeeting, A greenhouse was visible and I realized that we could use a triangular window frame and also a simple wood frame door. The wood frame door would be essentially a window frame with hinges. The simple frame could also be built upon so you can build a custom door (such as an outhouse door with a cutout on top) or simply pop in a glass pane to make a greenhouse door. :)

• Another thing I would like to have is a 'simple' hinge gadget, to place on a fixed element (a block or whatever) and to which to attach something -- made by the user with planks, beams, glasses and whichever else build elements will be available in the future -- which will hinge.

The hinge itself may even have no visible part (it would be quite small anyway) and would only appear while applying it (like the opening direction arrows while positioning a door). This would allow doors for houses as well as for wardrobes, cupboards, cabinets, ... two-part (left and right) doors, open-able windows, garden and fence gates and in general anything which rotates by a fixed angle on request... If @red51 is hearing...

Also a slide gadget would be quite useful, for sliding doors but not only. But I understand this would open even more cans of worms.

• Yes some kind of invisible object would work. We need other gadget types to provide the mechanical operation of other doors or other objects. We need to be able to fold (like some closet doors) or an accordion, hide like a pocket door, swing out (a traditional door), or slide. The sliding and hiding object could be possibly the same thing. if the sliding door slides into the wall, its not visible exept for the very end.

My idea of a simple door frame was to allow you to start with a visible object to build ontop of, not an invisible object. If we went the invisible hinge route then we need some way to view invisible objects such as the hinges, or animation bones and joints. That would certainly be a more advanced system that would allow us to modify those joints.

• No idea what a "pocket door" is (my pockets have not doors ;) ); foldable elements are made with just a sequence of hinges; accordions are tricky, because they slide in a rail at the top (and at the bottom), but the articulations between the elements are hinges again. So, hinges would provide the base for a variety of things. Then, the more the better, of course!

Code-wise, the "simple door frame" concept is not simpler than the hinge-only concept, as both require to manage the addition of user-added elements to a moving (rotating) base, either (partially) visible or invisible; the former may even be more complex, as it would require variations at least in textures, which the latter would not need. From the user experience perspective, the hinge-only might be less obvious, but it greatly depends on how it is presented/described in the construction menus and lists.

Sure, as I said above, the hinge-only gadget would require a way to visualize it during construction, but there are already similar things in the programme, like the grid which appears only when needed (and requested), the door opening arrows which appear only while placing a door and so on. So, the hinge may be visualized with a conventional representation while holding an element of a type which can be attached to it.

Making the hinge gadget and the slide gadget two different elements or one single element with a parameter is an implementation detail which it probably better to leave to @red51 to decide, if he elects to pursue this path.

Great ideas, in any case!

• Since we're talking about wish lists, I would also love a Dutch door, where the top and bottom open independently. An oversized barn door would be nice, too.

The most useful door for me, though, is what Zfoxfire mentioned - an empty door frame that could be filled either with glass or a plank texture of our choice.

• I have to laugh at the Dutch Door bit because you have that in Minecraft when you mess about it in creative. You can have the top or bottom, and you can see it being two entities as one. It's fun. I would use Dutch Doors for NPC trading & farming to keep certain animals within. Nice stuff.

http://1ddi.com/dutch-doors-fo…ior-dutch-door-wholesale/

Also, I now want revolving doors now that Joni brought it up. Would have fancier ins & outs of my buildings that I'd expect it to be as bulky as the draw bridge. Oh, that be sweet. That, and hinge-only update would be interesting. I'd welcome it, more so when we get skinnier items to mess about with. Not using command prompt and such, but using thing objects like planks for doors. Window frames, and such.

"Powered By Rising World" :thumbup: Why I love this game so much.

• All would be rather easy to do ourselves, once the hinge-only gadget would be available.

Alright so here's a consolidated list of all the door gadgets to request. I agree with Miwarre about the gadget being a better solution to a visible frame. So each gadget should give you some kind of shape that is only visible in "door mode" or whatever. The shape shows the basic mechanical operation of the door system. Any construction object you craft can be snapped to that shape. The only issue I see is with accordion doors since they have lots of joints. Folding a plank with a material or image applied is not too hard but trying to fold a group of construction objects at multiple points might yield some nasty results.

*sliding door (either inside the wall or outside)
    * barn door (two sliding door systems that open out at the same time)
    * folding door (two folding sections on each side of equal width. Can also be combined with barn door)
    * accordion door (apply any material id or a poster image on a frame with x number of folds)
    * swinging door (current door types we have now but we need a gadget/frame so we can design our own)
    * revolving door ( A plus on the floor)
    * any of the above door types hinged on top or bottom (not sides) so we can get the dutch door

• Although this is a niche suggestion I had this in past suggestions already

1/2 height doors -> so we could stack them for either a dutch door or leave them as single objects for fence gates or cabinets.

2 Vertical Doors
    Garage door
    Portcullis

• bonjour , désolé je suis française , et je suis très mauvaise en anglais :thumbdown: Mais je Souhaite aussi Participer , si c'est possible et que ça ne pose pas de problème ^^ vous pourriez ajoutez des portes vitrés ou mettre des systèmes d'ouverture qu'on pourrais mettre sur des portes de notre création afin qu'elles puissent s'ouvrir :P .
    PS : est t'il possible d'ajouter genre un traducteur intégrer sur le forum ? du style on choisi la langue : P

mangaroots <3 Ce jeu :pouces vers le haut: , joueuse française , désolé pour mon anglais qui n'est pas très bon :thumbdown: ( french player , sorry for my english which is not very good :( but i try )

• bonjour , en effet et c'est déjà ce que je fais même si des fois les traductions ne sont pas forcement compréhensible mais c'est toujours mieux que rien ;)

mangaroots <3 Ce jeu :pouces vers le haut: , joueuse française , désolé pour mon anglais qui n'est pas très bon :thumbdown: ( french player , sorry for my english which is not very good :( but i try )

• ou carrément faire plusieurs styles de poignées (Avec le scénario ouverture / fermeture ) qu'on pourrais mettre sur nos portes créer dans le jeu ( poignées de porte , de verranda ou baie vitrée , de placard etc ...)

• I'm in total agreement with an increased variety of doors, especially glass doors.
    I'd like to see if possible the ability to scale doors in the same way as we can window frames.

A simple glass door might be simply made using a scaled window frame with a metallic texture. Is it then possible to have an open/close property to the object ?

• I'm in total agreement with an increased variety of doors, especially glass doors.
    I'd like to see if possible the ability to scale doors in the same way as we can window frames.

A simple glass door might be simply made using a scaled window frame with a metallic texture. Is it then possible to have an open/close property to the object ?

Glass and scaled doors would be very welcomed. As would trapdoors that open upward or downward, and pocket doors that slide open sideways into walls. I love designing my own furniture, and small doors would be a welcomed addition to some of them.

I also like the idea of being able to attach an open/close action to an item, as long as it makes sense to do so. I can see secret doors via walls being set up in our homes. Hiding closets, or staircases that lead to basements or attics. Or maybe to just between the walls.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!